PostSun Oct 14, 2018 10:23 am

Roscodog wrote:Available for trade

Keuchel-SP
Molina-C
Myers-1B
Moreland-1B
Phillips-OF

looking for FA or PROS picks in 2019.

Also I’m sure it’s happened to most of us that we have forgotten time to time about an extra player on our rosters after an injury for a night. I know I have over the years.
Never hurts for a friendly reminder if someone else notices though, feel free to let me know when I do.

Jerlins

Re: NAKL Chat

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 6:39 pm

It happens, not often, but it does happen. My concern (and it's not much of one) is historically, this league is often lax on draft time (drops or selections), sometimes hours, sometimes days, which gives the perception a few managers are paying little to no attention to the happenings regarding this league. If the draft is the most important part of the league, and the managers are consistently late, I fully understand why people get the impression that an extra body or two could end up becoming a long-term problem, more so if a manager has in the past, given reason to justify such concerns.

We do need to nip this in the bud though. While being a day late in abiding by the 25 man roster could (and should) be excused, multiple days, as well as multiple violations, should amount to the loss of a draft selection. In this particular example, there was no harm, no foul. But there is always a possibility that at some point, it might have an effect on playoff possibilities, so it's not a minor issue.

I know SOM is nothing more than a distraction to real life, and wouldn't expect anyone to treat it as anything but one. A few mishaps along the way is excusable as long as it doesn't become an ongoing issue for any particular manager.

Ninersphan

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 7:05 pm

Ok, as I suspected, Hawk is in Georgia dealing with Hurricane shit. If you guys are this hard assed about hawk, one of the most trust worthy owners I’ve dealt with in 17 years of doing this maybe I need a new hobby. I get asking a guy to comply but the way this was handled... NOT COOL. I’ve been giving serious thought to just quitting Strat altogether for various reasons and this just might push me right over the edge.

CAN NOT F***ING BELIEVE how un-understanding some of you are.

Jerlins

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 8:57 pm

Ninersphan wrote:Ok, as I suspected, Hawk is in Georgia dealing with Hurricane shit. If you guys are this hard assed about hawk, one of the most trust worthy owners I’ve dealt with in 17 years of doing this maybe I need a new hobby. I get asking a guy to comply but the way this was handled... NOT COOL. I’ve been giving serious thought to just quitting Strat altogether for various reasons and this just might push me right over the edge.

CAN NOT F***ING BELIEVE how un-understanding some of you are.

Well, since this post was written immediately after mine, it appears to me I'm "one of the some". Nothing in my post should suggest I am not understanding to real life issues, in particular, to the immediate subject.

First sentence: "It happens, not often, but it does happen."
Last two sentences: "I know SOM is nothing more than a distraction to real life, and wouldn't expect anyone to treat it as anything but one. A few mishaps along the way is excusable as long as it doesn't become an ongoing issue for any particular manager."

Perhaps what was written in between might give one the opinion I was blasting Hawk's inaction, and if so, I apologize. It wasn't my intent. I was just pointing out that this particular rule has never been addressed and that perhaps we should address it before it does become one.

If anyone has been offended or feels I've called them out in my post, again, I apologize.

mlbphan

PostSun Oct 14, 2018 10:13 pm

nah Jerlins it was directed towards me & the way I went about it, which I’m fine with.

Well, since this post was written immediately after mine, it appears to me I'm "one of the some". Nothing in my post should suggest I am not understanding to real life issues, in particular, to the immediate subject.

First sentence: "It happens, not often, but it does happen."
Last two sentences: "I know SOM is nothing more than a distraction to real life, and wouldn't expect anyone to treat it as anything but one. A few mishaps along the way is excusable as long as it doesn't become an ongoing issue for any particular manager."

Perhaps what was written in between might give one the opinion I was blasting Hawk's inaction, and if so, I apologize. It wasn't my intent. I was just pointing out that this particular rule has never been addressed and that perhaps we should address it before it does become one.

If anyone has been offended or feels I've called them out in my post, again, I apologize.

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am

Bottom line, no one was attacking our friend Hawk. David is and has always been a class act. Generally a reminder email/text/league IM, etc. is all that is needed. Everyone has missed stuff like this quite often and all of us have had situations in our life where we've had to focus on more important things. I think Hawk understands that and took no offense.

Roscodog

PostFri Nov 02, 2018 11:27 pm

Roscodog trades

C.Hernandez 2b

To Aray for

D.Gordon 2b
2019 2nd round prospect pick

To be confirmed

Aray0113

PostFri Nov 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Roscodog wrote:Roscodog trades

C.Hernandez 2b

To Aray for

D.Gordon 2b
2019 2nd round prospect pick

To be confirmed

Trade confirmed!

Roscodog

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 10:15 am

Roscodog trades

Schoop 2b

To WJS for

2019 6th round FA pick

To be confirmed

Ninersphan

PostMon Nov 05, 2018 4:28 pm

Roscodog wrote:Roscodog trades

Schoop 2b

To WJS for

2019 6th round FA pick

To be confirmed

WJS, will need to post a drop when he confirms.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat