NAKL Chat 3.0

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nythawk129921

Re: NAKL Chat 3.0

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 2:44 pm

Ninersphan wrote:
Roscodog wrote:
Jerlins wrote:Thanks everyone for the rapid pace of the draft. Last year it took 11 days, this year only 8. Though it's been mentioned before, thanks as well to Mysapo, Ghost, and Smitty for taking over for the 3 managers who left. Welcome!!

And of course, a special thank you to SOM, for not including Brandon Woodruff and his 11 start, 67 innings pitched in the standard set. Totally messed up my team, my draft, and my season. No clue what they were thinking

And Degrom should have got an unleashed card too.

Hear Hear!! 1 more freaking inning.

I have Skubal in 5 leashed leagues

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 3:06 pm

nythawk129921 wrote:
Ninersphan wrote:
Roscodog wrote:

And Degrom should have got an unleashed card too.

Hear Hear!! 1 more freaking inning.

I have Skubal in 5 leashed leagues

I’m not going to get up in my soapbox except to say I’ve hated the idea of the unleashed concept and the withholding of fluke cards since day one.

Jerlins

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 3:50 pm

I'm still of the opinion that keeper leagues should be standard, unleashed for auto leagues. I just don't want to see a team built over the years with forward thinking, lose out to a team consisting of Ryan Pepiot, Ernie Clement, and Davis Schneider.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm

Jerlins wrote:I'm still of the opinion that keeper leagues should be standard, unleashed for auto leagues. I just don't want to see a team built over the years with forward thinking, lose out to a team consisting of Ryan Pepiot, Ernie Clement, and Davis Schneider.

It never works out that they end up in one team so that’s a fallacy. I've run the Unleashed keep league for at least 12 years and never once has a team just loaded up on unleashed players and won a championship. Sorry Jerry, but that idea is ludicrous. There aren't enough unleashed players in a given year to make up even the majority of a team. And as I say every time this argument comes up, why do guys get so bent out of shape that a great card that didn't lead a leader board in the MLB can do it in a game that only features 12 teams, allows relief pitchers to throw 200 innings and hitters and pitchers surpass their actual usage?? Yeah that's REALISTIC. :roll:

You can't make an argument that the Unleashed card is "unrealistic" when the whole premise of this game is unrealistic. It's illogical and makes no sense. :roll:

You got me up on my soapbox. I'll step down now.

the ghost of roger maris

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 4:35 pm

I wanted to take a nap...

but I am too afraid that there might be someone wrong on the intertubes.....
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

Muck

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 4:37 pm

Jerlins wrote:I'm still of the opinion that keeper leagues should be standard, unleashed for auto leagues. I just don't want to see a team built over the years with forward thinking, lose out to a team consisting of Ryan Pepiot, Ernie Clement, and Davis Schneider.

I agree, I prefer the leashed, but I have a couple teams in unleashed leagues for a little variety.

Jerlins

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 5:08 pm

Muck wrote:

I agree, I prefer the leashed, but I have a couple teams in unleashed leagues for a little variety.

I'm in a few unleashed as well, so it's not like I am totally against such leagues. I may just take advantage in one of them, already having Woodruff, Dustin May, and the 2nd pick in the draft.

Ninersphan

PostTue Apr 09, 2024 5:42 pm

League is set up:

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/member/acceptinvite/DBGDY

I'll edit divisions after everyone is loaded

Player Set: 2023 season
Skill Level: Advanced
Draft type: Auto List Draft
Salary Cap: $999,000,000
Salary Floor: none
FA Drop Penalty: 5% [?]DH Rule: yes
Waivers: NO - FRENZY as soon as draft is run
Super-Advanced Injuries: off (?)
Postseason Format: 2 rounds: Best-of-7, Best-of-7
Opening Day: 3 days after draft
Managers may own multiple teams: no

I have my weekly Tuesday commitment tonight. Will be offline, more or less, until 9pm.

Ninersphan

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 8:17 am

Need Keith and Rick to load their teams.

Roscodog

PostWed Apr 10, 2024 4:17 pm

Apologies for the delay in making my pick.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat