• Author

Ninersphan

Re: USKL 3 Chat

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 9:37 pm

Jose Martinez
Isan Diaz
Manny Pina
Mitch Keller

Any one of which available for a 2021 6th rd pick. I need to clear a roster spot.

edub1969

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 9:43 pm

Trade announcement

Ninersphan trades

Mitch Keller

to edub1969 for

His 2021 6th Rd FA pick

Bill to confirm

Ninersphan

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 10:08 pm

edub1969 wrote:Trade announcement

Ninersphan trades

Mitch Keller

to edub1969 for

His 2021 6th Rd FA pick

Bill to confirm

Confirm and promote Jordan Yamamoto to take Keller’s sot on the active roster

Palmtana

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 9:12 pm

blsmith7 wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:BUMP--do people know there is a draft going on?

Somehow, I missed this as I made my last selection, as it occurred while I was making my choice. I was going to let it slide, but feel inclined to reply as it was apparently made towards me. At least, that's how my sensitive self is taking it right now.

I am a public school teacher in a high school, while my wife is a 3rd grade teacher in another district. A little over a week ago, we were both thrust into a situation in which we must instruct our students from home. We were given about a day to prepare for this. Now, I must figure out and prepare distance learning lessons for 100 students on a daily basis. My wife must do the same for her 22 students. We are learning on the fly how to make this happen. At the same time, we have two daughters in middle school who are having to stay at home to learn, from teachers also learning on the fly. We have 4 laptops/chromebooks going at the same time in the same room (along with a dog not used to having us home all day every day). We have been spending our days from 7:30 AM to 4:30 (or later) PM trying to figure this out, with constant contact from parents and students trying to do the same. In addition, I am on city council in my home town and spent a portion of my day today picking up and delivering hand sanitizer to our police force. I just got home from a city council meeting. I actually was supposed to leave this evening for my HS softball team's spring training trip to Orlando. It was obviously cancelled, as our season most likely will be. Oh, did I mention my older sister had heart failure while undergoing dialysis yesterday. We can't get in to see here because of the new rules, but it doesn't look good.

I am not trying to portray myself heroically or sympathetically, as I am sure many of you are dealing with similar, or worse, situations in this unprecedented time. SOM is a welcome diversion, as usual, to the grind of life. Even more so now. Do I know there is a draft going on? Hell, yes! Could I maybe send proxies or be more prompt? Maybe. Quite frankly, looking back on what I just wrote, I'm amazed I was able to make a pick at all. But, give me a fucking break! I will certainly do the same for anyone else. I am now going to crack open a beer, and then probably fall asleep on the couch. I might miss my turn again. Skip me!

With apologies...I recognize that I am venting and no intent was probably there, but it was therapeutic just getting it all written out. Be well all!

Brian

Some of us are stuck at home and drafts are high on our list. Others I've heard from have had their worlds turned upside down. I'm glad that Ernie, and most other commishes, haven't instituted clocks. It's time to sloooooow down in many ways.

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 11:01 pm

Palmtana wrote:
blsmith7 wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:BUMP--do people know there is a draft going on?

Somehow, I missed this as I made my last selection, as it occurred while I was making my choice. I was going to let it slide, but feel inclined to reply as it was apparently made towards me. At least, that's how my sensitive self is taking it right now.

I am a public school teacher in a high school, while my wife is a 3rd grade teacher in another district. A little over a week ago, we were both thrust into a situation in which we must instruct our students from home. We were given about a day to prepare for this. Now, I must figure out and prepare distance learning lessons for 100 students on a daily basis. My wife must do the same for her 22 students. We are learning on the fly how to make this happen. At the same time, we have two daughters in middle school who are having to stay at home to learn, from teachers also learning on the fly. We have 4 laptops/chromebooks going at the same time in the same room (along with a dog not used to having us home all day every day). We have been spending our days from 7:30 AM to 4:30 (or later) PM trying to figure this out, with constant contact from parents and students trying to do the same. In addition, I am on city council in my home town and spent a portion of my day today picking up and delivering hand sanitizer to our police force. I just got home from a city council meeting. I actually was supposed to leave this evening for my HS softball team's spring training trip to Orlando. It was obviously cancelled, as our season most likely will be. Oh, did I mention my older sister had heart failure while undergoing dialysis yesterday. We can't get in to see here because of the new rules, but it doesn't look good.

I am not trying to portray myself heroically or sympathetically, as I am sure many of you are dealing with similar, or worse, situations in this unprecedented time. SOM is a welcome diversion, as usual, to the grind of life. Even more so now. Do I know there is a draft going on? Hell, yes! Could I maybe send proxies or be more prompt? Maybe. Quite frankly, looking back on what I just wrote, I'm amazed I was able to make a pick at all. But, give me a fucking break! I will certainly do the same for anyone else. I am now going to crack open a beer, and then probably fall asleep on the couch. I might miss my turn again. Skip me!

With apologies...I recognize that I am venting and no intent was probably there, but it was therapeutic just getting it all written out. Be well all!

Brian

Some of us are stuck at home and drafts are high on our list. Others I've heard from have had their worlds turned upside down. I'm glad that Ernie, and most other commishes, haven't instituted clocks. It's time to sloooooow down in many ways.

I responded on the draft thread. It was a simple bump to the front page and a general comment that the draft was pretty kickback. It just happened to be Brian's turn, who has a lot of crazy stuff going on. Nothing at all directed at Brian.
At any rate, we all have our crazy stories going on right now. I happen to be in front of a computer 12 to 14 hours per day moving millions of dollars of goods to help fill grocery stores. I have Strato on my computer all day (19 total teams ramping up or going right now). This is my 4th Keeper draft out of 9 Keeper Leagues. So glad to have this fun distraction these days.

klx22

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 5:13 pm

Players Available
Jose Abreu
Cesar Hernandez
David Bote
Yasiel Puig
David Price
Cal Quantrill
Jay Groome
Matt Strahm

Looking for FA picks mainly, but open to possible player swaps.

fowldawg

PostWed Mar 25, 2020 5:56 pm

edub, check PM

edub1969

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Trade announcement

edub1969 trades

Bryce Harper
Tom Murphy
Corey Seager
His 2020 Spring 1st and 2nd Rd Prospect picks

for

Fernando Tatis
Joey Votto

Jason to confirm and due to unbalanced trade, can either lose a draft pick or post a drop to keep the draft pick

fowldawg

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 11:01 pm

I confirm and will drop John Gant

edub1969

PostSun Mar 29, 2020 10:52 pm

Notes on Assigned Time slots for those of you new to the league or a refresher for everyone else

Assigned times are 1 hour time slots beginning at 10am Eastern Time each day

For example:
Team A is in the 10am-11am time slot. Once Team A has made their pick (it can obviously be made prior to that if owner chooses) the next owner may pick (in this case we'll say Team B) even if it's before Team B's time slot of 11am-12pm.

IF Team A (or any owner) doesn't make their pick by the end of the assigned time slot, they are skipped and the next owner may make their selection since their time slot is now up. The skipped owner may post their selection at any time to get caught up.

IMPORTANT NOTE:
The last time slot of the evening (9pm-10pm) MUST make their pick by 10pm or they can be skipped as well. This isn't like the "Clock" some of you are used to.

p.s. - If you have back to back picks, you will need to make both picks in your hour time slot
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat