bigmahon hanging up his virtual spikes

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

bigmahon hanging up his virtual spikes

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 11:39 am

Dear friends and friendly adversaries,

Some of you are aware that I encountered some health difficulties this year, the most significant of which was the partial loss of vision in one of my eyes. I'm sorry to say that the situation is getting worse for me, and sadly I feel that I must give up this digital game that I have played and loved for over 20 years. It's simply too difficult for me to manage, and I've let many of you in my numerous keeper leagues down too much already. I thought my eyesight would improve, but it hasn't.

I wish you all nothing but the best in all that you do. Enjoy life, enjoy this game and enjoy each other. I'll miss you all.

Chris / bigmahon

Paul_Long71

Re: bigmahon hanging up his virtual spikes

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 11:41 am

sorry to hear that news Chris. I hope that the vision decline changes for you and starts to improve. all my best.

ironwill1

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 11:56 am

I hope the vision improves Chris. The Strat community will miss you! Me too!

tcochran

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 12:06 pm

Sorry to hear that, Chris. Thanks for joining in all the fun over the years!

Roscodog

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 12:41 pm

Saddened to hear about your health and leaving strat.
Wishing you the best in the future.

RandyW64

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 1:14 pm

Chris,
We have not ever played together I don't think, but I took over your really really great team in the USKL 2 league. You will be happy to know I am carrying on your powerhouse, and doing well.

Also, as a tip of the cap thanks, the team is the "Mahonians" and I think as long as I am running the squad, we will keep the name. https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/467045

Hope things get better for you. Well wishes and prayers to you!
Randy

MEAT

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 1:31 pm

There's Big, as in BigMahon, and then there's HUGE in the loss of you, Chris, in our strat community. Irreplaceable. I've been and am in countless leagues with you, and you've always been a pillar of why we spend so much time and $$ on this hobby, as your note reflects. You will be sadly and deeply missed, but I fully understand and wish only for brighter days on your vision front. Our Strat rivalry was fairly one sided in your favor, but I will miss it dearly. One of the ultimate measuring sticks was how my teams did against the various "Diamond Kings"
A badge of honor on rare occassions getting the better of you. All HAIL to the DIAMOND KING

dharmabums

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 2:20 pm

Chris, I'll miss you in the leagues, but I hope that your health issues get turned around soon.

Hamilton17

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 3:31 pm

Chris, you've been a great competitor in all our mutual leagues. I'm really sorry about your health struggles. Wishing you all the best in future.

Ninersphan

PostFri Dec 01, 2023 3:45 pm

Chris,

You have to do what's best for you obviously. I wish you nothing but the best for your health and happiness. It's been a pleasure competing against you all these many years. Happy holidays and don't be a stranger!
Next

Return to Individual League Chat