• Author

tcochran

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 6 - LOADING TEAMS

PostThu Feb 22, 2024 1:55 pm

All teams are loaded and Strat draft will run tonight

tcochran

PostThu Feb 22, 2024 3:44 pm

Rosters updated for team names and division URLs at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1472972496

Note: None of the "single-season RPs" (ringers from season 5) were selected in the season 6 draft, so that will no longer need to be a feature of the league going forward.

tcochran

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 12:38 am

Strat draft is done, and a review of the rosters is startling:
- 8 teams at the cap
- 7 teams at 5-10 mil under the cap
- 3 teams at 20 mil under the cap

A very challenging draft will likely lead to a very interesting season:
- Only 1 team in Champions Div is at the cap; will be embarrassing if they don't win
- 5 teams in AAA are at the cap, and 1 of them will be relegated
- 2 teams in AA are at the cap; as above, embarrassing if they don't get promoted

Both of my teams are at the $100 mil level
- The only 1 in AAA that's not at the cap, and
- 1 of the 3 at the bottom of AA

For those of us not at the cap, it's time to manage the hell out of our teams, and see if we can beat the $$$ rankings!

Sknsfan

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 6

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 2:47 pm

The good news for those of us in the Champions league is that unless chilliards runs away with it as expected it will be an interesting season. All three that are 20 mil under reside there as well as an 11 mil and 9 mil under.

But even my team with the 2nd highest salary will struggle mightily unless Willie Wells takes advantage of the new stadium to really crank up his production.

I'd expect the Bullet Bashers to run away with it like JF did last season, but I know all too well the anger of the Strat-Gods when one's hubris is not reined in.

Good luck to everyone.

At least I've got Joe Cool holding down 1b for me!

Wait... what? Joe KUHEL? Who in the world is that?

Sknsfan

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 2:53 pm

Just looked him up.

I get that SOM needs to even out the cards with some lower level players, but any way I can swap this 1935 season for his 1936 season where he came in 6th in MVP voting?

That would help.

8-)

jflatour99

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 4:04 pm

Sknsfan wrote:Just looked him up.

I get that SOM needs to even out the cards with some lower level players, but any way I can swap this 1935 season for his 1936 season where he came in 6th in MVP voting?

That would help.

8-)

:lol:

jflatour99

PostFri Feb 23, 2024 4:21 pm

Billy Pierce SP (good for 3 seasons) is available.

Looking for: 1B, 2B, RP

The Turtle

PostSat Feb 24, 2024 1:45 am

OK small issue, the draft gave me Fritz Ostermueller. Why? Because I thought I had Al Benton, not Larry Benton. Larry Benton is not in this set. He retired. I would just drop Fritz and play at but the engine won't let me. Should I scour what's left for another draft pick or can the commish drop him for me? I dunno. Sorry, this was Spider's team so I just did not know the team as well.

chilliards

PostSat Feb 24, 2024 2:05 am

Sknsfan wrote:The good news for those of us in the Champions league is that unless chilliards runs away with it as expected it will be an interesting season. All three that are 20 mil under reside there as well as an 11 mil and 9 mil under.

But even my team with the 2nd highest salary will struggle mightily unless Willie Wells takes advantage of the new stadium to really crank up his production.

I'd expect the Bullet Bashers to run away with it like JF did last season, but I know all too well the anger of the Strat-Gods when one's hubris is not reined in.

Good luck to everyone.

At least I've got Joe Cool holding down 1b for me!

Wait... what? Joe KUHEL? Who in the world is that?

I feel pressured now...lol....and I don't have high expectations.....I have fashioned all my team names in this after disasters that have happened in same era :lol:

tcochran

PostSat Feb 24, 2024 10:32 am

The Turtle wrote:OK small issue, the draft gave me Fritz Ostermueller. Why? Because I thought I had Al Benton, not Larry Benton. Larry Benton is not in this set. He retired. I would just drop Fritz and play at but the engine won't let me. Should I scour what's left for another draft pick or can the commish drop him for me? I dunno. Sorry, this was Spider's team so I just did not know the team as well.

Yes, drop Ostermueller and select a final draft pick to replace him.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat