Pesos league chat/trade discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

lakeviewdave

Re: Pesos de beisbol league chat

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 4:43 pm

fredpaii wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I believe my example here is incorrect. lol Because after you account for the three added picks - from trades - that puts you at your last pick being a 7th rounder. Now since you traded that 7th rounder your last (10th pick) automatically becomes your 8th round pick. Since your last pick is in the 8th round - and not the 7th round - you only need to add ONE more pick to cover for that 9th round pick you traded. So the correct answer is NOT releasing at least 12 players in this particular example - but 11. Is my correction correct? lmao

8) ***SEE BELOW FOR EXAMPLE***You cannot trade draft choices that you do not own. This means that if you trade a 9th round draft pick, you must release as many players as necessary to ensure that you will have a 9th round pick. For example, you have a 40 man roster, and you have acquired an extra 2nd, 3rd, and 6th round draft picks during the year. You have also traded away a 7th and 9th round draft pick. This means you must release at least 12 players prior to the draft to ensure that you will have a 9th round pick. If you plan to continue drafting beyond Round 9 you will have to release an additional player for each subsequent round. You cannot drop more than 15 players.

It can get complicated real fast. In reading your example, it looks like you added 3 picks, lost 2 picks, I would think 11 picks should do it in this example. Wish there was a way to not have to deal with this every year, but this seems to come up in most leagues and most have same rules as here.

fredpaii

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 5:28 pm

Yes, it can get complicated. lol Appreciate your input, Dave.

Maybe Mr. Baseballworld can also chime in on the above mentioned example from General Rules - #8.

EDIT: If anyone else familiar with - but not in the Pesos de Beisbol league - this "covering process" for traded picks wishes to give their expertise - PLEASE DO!

thanks,

Fred

chasenally

PostTue Dec 05, 2017 9:17 pm

I would think that at the start of the draft you forfeit all picks that you don't have room for? Have been in a few leagues where ROSTER FULL is put in where your draft pick is. Will admit though I don't follow the rules that closely in my other leagues.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

lakeviewdave

PostThu Dec 14, 2017 7:04 am

Updated players available to deal this off-season:

Addison Reed RP
Brandon Belt 1B
Salvador Perez C
Ryon Healy 3B/1B
JA Happ SP
Reynaldo Lopez SP
Joc Pederson CF

Prospects to deal:
Brendan Rodgers SS
Amed Rosario SS
Mickie Moniak OF

Also have 1st FA pick #3 overall and 3 of first 7 (and 6 of first 25) prospect picks to deal from.
Looking for many things at this point.

elpasopesos

PostFri Dec 15, 2017 11:09 am

I need a SS, preferably L or S, that has a 2 or lower rating.

fredpaii

PostWed Dec 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Hey guys, I'm going to detail the process of determining how to cover your traded FA picks by using Chase's transactions this year. I figured y'all would learn better if it was a real team example. And due to the number of trades Chase's team has had it's a good learning opportunity. I'll probably get to it either later tonight or tomorrow some time - barring some other unanticipated event.

fredpaii

PostFri Dec 22, 2017 4:14 am

I'll get started with the cover your traded FA picks later today (Friday). Sorry for the delay.

Maybe not. My energy just isn't there for me of late. A little under the weather I think.

fredpaii

PostFri Jan 19, 2018 8:21 am

Guys, I'm still under the weather. Cold fricken zaps me. Lots of coughing, sneezing, and chills. At least I've lost some weight through it all. Not much of an appetite. :D

When I get sick like this I don't usually like to do anything mentally challenging such as explain how to cover traded picks. Anyways, that's been the reason for the delay on that front.

Fred

elpasopesos

PostWed Jan 24, 2018 9:32 pm

fredpaii wrote:Guys, I'm still under the weather. Cold fricken zaps me. Lots of coughing, sneezing, and chills. At least I've lost some weight through it all. Not much of an appetite. :D

When I get sick like this I don't usually like to do anything mentally challenging such as explain how to cover traded picks. Anyways, that's been the reason for the delay on that front.

Fred

But Fred, I know that because of your deep love for me, you will tell me the error ratings for all my guys..... Thus wull get your mind off your cold.

fredpaii

PostSat Feb 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Are there any doctors out there? I have a weakened immune system. I've had it since I was a kid (I'm about 55 years old) . It doesn't take much for me to get sick at all. The respiratory ailment - and constant congestion - I currently have has been with me for over two months now. If I go outside for any length of time - and get around people - I get sicker. And I live in fricken Palm Springs. The colder weather - than normal - really affects me.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat