Re: 2010 Keeper League Chat Thread

PostSat May 23, 2020 4:54 pm

Rant sends

3rd Round Prospect (Dave's)
Oscar Mercado

For

Tim's 1st Round Prospect Pick

Tim to confirm.

I confirm this trade. Kevin Pillar, Cf is released due to this trade.

Tim K

timklucinec

PostSun May 24, 2020 5:21 pm

The Trade between Rant & Tim K has been updated in our Master Files/Rosters.

Tim K

timklucinec

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 1:38 pm

Hi Guys,
I apologize for no correspondence. We've been without power since Wednesday due to severe thunderstorms. We finally just got power. In some of my other leagues who have finished their 1st Season, they have voted to postpone the Supplemental Draft & Secon Season until the MLB resumes. Please let me know your thoughts.

Also Congrats to Lakeviewdave, JMP1, Aray & Frank on making the playoffs. Congrats to Daven with the most Wins - 108,
Congrats to JMP1 with 101 Wins.

Stay safe & well.

Tim K

Rant

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 3:58 pm

As we look forward to our second season, let's talk about what the altered baseball landscape will impact us. I like the approach taken in another league, so I'll steal some language to put something out there:

We should know within the next couple weeks if MLB is going to have a season;

A) If a season does take place, we will have our supplemental draft a little before the halfway point of however many games they play. This will allow teams to maybe still make some meaningful supplemental picks. This will also push our start date for season 2 likely to the beginning of August or a little later depending on the amount of games in the schedule. All other processes will stay as they are.

B) If the MLB season is cancelled we will still conduct our supplemental draft, with all trades pushed forward to next year, just in case teams want to make some minor tweaks to their rosters. The draft will be shortly after the MLB decision, we will then start our Season 2, likely towards the end of June.

No free agent draft will take place next year. All trades push forward one year.

We can vote if we wan to have a prospect draft with the prospect roster cap taken off for the year. If there is a prospect draft, all trades will be actualized. If not, they move forward one year.

We can discuss whether we want to play a modified season next year with the same or different rules, in the case there is no new card set.

timklucinec

PostSat Jun 06, 2020 5:00 pm

Thank you Grant.

Tim K

timklucinec

PostSun Jun 14, 2020 3:07 am

Fellas,

Congrats to Lakeviewdave & Terry101 for making the Finals in the league. Terry has jumped out to a 2-0 lead. Good luck
guys!!

Let's get those thoughts in about Rant's proposals for our Supplemental Draft & 2nd Season start.

Stay safe & well.

Tim

evanthomas

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 am

I like the proposal on how we would proceed. I'm not optimistic about a season this year, but I guess it is possible. Doesn't look like either side cares about a future for the sport. Will have impact on prospects with no minor league season, either.

drew6013

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 5:57 pm

My vote would be to push pause and see what the MLB does and make the decision from there. Rant proposals seem reasonable enough.

Having no baseball sucks. Get it together MLB.

timklucinec

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 12:39 pm

Hi Guys,

Congrats to JMP! on winning our Season 1 League Title. He defeated Lakeviewdave in 6 Games. Kudos to Dave in finishing Runner-Up in the Finals. Jay's Keepers took a commanding lead in the Series 3-0. But Dave' Blue Devils came roaring back winning the next 2 games in sizeable fashion! In Game 6, it was a dog fight. The lead changed 5 times, but in the Top of the 7th, Moncada, DH knocked in the winning run as it proved to be with the help of Rendon, 3B & Bell,1B keeping the inning alive after 2 outs. Jay's Bull Pen was dominant with Will Smith & Ken Giles combining to shut down Dave's team to preserve the Win and the League Title. Mitch Garver, C for Dave's Blue Devils hit 2 HRs. Josh Bell, 1B went 3 for 4 with 4 RBIs and a HR. along with Tony Rendon having 2 RBIs as well for the Champion Keepers. It was a great series!

Please keep those thoughts coming about the Supplemental Draft & the Start of Season 2.
Stay safe and well.

Tim K

timklucinec

PostThu Jun 25, 2020 12:18 am

Hi Guys,
Hope all is well. Looks like MLB is back with a 60 game season & some added rules. So, with that coming into place, we will
hold our Supplemental Draft when the MLB Season starts. That way we all can see who all made the expanded rosters & make selections accordingly. Then we'll start the 2nd Season after the Supplemental Draft.
Stay safe & stay well.

Tim K
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat