NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

klx22

Re: NLD 61 - The Asterisk Season

PostThu Nov 24, 2022 4:33 pm

joethejet wrote:Ouch, Kirk went down for 15 (13 remaining now). I'm facing 6 LHSP in the next 13 (out of 30 remaining). May have to make a move.

A game out of the WC and 3 behind Semper. Injuries are never good. This team hasn't had a lot of luck in that area. :(

Happy Thanksgiving to the NLD!!!! 8-) 8-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Happy Thanksgiving!

joethejet

PostSat Nov 26, 2022 12:52 pm

Wow, we have SEVEN teams with 71 to 76 wins. That's crazy.

klx22

PostSun Nov 27, 2022 6:13 am

joethejet wrote:Wow, we have SEVEN teams with 71 to 76 wins. That's crazy.

Tough league!

joethejet

PostTue Nov 29, 2022 2:10 pm

got lucky to win 2 against a banged up Semper squad last night at home. Really need to sweep. Still a game out of first and the WC. Starting a 9 game roadie through the division before coming home for the last six. The next 9 are going to be crucial for us as we've been much better at home than on the road.

Nothing is decided in any of the divisions or the WC. Gonna come down the last night I have a feeling.

Spider 67

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 9:34 am

My playoff chances are looking grim - lost Realmuto for 8 and Urias for 5 in game 149. I need some guys to step up! :(

joethejet

PostWed Nov 30, 2022 2:54 pm

Injuries are hurting us too spidey. Just lost Edman. This team is just one of those injury ridden teams. The numbers say we shouldn't be fourth in the league in injury games, but there it is. Just lost Edman for 3. my calcs have as a team that should have one of the fewest of any team. Ugh.

Oh and we SUCK in one run games, -9. At least we're not -12 like Randal. Still a -7 win pythag tells you a lot about this team.

We must be getting lucky elsewhere to be only a game out of first. Of course, it helps that Semper is -8 in one runners! He also lost Gurriel for the rest of the season and Wong for a couple more. Final series with him tonight in his place. Would be great to take 2, but absolutely have to have one.

joethejet

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 1:53 pm

Snuck two against Semper and actually won a one run game!

Dead heat in the Central. We have the tiebreaker if it comes to that.

We've got six of my last nine against Dale and I've gone 9-9 against him so far. My worst divisional record. Hoping to finish above .500 against him.

Three team race in the East, two in the West.

Meanwhile the WC race looks like this:

Code: Select all
Jeep..  --
Semper  -1
Spider  -3
Stevep  -3

Come on Randal! We need you to beat Jeep and Steve!

RandyW64

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 3:32 pm

Apparently my team decided the "stretch run" meant stretch and run away!!
I can't beat anyone right now!! Urgh!

joethejet

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 1:52 pm

Randal you won 2! :) Nice going! Keep it up1

The races remain incredibly tight with six to go. Only 4 games separate 7 teams, 2 separate six, and five teams are within one game of each other. Not sure I've ever seen this many teams this close with six to play!

East
klx is up 2 on Jeep with Steve 4 back. With six to play, Four is tough to make up on two teams, but Steve has been very good at home and has won 8 of 9.

Central
JTJ is in first alone for the first time all season. Semper has struggled down the stretch and is missing Marte and Gurriel for the last two series. Still he's only a game back so anything can happen.

West
Big A is 1 up on Spider. They play each other tonight with first on the line. Currently Big A is 1 up in the tiebreaker.

WC
Jeep.. --
Semper -1
Spider -1
Stevep -2

(Note that jtj and Big A also have 84 wins like Jeep so the WC is definitely WILD)

Crazy.

Spider 67

PostFri Dec 02, 2022 7:01 pm

Really got lucky last night against Stones - won all three, two in xinnings. Hop that PO'd Stoney enough to takeit out on BigA in the final games. I still need to top BigA and then hope milleram has mercy on me in the last three. This is a CRAZY final six for the whole league. I don't think anyone has a "lock" on finals, yet.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat