To my strat family

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

nythawk129921

To my strat family

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 6:38 am

First, I would like to apologize for my lengthy absences over the last several months. Believe me it was not my intent. I have been with strat since the beginning. It has always been my release from the real world.
As some of you may know I lost my wife of 34 years very suddenly a few months ago. Without going into much detail we took her to the hospital because she wasnt feeling well and 6 weeks later she was gone from us. There is no worse feeling of helplessness hearing the Dr tell you she might have a week to live, then sitting there by her bedside in hospice care day in and day out, while seeing waiting for her to take her final breath. I wish that on no one. She was the rock of our entire family.
Anyway, after her funeral, I tried to get back to "normal' but unfortunately it wasnt working. I lost a lot of weight( for someone who has never been over 180 LBS), started to get dehydrated and suffered from fatigue. I that point I knew it was time to gather our 3 boys and get away from everything and try to recharge, shed a few cheers, re-live all the good times and the 4 of us decide it was time for us to live the lives that she would be proud of.
For everyone that reached out with kind works, I sincerely appreciate every one of you. Means everything to me. For the leagues that are waiting for my return, thank you for understanding. Any leagues that have replaced me- no hard feelings.
We will be back home this weekend and I will be back on the boards again by Monday. Again thank you for understanding and all the kind words. Love you always my darling Lorelei.
David aka hawk

fredpaii

Re: To my strat family

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 9:32 am

I've never been through anything like what you described here. Holy shit, this has to be a time of just being still for you. Now I get it. Very, very powerful.

Thank you, you have no idea how much I appreciate your opening up to us. So powerful.

I just want to give you hugs...spiritual hugs.

edub1969

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 9:38 am

My family and I send our sincere condolences Hawk to you and the family. Losing a loved one will never be easy especially when it’s your spouse. We’re ready for you whenever you feel you’re ready.

tcochran

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 10:24 am

So sorry to hear of your loss Hawk. I expect you have a bunch of old-timers standing by now, ready to help in any way we can.

Palmtana

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 10:38 am

There's nothing worse than losing a loved one but just like your boys are there to support you, David, your SOM family will always be here too. Welcome back. (I'll sticky this for the day so managers know you're here.)

Semper Gumby

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 12:24 pm

From your former NLD league guys

I don't think I know anyone longer than 30 years(besides parents and sibs) - that's an incredible run with her.

My thoughts are with you and know you'll back at the top of the lineup card soon enough

JP

jflatour99

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 3:50 pm

So sorry to hear that man ! My thoughts are with you. Thanks for opening your heart to your Strat family.

My condolences

Paul_Long71

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 6:59 pm

Struck me to the core. I myself have a "Lorelei" and 3 boys so I was able to imagine exactly what it would be like if I lost my wife. I feel for you brother and wish you and the boys nothing but good thoughts and remembering great times. Will be happy to have you back when you are ready.

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 7:46 pm

I am at a loss for words. Love you brother.

blsmith7

PostFri Aug 25, 2023 9:27 pm

Hawk - thank you for opening up about your loss, and your journey of re-discovery with your boys. It is another reminder that life is precious and this game we play and connect on is secondary, but also valuable in our lives as an escape and a respite from real life. It has been a pleasure playing alongside/against you in so many leagues (I think we are in 6 keepers together). I am so sorry for your loss. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers...and I am thankful that you will continue to be a huge part of our SOM fraternity when you are ready to resume.
Next

Return to Individual League Chat