NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

RandyW64

Re: NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 8:18 pm

You guys are all ignoring the "real" race in our league --- who is racing towards the bottom for first draft choice! Dale is holding fast, but only 3 games better (worse?) than Hawk and I. I managed to take 2/3 from Jeep last night, so decreased my chances -- same with Hawk.

I am looking at 3 straight 4th place finishes! Yikes this is a tough league -- and adding Steve to our league didn't help me much. Seems he caught on much faster than I have!

Best of luck to those of you in the playoff hunt! I will do what I can to play spoiler the last 6 games.

R

joethejet

PostSat Dec 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Holy Cow. As predicted it's coming down to the final series in every division. The only two teams that are in the race that actually play each other are Jeep and Steve. This means there is even *more* craziness that can happen.

The Central and West both have ties for first.

JTJ and Semper do not play each other JTJ has the tie breaker and is rooting for Hawk in a big way tonight! ;) but the Diamond Dogs control their own destiny. They have to match whatever the Hurricanes do.

In the west Spider plays Miller and Big A plays Stones. They are 12-12 against each other so I think it comes down to run dif which is close.

Klx has a magic # of 1 in the West so Jeep will need to sweep to finish first. He holds the tiebreaker over klx

WC is also crazy

Code: Select all
WC
Semper         --
Jeep..          -1
Spider/Big A -1
Stevep         -2

Note that JTJ, nominally in first due to tiebreakers, has 86 wins like Semper and KLX (88 wins) could get swept, fall out of first and STILL make the WC.

This is off the charts wild. Gotta be the craziest finish ever.

BigAlric

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 2:51 am

After a long time being #1 in the division we got thrown out of the playoffs on the last day .... :cry: :cry: right now we HATE this game, we hate you all ..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

klx22

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 12:02 pm

BigAlric wrote:After a long time being #1 in the division we got thrown out of the playoffs on the last day .... :cry: :cry: right now we HATE this game, we hate you all ..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I feel your pain Big A! What a crazy finish!

joethejet

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 4:44 pm

BigAlric wrote:After a long time being #1 in the division we got thrown out of the playoffs on the last day .... :cry: :cry: right now we HATE this game, we hate you all ..... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Brutal way to finish for sure Big A. 2-8 with five straight losses to finish. Looks like you were in first from Game 98 to game 160. Ouch.

Semper must feel similarly. I think we were in first all alone for 2 nights all year. After game 156 and game 162. Injuries hurt him down the stretch for sure.

In the West, Jeep held on for the WC. Must have the tie breaker with Semper. KLX who had the best home record in the league has the HF advantage as long as they last. Of course, they also have the second worst road record so there's that.

Took a look at the awards. Something is wrong with their voting calcs. Suarez went 15-7 and led the league in ERA and didn't get a single Cy Young vote????? :?: :?: :?: :?: :? :?

Definitely happy to have survived that gauntlet of close records! Wow. Seven teams with 85 wins or more.

Spider 67

PostSun Dec 04, 2022 5:14 pm

Whew! I was fortunate to slip ahead of BigA on the final - thanks to a sweep by Stoney. My guys went 9-3 in the last 4 series, including five 1-run wins. Can't ask for better luck than that. :shock:

joethejet

PostMon Dec 05, 2022 3:07 pm

While we're waiting for the PO to start, here's a shot of the Rudy Pemberton card.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XF40mQOObjk/YTTTGoecOOI/AAAAAAAABM8/Nr66W-LyJm0pxau9J17g18xs4B-doEcYACLcBGAsYHQ/s603/pemberton.jpg

Who's Rudy Pemberton? Well, he hit .512 in 45 PA in 1996 for the Red Sox. Decent card eh? I wonder what he'd hit for 162 games in one of our leagues. The card has around a .710 OB and BA on it.

milleram

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 2:46 am

What does the back-side of that card look like??

Great basic card.

joethejet

PostTue Dec 06, 2022 1:17 pm

milleram wrote:What does the back-side of that card look like??

Great basic card.

Yeah, not sure. They didn't post a pic of the split side. I do know that he hit .600 v RHP with an 867 slugging so there's that.

He *only* hit .462 v lhp. LOL ;)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=pemberu01&year=1996&t=b

joethejet

PostWed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 pm

Well, managed to beat Urias which is a requirement when deGrom is on deck. We didn't do anything against him 3 hits in 8 ip. Heading to his place. Hopefully we can get a win or two there. Going to be hard to steal one from deGrom.

Swingers win two one run games at home. He's really good at home, but not as much on the road. Spider will have to hold serve at home and hope to sneak one on the road.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat