USKL 3 Chat & Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

seanreflex

Re: USKL 3 CHAT & TRADES

PostTue May 07, 2024 9:18 pm

MFL536 wrote:2 missing picks were made

as was being done in another league where Hawk was being replaced I will wait on any trades with the hope he shows up again
a number of tradeable pieces

Mike, welcome to the league!

Where were the 2 missing picks made? I don't see them posted anywhere on this thread. I believe I am up next in the draft and don't want to hold things up any longer than necessary.

Thanks.

Ninersphan

PostTue May 07, 2024 9:20 pm

seanreflex wrote:
MFL536 wrote:2 missing picks were made

as was being done in another league where Hawk was being replaced I will wait on any trades with the hope he shows up again
a number of tradeable pieces

Mike, welcome to the league!

Where were the 2 missing picks made? I don't see them posted anywhere on this thread. I believe I am up next in the draft and don't want to hold things up any longer than necessary.

Thanks.

This is not the draft thread, please see the draft thread

Ninersphan

PostTue May 07, 2024 9:21 pm

Ok draft is restarted, we'll hold off on a clock for the rest of this round but starting rd. 3 it will be 2-hour clock 10am-10pm Monday -Friday.

I have made some edits to the google roster. I took off the 6 or 7 draft picks Sean had added on the combined roster tab so I could get an accurate count of how many draft picks everyone should have had after cuts were made. To do that I converted what was the Draft page to just a draft grid and created a draft page that will be easier to cut and paste the draft pick onto from the message boards. The entire draft order is now on the first post of the draft thread. Everyone please check it out and make sure I have your correct number of picks.

I will continue to edit the roster, changing the order of names (Last, First), moving guys to more appropriate positions, (added DH, INF and OF) and alphabetizing large groups. If you want a particular player moved to a particular position, please let me know.

IMPORTANT

I am imposing a moratorium on trading 2025 summer prospect picks and 3rd round supplemental picks.

The free agent draft pool for this league is a deep as a puddle. It was something I wanted to address in my first stint and commissioner and was not able to, before I resigned due to time constraints. Now that I'm back in the saddle, I would like to propose some steps to improve the Free agent draft pool going forward. Once we are done drafting, I will be putting up two or three proposals to change draft formats for the prospect drafts and supplemental draft, but I want the league to vote on the proposals. Maybe you guys like shallow spring drafts.

One more note, the rules for the draft state:

4) All owners must have a full 40 man roster upon completion of the annual Spring Free Agent draft.

However no team will allowed to draft past the 15th round, with one exception. In the event a trade occurs during the draft that is unbalanced that would leave a team with less than 40 players at the end of their predetermined last round, that player would be awarded a Supplemental draft pick at the end of the draft to bring their roster to 40. If this happens with multiple teams, the draft order would follow the same order as earlier rounds.

Due to Ernie's pre-draft trades and the number of cuts he made, he would be two players short of 40 if he ended where the draft is supposed to in round 15. Because I'm coming in after the cuts were done and it wasn't caught prior, he will be awarded two supplemental picks in order to bring his roster to 40.

Thank you all for your patience. Lets get this rolling.

Ninersphan

Re: USKL 3 Chat: MEMBERS PLEASE READ MY LATEST POST

PostWed May 08, 2024 12:51 pm

ATTENTION

I don't usually like messages in the draft thread's but this one is important so I'm putting it in both the draft and chat threads:

PLEASE do NOT use Ernie's original players available Google doc.

I have moved the information to the league Roster Google doc as I don't have edit capabilities on Ernie's sheet. I will do my best to keep it current by making the cells with the names red as players are drafted. There are separate tabs for Hitters and Pitchers.

Keep in mind this is not a complete list.
There are many players that are eligible to be drafted but are not on these lists. Any player that has played in any MLB prior to the start of the 2024 MLB season is eligible.

MFL536

PostWed May 08, 2024 1:18 pm

going to look to trade I am weak in sp and RP and 3B I know as is everyone else
have the following available
Goldschmidt 1B
W.Franco ss (for this yr will be playing in Dominican Penal league next year)
W.Flores
Gimenez(possible)

Ninersphan

PostWed May 08, 2024 8:10 pm

I have been in touch with Rick (joker) he is “on the road”. Gave me a proxy that was no good. I’d like everyone to get a pick before we officially turn on the clock. Hopefully he’ll pick sometime tonight.

seanreflex

PostWed May 08, 2024 8:12 pm

Thanks for the update Bill. I’ll hang tight until Joker makes his pick

edub1969

PostThu May 09, 2024 2:21 pm

Please add Jose Butto to my SP's Bill when you can. Drafted in 1st round and I didn't add him at that point. Thanks!

Ninersphan

PostThu May 09, 2024 2:25 pm

edub1969 wrote:Please add Jose Butto to my SP's Bill when you can. Drafted in 1st round and I didn't add him at that point. Thanks!

None of the draft picks have been added yet. I likely won't get to it until the weekend. As I explained I took the few that were added off rosters to get an accurate count of all draft picks. The first post on the draft thread shows all the completed rounds.

edub1969

Re: USKL 3 Chat & Trades

PostThu May 09, 2024 4:03 pm

Trade announcement

edub1969 trades

Teooscar Hernandez
Manny Machado
Tyler Glasnow
His 2024 Summer 1st rd prospect pick (#TBD)

to MFL536 for

Andres Gimenez
Wander Franco
Merrill Kelly
His 6th rd 2024 FA pick #68

Mike to confirm
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat