Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

fredpaii

Re: Pesos de beisbol league

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 1:22 pm

viper , I sent you a trade offer to your PM.

Sknsfan

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey guys.

I'm excited to get started also, but if possible I'd love for us to hold off for one more week before we jump in. I'm on vacation from now through next monday, and my connectivity will be spotty at best.

Heading out to the mountains of North Carolina.

If not, no worries, but thanks much if we can.

Sknsfan

viper44

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 5:55 pm

would anyone be able to send me a rosters list please and thanks

fredpaii

PostMon Sep 03, 2012 11:33 pm

what's your email address?

Send an email to me at fredpaii@yahoo.com with "Pesos de Beisbol" in the subject heading. And I'll forward the roster to you as compiled by Sknsfan.

fredpaii

Trying to send Roster sheet to Viper44

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Can someone help me out please? I'm trying to send the roster sheet to Viper44 and when I hit forward on my email the attached icon disappears. I'm a novice at this tuff and would appreciate some help. A lot!

Thanks

KEVINEHLE

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 pm

I have a copy of the draft that I tracked and kept. It's a little tough to sort based on how I copy and pasted the rounds. Is there an official copy that can be sent around? If not, I would be happy to send my copy to anyone who might want it. Again, not easy to sort, even though it's on an Excel spreadsheet.

Kev

fredpaii

PostTue Sep 04, 2012 9:15 pm

Yeah, could you send that to the email I gave you in your PM box?

thisisdan26

PostSun Sep 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I've been thinking about the best way to work this late supplemental draft into the league without it depleting the draft pool for the Spring FA draft. I think it is best if we do an abbreviated Supplemental draft of 1 Round.

Can someone please email me a copy of the Spreadsheet also? I have a new computer and cannot seem to locate the file on the old comp. Please PM me for my address.

fredpaii

PostSun Sep 09, 2012 9:38 pm

It's a 12 team league. Why abbreviate the Supp draft for a 12 team league? There will be other players available due to both league size and FA cuts.

This also hurts teams that didn't fare so well in the inaugural season. I don't get this one. At least can we vote on it?

thisisdan26

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 8:48 am

fredpaii wrote:It's a 12 team league. Why abbreviate the Supp draft for a 12 team league? There will be other players available due to both league size and FA cuts.

This also hurts teams that didn't fare so well in the inaugural season. I don't get this one. At least can we vote on it?

Let me explain the logic behind this:

I actually think we could totally throw the Supp. draft out if there are not any trade implications that would be affected. I say this because, as it is well known, the Spring FA Draft is THE most important perennial draft in a keeper league because the players that are selected early have a very good chance of making a large impact on a team. Also, the stats on the players being drafted are final, there is no guessing if they are going to finish the season out strong, or fall apart, its set in stone and the cards are available for viewing.

The supplemental draft is relatively pointless for the current season being played, since the vast majority of useful players have been drafted already, whether it was in the initial draft or the Spring FA draft. Also, the players being drafted in the Supp. draft are drafted in hopes that they will maintain their current level of performance for the remainder of the year. A normal league usually holds the Supp draft in late June/early July, so there is a decent amount of time for the players drafted to fall apart, as well as new players to emerge post Supp draft and be available for the Spring FA draft.

By us holding our Supp draft right now, we would severely deplete the pool of impact players available for the Spring FA draft. From the looks of it (I am not sure if I am correct since my spread sheet may be dated) there are zero trades that involved the Supp. draft, but there are a few so far that involved early Spring FA picks. Early Spring FA picks obviously hold a much higher value than Supplemental draft picks, so by holding a draft now, it would greatly reduce the value of the FA picks acquired by managers.

On a side note, I got this idea from Bill (Ninersfan) who is the commish for the NAKL, as well as many other leagues. I don't think Bill has ever made decisions that are biased or not well thought out. However, if there is a large amount of backlash in this league for dropping the Supp draft, I will put it to a vote. Please voice your opinions.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat