NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

PostTue Aug 23, 2022 4:10 pm

ok, park-by-park comparison. The ratings I gave before will give you an idea of what your team rates in all the parks you play in (81 at home, 12 v division, etc) but it doesn't really tell the whole story. You don't play in your average park, you play against A team in A park. The numbers below look at team v team numbers in each park. You get + 1 if you're better, -1 if you're worse and 0 if it's too close to call. These numbers are *not* adjusted for divisions.

Code: Select all
Team…   Adv
stoney   20
semper   12
spider   9
miller   8
JTJ...   6
stevep   4
jeep..   -1
randal   -2
klx...   -10
hawk..   -12
big a.   -12
dale..   -22

So this partially explains why, even though I've been unlucky and don't rate well, I'm not completely stinking it up.

Can't really explain why Stoney hasn't done better. He *was* however, fairly high on the unlucky scale. He *does* have the best run dif in the league however.

It also helps explain why Semper is hanging in there with milleram.

I forgot to add, earlier, how the ratings would see the races. I'll do that now.

Ratings Say
East - Stoney should run away with this with the other three in the race. Adding in the parks, Hawk and KLX would be expected to be farther back.

Central - Steve would be the favorite. Big A and Randal not so much (although Randal's park ratings would keep him close) and Dale far, far back.

West - Miller picked to win, but Jeep and Semper hanging in there, especially with Semp's park numbers. JTJ's rating isn't high enough to be a factor but with some luck could be in the WC due to the park numbers

WC - Jeep, Spider, Semper would be the favorites here, but really only Dale is completely devoid of hope.

Reality
East - Spider, Hawk and Stoney are in a four team race with high run difs. So, not too far off. Biggest surprises here are Stoney's bad luck and Hawk's over coming the park comparison. Ratings would say that Stones will come on strong down the stretch.

Central - It's a four team race with none of them doing all that well. All under .500. Dale is shockingly still in the race (mostly because he kicked Klx, Jeep and JTJ's butt: 23-10) Given Steve's park ratio (the only division park that causes him trouble is Chase) and rating ratings expect Steve to finish strong.

West - Miller is in first as expected, Semp in second. Jeep would be expected to be better and JTJ should be closer to .500 both on the fringes of the WC race.

WC - Hawk is 3 up on stones, 4 on Semp.

joethejet

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 12:03 am

So, that's weird...

The ratings say that Stoney and Miller are the best teams and they make moves!?! :? :? :shock:

You guys want to explain that???

milleram

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 3:45 am

I think Stoney's move was obvious--and I can't explain my move :?

Stoney18

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 6:35 am

In a WC fight and Contreras went down for 15. Felt having Rogers over Perez for those games helps my chances to get to the playoffs even if I'm a little weaker if I get there.

RandyW64

PostFri Aug 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Stoney18 wrote:In a WC fight and Contreras went down for 15. Felt having Rogers over Perez for those games helps my chances to get to the playoffs even if I'm a little weaker if I get there.

I gotta agree with Stoney's logic there. What good does it do to have a "good" playoff team, if you are on the outside looking in? Rogers is a good pick.

joethejet

PostSun Aug 28, 2022 8:20 pm

Stoney18 wrote:In a WC fight and Contreras went down for 15. Felt having Rogers over Perez for those games helps my chances to get to the playoffs even if I'm a little weaker if I get there.

Ah! I didn't see the 15 game injury!

joethejet

PostTue Aug 30, 2022 12:50 am

Well, we've gone 3-9 and 5-10 to completely erase any even outside chance of getting into the race.

In the process we've lost all of those by 2 runs or less with 6 being by a run and 2 in extras. Four of the last five losses have been by a run.

The five wins? 2 by 8, 2 by 3 and 1 by 4.

That my friends is some bad timing in your die rolls. :(

Been that kind of season.

Spider 67

PostWed Aug 31, 2022 8:55 am

Grrrrr! Trying to hold on by my fingernails to make the playoffs and Trout goes down for 15 and Realmuto for 6! I knew this team needed some luck on injuries to be in the hunt. (Trout's 10th injury, but only for 40 games. Realmuto 8 injuries for 39 games.) The final 12 games could get ugly.

joethejet

PostSat Sep 03, 2022 1:49 am

Spider 67 wrote:Grrrrr! Trying to hold on by my fingernails to make the playoffs and Trout goes down for 15 and Realmuto for 6! I knew this team needed some luck on injuries to be in the hunt. (Trout's 10th injury, but only for 40 games. Realmuto 8 injuries for 39 games.) The final 12 games could get ugly.

Yeah, that's why I try to avoid injury guys, but I may have to try it sometime...... risky, but *can* pay off.

joethejet

PostMon Sep 05, 2022 1:18 am

Crazy race in the Central!

A tie for first, the two other teams are a game back! and NONE will finish over .500! And none may finish with a positive run diff. That's Nuts.

Miller has won the West.

Spider needs to not get swept and Stoney sweep to hold on in the East.

WC, Stones is 2 up on Hawk. They are tied 12-12, don't knwo who has the run dif.

Bottom line: 8 of the 12 teams still have a shot. Only the three other teams in the West and KLX are out of it completely.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat