Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Pesos de beisbol league

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 9:09 pm

thisisdan26 wrote:
edub1969 wrote:
STEVEKORTE wrote:I really don't have a strong opinion either way on the supplemental draft, but I guess I'd lean more toward having one than not having one.

Steve

I agree with this...understanding the lateness due to the transition, but my take on the supp draft was the chance to pick up a guy or two for players that had been drafted that "stunk it up" in 2012. Hence "supplemental" draft ;) . I would vote for having one. Understanding some managers may not want to pick up anyone don't see it taking more than a day or two tops.

I understand what you guys are saying, but please do understand that the cream of the crop for the next years cards will be top picks if we hold the Supp draft now, NOT "fill in guys" for the current cards.

Does the Supp draft pool of available players include those currently without a card for this year....as was done in our original draft? I.E.- People could take players such as Adam Wainwright or Lorenzo Cain even though they were uncarded for the current year.

thisisdan26

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 10:58 pm

fredpaii wrote:Does the Supp draft pool of available players include those currently without a card for this year....as was done in our original draft? I.E.- People could take players such as Adam Wainwright or Lorenzo Cain even though they were uncarded for the current year.

Yes - Anyone with ANY MLB experience prior to the start of the 2012 MLB Season is eligible to be drafted in both the Supplemental and FA drafts. Which is why I am saying that holding this Supplemental draft now, will be like holding the Spring FA draft now...doesn't make much sense, and completely screws anyone who has acquired an early round Spring FA pick

JOSEPHKENDALL

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 11:51 pm

I vote no for a supplemental draft now.

thisisdan26

Supplemental Draft Vote

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Here is the voting for whether or not to hold the Supp. Draft now:

Rationale:

The supplemental draft is relatively pointless for the current season being played, since the vast majority of useful players have been drafted already, whether it was in the initial draft or the Spring FA draft. Also, the players being drafted in the Supp. draft are drafted in hopes that they will maintain their current level of performance for the remainder of the year. A normal league usually holds the Supp draft in late June/early July, so there is a decent amount of time for the players drafted to fall apart, as well as new players to emerge post Supp draft and be available for the Spring FA draft.

By us holding our Supp draft right now, we would severely deplete the pool of impact players available for the Spring FA draft. From the looks of it (I am not sure if I am correct since my spread sheet may be dated) there are zero trades that involved the Supp. draft, but there are a few so far that involved early Spring FA picks. Early Spring FA picks obviously hold a much higher value than Supplemental draft picks, so by holding a draft now, it would greatly reduce the value of the FA picks acquired by managers and as a previously stated would "screw" anyone who traded for an early round Spring FA pick.

Yes = YES TO THE SUPP DRAFT
No = NO TO THE SUPP DRAFT

Feel free to edit this list.

Sknsfan -
mbertolli -
KEVINEHLE - NO
fredpaii - YES
elpasopesos
thisisdan26 - NO
viper44 -
JOSEPHKENDALL - NO
jmlopp-
STEVEKORTE - YES
Mr Baseball World -
edub1969 - YES

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 5:14 pm

We appreciate the vote. How about this option?

*We do a two-round Supplemental Draft now........and because it's a combo Supp Draft and early Spring Draft, lets just reduce the Spring Draft by two rounds this one time.

If we do that, then I'm for a Supplemental 2-round draft. This Supplemental/Extreme Early Spring 2-round draft would be pretty interesting. The strategy would be kind of intriguing.

Kev

viper44

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 5:19 pm

i vote no

thisisdan26

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 5:32 pm

KEVINEHLE wrote:We appreciate the vote. How about this option?

*We do a two-round Supplemental Draft now........and because it's a combo Supp Draft and early Spring Draft, lets just reduce the Spring Draft by two rounds this one time.

If we do that, then I'm for a Supplemental 2-round draft. This Supplemental/Extreme Early Spring 2-round draft would be pretty interesting. The strategy would be kind of intriguing.

Kev

That would work in theory. However, there are guys who have traded for early round Spring FA picks...now their acquired 1st round pick would essentially turn into a 3rd round pick.

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 5:47 pm

thisisdan26 wrote:
KEVINEHLE wrote:We appreciate the vote. How about this option?

Kev

That would work in theory. However, there are guys who have traded for early round Spring FA picks...now their acquired 1st round pick would essentially turn into a 3rd round pick.

The trades would still apply. The first two rounds would be the Supplement draft. Round 3 would take place in the spring.

elpasopesos

Re: Supplemental Draft Vote

PostTue Sep 11, 2012 5:54 pm

thisisdan26 wrote:Here is the voting for whether or not to hold the Supp. Draft now:

Rationale:

The supplemental draft is relatively pointless for the current season being played, since the vast majority of useful players have been drafted already, whether it was in the initial draft or the Spring FA draft. Also, the players being drafted in the Supp. draft are drafted in hopes that they will maintain their current level of performance for the remainder of the year. A normal league usually holds the Supp draft in late June/early July, so there is a decent amount of time for the players drafted to fall apart, as well as new players to emerge post Supp draft and be available for the Spring FA draft.

By us holding our Supp draft right now, we would severely deplete the pool of impact players available for the Spring FA draft. From the looks of it (I am not sure if I am correct since my spread sheet may be dated) there are zero trades that involved the Supp. draft, but there are a few so far that involved early Spring FA picks. Early Spring FA picks obviously hold a much higher value than Supplemental draft picks, so by holding a draft now, it would greatly reduce the value of the FA picks acquired by managers and as a previously stated would "screw" anyone who traded for an early round Spring FA pick.

Yes = YES TO THE SUPP DRAFT
No = NO TO THE SUPP DRAFT

Feel free to edit this list.

Sknsfan -
mbertolli -
KEVINEHLE - NO
fredpaii - YES
elpasopesos YES
thisisdan26 - NO
viper44 -
JOSEPHKENDALL - NO
jmlopp-
STEVEKORTE - YES
Mr Baseball World -
edub1969 - YES

jmlopp

PostWed Sep 12, 2012 6:55 pm

HI!

I vote yes. We all saw the rules in advance and many of us have played these rules before.
To change the rules in the middle of a season is not a good idea.

Mike
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat