Unleashed Keeper Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Jerlins

Re: Unleashed Keeper Chat

PostFri May 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Oh, and on a side note to Bill, yes, I drafted a SS, but he actually projects as an OF or 2B, so I went against my norm.

KEVINEHLE

PostFri May 08, 2020 7:03 pm

Jerlins wrote:
fredpaii wrote:I might have to give you a pass. lol

Sounds like you're doing all the right things other than smoking. Maybe you're not smoking that much anyhow.

No, I don't. Though, in SOM related topics, I might have an extra one or two. One, while waiting until 1am or later waiting on game results knowing I should be sleeping, and two, composing a tactful, non insulting response to offers that honestly shouldn't be responded to. :lol:

George Burns lived into his 90s. I didn't see him eating salads and doing pilates. ;)

fredpaii

PostFri May 08, 2020 7:25 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
Jerlins wrote:
fredpaii wrote:I might have to give you a pass. lol

Sounds like you're doing all the right things other than smoking. Maybe you're not smoking that much anyhow.

No, I don't. Though, in SOM related topics, I might have an extra one or two. One, while waiting until 1am or later waiting on game results knowing I should be sleeping, and two, composing a tactful, non insulting response to offers that honestly shouldn't be responded to. :lol:

George Burns lived into his 90s. I didn't see him eating salads and doing pilates. ;)

And he's funny like George too. He probably even thinks he's God!

chasenally

PostFri May 08, 2020 8:48 pm

Well I can tell you now that I am no longer CALM. I really expected this to be fixed. I cant even begin to tell you WTF I think about this. I will let you know in a couple of hours if this is the first league I quit. I need to calm the F down first

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

fredpaii

PostFri May 08, 2020 9:02 pm

Mike, I sent you a PM

Ninersphan

PostFri May 08, 2020 10:00 pm

What would you suggest is a fix?

You deleted the emails. That’s not my fault. Then, when you saw the draft was going on, you didn’t pick, didn’t say you couldn’t pick today, left no proxy, no indication that you were continuing or not continuing Just a message that you needed to calm down. You also sent an email detailing your work schedule, but did not answer my follow up emails.

I’m not really sure what you are expecting.

If you are expecting a redraft, I’m not inclined to do that. You not reading emails and communicating is the issue.

I will offer to trade you both my prospect picks next year and supplemental picks this year plus my 2nd round pick next these for your two picks in their draft.

I’m not going to do a re draft.

chasenally

PostFri May 08, 2020 11:54 pm

I sent everyone a email as to why I am dropping out of this League. I have never dropped out of a League before and I do this after careful consideration. My son tells me I will regret this and he is correct I will!

On May 4th at 3:34pm I made my last Draft Pick in round 10. On May 7th at 1:44pm the last pick of the Draft was made. I spent zero time on this as I was done 3 days earlier. May 7th at 4:28pm I was skipped for the 1st pick of the Prospect Draft. Why? We needed to get this done? I haven't spent any time on this League as I was done. You sent me a email and that was good enough to move on and skip me for a player that wont make the Show for 2 to 7 years?

I am guessing when we skipped the second pick at 6:28 we had a real problem on our hands. No we just kept moving along with the draft that doesn't have anything to do with anything for 2 to 7 years.

This League had a problem right away with this and was given ample opportunity to fix this quickly. 23 hours passed before either the 1st or 2nd Manager even selected a player.

I am done and I feel bad about quitting because I hate Owners that quit and I will have to live with it. My son Chase is correct I will regret this but I have made my decision.

I am sorry but it is time for me to leave this League.

Mike
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

Ninersphan

PostSat May 09, 2020 10:16 am

Mike,

Sorry you feel that way. A couple of things though:

Your supposition that prospects are 2-7 years away is flawed. Many times the prospects, especially in league where drafting only 2 a year as this one does, are called up the very next year. Now I will admit, due to the circumstances of this halted MLB season that is less likely, but to say all prospects draft here are 2-7 years out is flat out incorrect.

Next, drafts had bogged down and several managers expressed frustration at the slow pace so I instituted the clock. Simple as that. I felt once it was on no reason not to leave it on,

Lastly,you are still not taking responsibility for deleting/not reading my emails informing the league the clock would remain on. That’s your prerogative of course, but if you had read them and then responded you wouldn’t be able to pick, arrangements could have been made. But with no communication from you until after the fact, I don’t think it was/is fair to the rest of the league who did read them and made picks.

Sorry you feel the way you do.

Good luck to you and yours.

Ninersphan

PostSat May 09, 2020 12:51 pm

I have a couple of feelers out for a replacement, I will give those parties until Monday evening to respond. If I do not hear from them by then I will seek a replacement on the boards.

Sorry for this, but as evidenced by my responses, I do feel Mike also shoulders some fault.

Ninersphan

PostSat May 09, 2020 2:03 pm

Please welcome back MFL536, who resumes management of his old team. He'll be picking his prospects shortly and I'll be setting up the league before the weekend is out.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat