Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re:League Roster & Transaction sheet

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:16 am

After giving both sknsfan's and thisisdan's roster sheets a look it's very apparent I will need their assistance in learning how to maintain them (updates) for you.

I like thisisdan's version (googledoc) because it can be linked to the board here. But as far as I'm aware, my input on the document is prevented by sign in/password issues. I want to figure the thing out but I can't even access the editing features.

I like sknsfan's excel sheet because it does seem to enable editing for anyone so inclined. Or able! Anyhow, I've attempted to make changes to this version and they didn't stick. That's of course with no assistance from sknsfan. II'm hoping sknsfan can give me a call. He said he would on Sunday. I still hope he can give me a call at 208-963-9201.

If thisisdan can call me and talk me through his googledoc sheet then we'll use that instead. That (his roster sheet) would be my preference but I know dan is usually busy.

So folks, I'm here waiting for help in learning and maintaining your league roster sheet, whether it be sknsfan's excel sheet or thisisdan's googledoc. If I don't get a call from either of sknsfan or thisisdan within a week then I'll probably do my best at creating roster sheets MY OWN WAY. That could be extremely simplistic! I don't want to do that but I may have to.

KEVINEHLE

Re: Pesos de beisbol league Official Business (sknsfan=CALL

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 4:13 pm

I prefer the Excel spreadsheet that can be emailed like the rest of my keeper leagues.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:I prefer the Excel spreadsheet that can be emailed like the rest of my keeper leagues.

Do you know how to work with it? Have you ever edited anything on it?

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 6:01 pm

fredpaii wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:I prefer the Excel spreadsheet that can be emailed like the rest of my keeper leagues.

I know how to work with the Excel documents that we email back and forth. However, the Google Docs always seem to be cumbersome. You are correct that only the person who created the Google Doc or gives permission to someone else can update a Google Doc. It sounds like you haven't been given Google Doc permission from Dan.

Again, I preferred the emailed Excel version that the commish would send out and we can all save and keep in our own files. I'm not excited about the shared Google Doc system.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 7:20 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
fredpaii wrote:

I know how to work with the Excel documents that we email back and forth. However, the Google Docs always seem to be cumbersome. You are correct that only the person who created the Google Doc or gives permission to someone else can update a Google Doc. It sounds like you haven't been given Google Doc permission from Dan.

Again, I preferred the emailed Excel version that the commish would send out and we can all save and keep in our own files. I'm not excited about the shared Google Doc system.

Could you do me and the league a favor by doing some editing? If you can go ahead and cut those players (at least three after your 1 for 3 deal with me) that you needed to cut to afford your Supp picks then please call me and tell me exactly how you did it. This would be for the excel sheet (sknsfan's creation). If we can roll with that one I'd be happy. My number is 208-963-9201.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 8:09 pm

And also because I'm going to have to add players to teams could you switch Cory Luebke from edub's team to the SP section under my team (derfs)? And then note in the appropriate area that edub has my 2013 4th round FA pick.

If you don't know how to do all or any of that don't stress on it. I'll just wait for sknsfan.

fredpaii

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 pm

duh!!!

sknsfan is a east-coaster. Obviously. Took me a while before I figured that one out. Guys, I know we've been waiting for a while now but I will wait until sknsfan comes back before we hold this Supp draft. I worry that something happened to him with the storm back there. He said he would call me on Sunday...but it never happened. He sounded enthused too. I want to hold the Supp draft this Saturday if jmlopp signs in (after Mr. Baseballworld) in time but I want to be sure sknsfan is alright first.

I hope you all can hang with me. I know it's a bit of a pain.

KEVINEHLE

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:38 am

fredpaii wrote:And also because I'm going to have to add players to teams could you switch Cory Luebke from edub's team to the SP section under my team (derfs)? And then note in the appropriate area that edub has my 2013 4th round FA pick.

If you don't know how to do all or any of that don't stress on it. I'll just wait for sknsfan.

Fred, I don't have a copy of the Excel Document that sknsfan did. Hence my request for an emailable Excel document. Does anyone have this document? Does it exist?.....or does the list only reside on Google Docs?

Sknsfan

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 12:31 pm

Hey guys,

Fred - I'll give you a call this evening.

Sorry I've been out of touch. Got swamped between my new project and my writing. Haven't been checking in.

fredpaii

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
fredpaii wrote:And also because I'm going to have to add players to teams could you switch Cory Luebke from edub's team to the SP section under my team (derfs)? And then note in the appropriate area that edub has my 2013 4th round FA pick.

Fred, I don't have a copy of the Excel Document that sknsfan did. Hence my request for an emailable Excel document. Does anyone have this document? Does it exist?.....or does the list only reside on Google Docs?

Okay. I just sent it to you. No pressure though. sknsfan is back.

If anyone else would like sknsfan's roster sheet just let me know via email or PM....fredpaii@yahoo.com

P.S.--James Zimmer needs to list his email address

EDIT: We still need Mike Lopp (jmlopp) and Mr.BaseballWorld to sign in and list their Supp draft cuts by midnight tonight, est. If this happens we can start the draft this Saturday at 10 am, est.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat