Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 7 - DRAFTING

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Sknsfan

Re: Ted Lasso ATG League - Season 6

PostTue Apr 16, 2024 7:12 pm

Was doing some quick peeks at the upcoming season...

Draft should feel better overall, but after the first round its ALOT of mid-level players.

top 34 Hitters available in the draft - only 10 actual players.

A little better spread through the available pitchers - top 15 and 11 players

Also - it looks like I'm going to have two teams in the Champions League next season. If any of the other low-down, dirty, rotten, two-teamers is in a similar situation - feel free to poke me about a potential swap if you're interested.

tcochran

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 am

Congrats to our season 6 title winners:

- In a very competitive Champions division, chilliards won the title with 89 wins -- an amazing 3rd straight title, at AA, AAA, and now Champs!
- In AAA, Sknsfan took the league lead before mid-season and won it all with 94 wins, for his first title with Over The Tops
- In AA, The Turtle won a hard-fought pennant race, winning each of the last 5 series on the season and finishing at 91 wins in his first season with the Spiders
- Overall, run totals are starting to decline, at an average of 881 per team, down 4% from season 5

In individual performances, Josh Gibson and Hal Newhouser were the shining stars...

BA Josh Gibson .411 *
SLG Josh Gibson .925 *
OBP Josh Gibson .478
OPS Josh Gibson 1.403 *

H Jimmie Foxx 257
2B George Kell 60
3B Joe Vosmik 27
HR Jimmie Foxx 79
R Jimmie Foxx 193
RBI Josh Gibson 227 *
SB Wild Bill Wright 29

W Hal Newhouser 28
ERA** Mort Cooper 3.04
CG Hal Newhouser 34
SV Tommy Bridges 46
K Hal Newhouser 337 *

* League records
** For qualified SPs

At the opposite end of the spectrum, consolation prizes -- i.e., chances to win the draft lottery -- go to:
- unctarheel
- Spider 67/Black Bears
- jodynadu
- tcochran/Trolley Dodgers

Sknsfan

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 11:42 am

Sknsfan wrote:Also - it looks like I'm going to have two teams in the Champions League next season. If any of the other low-down, dirty, rotten, two-teamers is in a similar situation - feel free to poke me about a potential swap if you're interested.

It's true - I've got two in the champions league.

Already had someone reach out about a swap, but want to make sure there are no other players in the same boat, so we can keep searches for new managers to a minimum.

Undecided, but leaning towards keeping the Twisted Arms.

tcochran

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 11:46 am

Sknsfan wrote:Was doing some quick peeks at the upcoming season...

Draft should feel better overall, but after the first round its ALOT of mid-level players.

Also - it looks like I'm going to have two teams in the Champions League next season. If any of the other low-down, dirty, rotten, two-teamers is in a similar situation - feel free to poke me about a potential swap if you're interested.

You deserve to have two teams in the Champs Div, just like I deserve to have two teams in AA. I'd be happy to trade either of my bottom-dwellers for one of your high-flyers.

jflatour99

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 am

Good idea if you can both arrange that between you.

I'm open to a swap if needed.

Sknsfan

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 12:16 pm

tcochran wrote:
Sknsfan wrote:Was doing some quick peeks at the upcoming season...

You deserve to have two teams in the Champs Div, just like I deserve to have two teams in AA. I'd be happy to trade either of my bottom-dwellers for one of your high-flyers.

In truth. both of my teams would benefit from season or two in AA right now.

I'll send you a breakdown of my teams.

Sknsfan

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:13 pm

Terry,

Sent you a google doc with where the draft looks at the end of season 6 (pre drops for the season 7 draft).

Also sent a follow up with some thoughts on the swap.

Sknsfan

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:29 pm

Terry and I will be swapping teams as follows:

Terry will take over for the Over The Tops

I'll be taking over for the Metropolitans.

tcochran

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Sknsfan wrote:Terry and I will be swapping teams as follows:

Terry will take over for the Over The Tops

I'll be taking over for the Metropolitans.

Confirmed

Sknsfan

PostThu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 pm

AP - New York

The New York Metropolitans announced today the transfer of team ownership to the D.C. Vertigo Capital Investing Group led by Warren Ellis.

Ellis had this to say, "We are very happy to have acquired a team that we believe has a real shot at being a dark horse candidate and pulling them selves back up into the higher divisions quickly. Along with some of the expected personnel shifting, we believe a nice simple rebranding will help fire up our players and our fan base. So we are happy to announce the changing of our team name from The New York Metropolitans to The City* T-Metropolitans. But don't worry, fan favorites like Satchel and Enos will still be front and center for us, and we're sure you'll love the new team uniforms, which will go on sale this afternoon."

New T-Metropolitans manager Spider Jerusalem was a little less enthusiastic about being tasked with what some may consider a gargantuan endeavor. When asked about his thoughts on the upcoming season he replied, "That $#!+head said what?! Get this team out of the cellar?! How in the world am I supposed to do that with this bunch of ^&(*)!#@ lollygaggers! %$@*! %$@*! Get that mic out of my face! Get your butt out of my ^&(*)!#@ stadium!" after which he knocked this reporter to ground.

Well Mets fans, or should I say T-Mets fans, It may be a long season, but it looks like it will at least be a colorful one.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat