Summer - Winter Keeper League - RULE CHANGES?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

willmurr24

Re: Summer - Winter Keeper League

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 8:56 am

sn't the language we want for the rule change, please edit..

Prospect draft eligibility is determined by these two criteria:

1. The player does not have a card in the current SOM unleashed card set.

2. The player has signed a contract with a MLB team that's readily verifiable from authoritative sources before the first pick in the first round of the Prospect Draft has been made.

1. lakeviewdave
2. willmurr24
3. tpiercersn
4. knight1
5, Ninersphan
6. damien666
7. ironwill1
8. kihoover
9. tcochran
10. JMP1
11. denorien - Yes
12. jflatour99

What is the alternative? Is a no vote a vote for that alternative? Please clarify .

Ninersphan

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 9:57 am

willmurr24 wrote:sn't the language we want for the rule change, please edit..

Prospect draft eligibility is determined by these two criteria:

1. The player does not have a card in the current SOM unleashed card set.

2. The player has signed a contract with a MLB team that's readily verifiable from authoritative sources before the first pick in the first round of the Prospect Draft has been made.

1. lakeviewdave
2. willmurr24
3. tpiercersn
4. knight1
5, Ninersphan
6. damien666
7. ironwill1
8. kihoover
9. tcochran
10. JMP1
11. denorien - Yes
12. jflatour99

What is the alternative? Is a no vote a vote for that alternative? Please clarify .

I'd also like to know when this goes into effect. I do not want it for the draft we just finished as I would have picked differently. In other words, even if this passes the Hunter Greene repick needs to happen.

tcochran

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 10:01 am

Rule change proposal was posted because language in rules is vague in re: which date applies for the young ballplayers to be under contract.

When the question arose earlier in this current draft, I opined that Since "that year's draft" and "the prospect draft" are both used in that sentence, I infer that it is the start of the FA draft that would be the effective date required for prospect signing.

Under that interpretation, Hunter Greene, for example, is NOT eligible for this year's prospect draft, since he signed after the start of the FA draft -- and even if the rule is changed for the future, that would not change this current draft, since everybody except ironwill1 passed up Greene after the interpretation was posted.

The proposed change would specify the effective signing date as the start of the prospect draft. Voting "no" on the proposal would mean keeping the start of the FA draft as the effective date (at least until something else is proposed).

tcochran

PostWed Jul 19, 2017 12:15 pm

Rosters updated for end of drafts at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1761613571

Denorien

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 2:15 am

tcochran wrote:Rule change proposal was posted because language in rules is vague in re: which date applies for the young ballplayers to be under contract.

When the question arose earlier in this current draft, I opined that Since "that year's draft" and "the prospect draft" are both used in that sentence, I infer that it is the start of the FA draft that would be the effective date required for prospect signing.

Under that interpretation, Hunter Greene, for example, is NOT eligible for this year's prospect draft, since he signed after the start of the FA draft -- and even if the rule is changed for the future, that would not change this current draft, since everybody except ironwill1 passed up Greene after the interpretation was posted.

The proposed change would specify the effective signing date as the start of the prospect draft. Voting "no" on the proposal would mean keeping the start of the FA draft as the effective date (at least until something else is proposed).

Terry's got it. We're just trying to clear up the prospect eligibility signed by date cut off.

Yes - no proposals are the best because they're simple. Majority Yes = rule change as voted upon. Otherwise, no change.

If we want slightly different wording, we should vote this one down (or abandon it which amounts to the same thing) and post a new vote with the wording we really want.

This proposal clears up an issue like Hunter Greene. But, it's still problematic. We'll be explaining it every year to new managers and managers who play in multiple leagues at other times of the year.

Did everyone follow that? Someone else may need to explain it better than I. As complex as the rule change seems to make things, leaving it unchanged with the FA draft start date cutoff is worse because it is before the MLB amateur draft signing deadline and Hunter Greene misunderstandings will continue to be possible.

Denorien

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:36 pm

tcochran wrote:Rosters updated for end of drafts at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1761613571

Terry, a minor tweak. Mark Reynolds on Liverpool should be listed with the position players.

tcochran

PostThu Jul 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Denorien wrote:
tcochran wrote:Rosters updated for end of drafts at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1761613571

Terry, a minor tweak. Mark Reynolds on Liverpool should be listed with the position players.

Got it, thanks!

tcochran

PostFri Aug 04, 2017 9:06 pm

Much like my poor 2017 Tigers, I had hoped that the 2016 Maxwell's Silver Hammer team would have one more great run in the gas tank before they hit that rebuilding threshold. Unfortunately, that was not to be!

For those aiming for the playoffs in this and the winter season, I have some prime talent available. They all appear to be going downhill in the 2017 MLB season, but they can be stars for you in a couple of SWKL playoff turns:
$8.04 - Miguel Cabrera
$7.80 - Ian Kinsler
$6.28 - Johnny Cueto
$6.15 - J.A. Happ
$5.76 - Carlos Santana
$5.33 - Chris Davis
$5.00 - Marco Estrada

Unlike the Tigers, who traded J.D. Martinez for 1 prospect and 2 parking tokens, I would actually like to receive a few guys with future potential. No reasonable offer refused!

tcochran

PostSun Aug 06, 2017 4:39 pm

Copied from league chat:

West Island trade Gennett and Gallo to Maxwell's Silver Hammer for Cueto Terry to confirm

Confirmed

tcochran

PostSun Aug 06, 2017 4:49 pm

Silver Hammer release MIguel Rojas, to get back to 40
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat