Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Re: Pesos de beisbol league chat

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 3:38 pm

I am a little disappointed because no matter how you align them I am always dead last. :(
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 3:51 pm

fredpaii wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:Commish - READ THE RULES ABOUT DIVISIONAL ASSIGNMENTS. THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE INCORRECT AS STATED ABOVE.

General rules:
1) There will be 2 seasons played each year; Season 1 will begin after the Initial spring free agent draft - Season 2 will begin in prior to or just after July.
2) Divisional assignments will change each season. The format is this: a) initial divisional assignments will follow the general 1-4-7-10 East, 2-5-8-11 Central, and 3-6-9-12 West.
3) Cumulative team records will determine the divisional assignments for Season 1 of each new year.
4) Divisional assignments for season 2 each year will be determined by the final won/loss records of the previous season.

Dave is exactly right. #2 only applied to our initial season before we had any past records obviously.

In the other Keeper Leagues, the divisions are set up on last year's combined record. The #1, #2, #3, #4 records would be in the East, #5, 6,7, 8 would be in the Central, and 9,10,11,12 would be in the West.

Should we go ahead and follow the other leagues logic and update our Pesos rules?

elpasopesos

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 pm

I have given this a lot of thought and I have decided that at the end of these two upcoming seasons, I will be leaving this league. This is personally rather sad for me because I was the one who first poised the question about starting a keeper league. If you notice the name of the league is based off my team;s name, in case you hadn't noticed that.

Stratomatic Baseball is a game and a hobby. When you invest time into a game or hobby, you want a return. That return was the pure joy of competition, the excitement of seeing the daily results, trying to find the right combinations to improve your team, drafting, talking, sharing, and having fun.

Lately a certain person in this league has turned participating in this league from joy to drudgery. I am, as a result of today's hostile exchanges (one's that could have been-hey Mark, I think maybe you made a mistake) realizing that I am just not having fun anymore. I will honor my commitment to finish out the year but I am putting a freeze on any trades and resign as commissioner effective immediately.

I will miss my many friends I have made here, especially you Fred who was always so helpful. I will always remember all you did to help me. For everyone else, I hope you continue to find the joy in this game and this league that I once knew

Mark

fredpaii

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 3:59 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:
fredpaii wrote:
lakeviewdave wrote:Commish - READ THE RULES ABOUT DIVISIONAL ASSIGNMENTS. THE ASSIGNMENTS ARE INCORRECT AS STATED ABOVE.

General rules:
1) There will be 2 seasons played each year; Season 1 will begin after the Initial spring free agent draft - Season 2 will begin in prior to or just after July.
2) Divisional assignments will change each season. The format is this: a) initial divisional assignments will follow the general 1-4-7-10 East, 2-5-8-11 Central, and 3-6-9-12 West.
3) Cumulative team records will determine the divisional assignments for Season 1 of each new year.
4) Divisional assignments for season 2 each year will be determined by the final won/loss records of the previous season.

Dave is exactly right. #2 only applied to our initial season before we had any past records obviously.

In the other Keeper Leagues, the divisions are set up on last year's combined record. The #1, #2, #3, #4 records would be in the East, #5, 6,7, 8 would be in the Central, and 9,10,11,12 would be in the West.

Should we go ahead and follow the other leagues logic and update our Pesos rules?

I want to wait until Mark says something after my response. If he still holds to his alignment idea then we're going to have to do that....even if that's not what the rules state IMO. Mark is the Official Commissioner of this league.

fredpaii

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 pm

Mark, please take a day or two off. Then see how you feel. Maybe your joy will come back! We don't need to align these divisions right away. In fact we could just take a vote on which alignment strategy to use now. Would you like a vote?

chasenally

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 6:01 pm

I am in agreement with Mark. I am sorry it has become a job for you and the enjoyment is gone. The time and effort put into running a League like this is enormous. This topic about alignment of teams could have been handled easily but instead it was turned into a shit show. We cant even get started until next Monday so why this had to be fixed today is beyond me. Mark has stated many times that his school was taking up much of his time and why we could not respect that is beyond me.

I quit Theme Leagues and have played only Keepers for a couple of years now because of just this sort of shit. I ran into a problem with my draft picks and just waited until it was figured out and did what needed to be done to correct it. It just isn't that important to me that I cant become flexible and go with the flow.

Mike :(
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

JAMESZIMMER

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 3:45 am

Give it some thought, Mark. You’ve done a great job as Commish.

elpasopesos

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 10:26 am

JAMESZIMMER wrote:Give it some thought, Mark. You’ve done a great job as Commish.

OK I TOOK A FEW DAYS OFF AND I FEEL BETTER HERE ARE THE NEW DIVISIONAL ALIGNMENTS.
East
ghost of roger maris
Fredpaii
viper44
Mr Baseball World

CENTRAL
James Zimmer
lakeviewdave
elpasopesos
Steve Korte

WEST
Kevin Ehle
heekin65
joker329
Chasenally

Go ahead and load your teams. We will begin the Prospect draft on Wednesday. I will have time after my class tomorrow to set it up.

League: Pesos de beisbol Season 1 2018
Password: Chile

fredpaii

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 12:19 pm

I'm in.

fredpaii

PostSun Mar 18, 2018 12:41 pm

viper44 is in.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat