• Author

stevep107

Re: NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 6:21 pm

Lastly, what does NLD stand for?

milleram

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 7:02 pm

The numbers are the number of wins last season, and the reverse seeding applies, except for the two final teams.

You replaced the 5th place team, so seeded 8th in draft.

I don't remember what NLD stands for--In my case, Nearly-Legal-Dementia, I think.

In strat draft, go to Front Office, My office, and My profile--there is a check box to turn auto draft on and off, all the players are listed with numbers--put that number in one of the boxes, in the order you want--there are six player groups that you can set for One or more from each group==say you listed three SS in 1st group but want only one, just set that group for one player, and it will go to 2nd group for next pick.

I am very careful with proxies--sometimes that check box gets cut on when I want it off, especially when I have back to back, or near back to back picks. I not only cut that box off a lot, I set my picks to zero in those groups often, (though they stay listed for reference) so I have some time to reassess when I am on the clock.

joethejet

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 11:21 pm

stevep107 wrote:I'm finding the stratdraft.com to be a bit 'clunky' (i.e. not very intuitive).

How do I set my draft proxies?

Why do I only start with $97m instead of $100m?

Cheers,
Steve

Hi Steve,

I'm not an expert on proxies so I'll let someone else tackle that one.

You have only 97 mil because you have to have room for six more players when the live draft is completed.

joethejet

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 11:24 pm

stevep107 wrote:Lastly, what does NLD stand for?

So, NLD was the second live draft in SOMO history. So, it was a New Live Draft or NLD. The name just stuck. The other LD didn't last so, we're the longest running LD in SOMO history. :) 8-)

Jeepdriver

PostMon Jul 04, 2022 11:29 pm

You start with $97m because we draft 19 players and you'll need minimum $3m for the other 6 players.

The number next to the Owners name is the number of wins from the last league. Draft is set-up worst to first.

Proxies:

Go to 'Front Office" - "My Office" - "My Profile"

The second box is where you'll set your proxie(s). When you're ready to set check "Autodraft" which is in the upper left corner. Then set your proxies depending on how many, etc. To can divide into groups, for example

1st Player Group could be who you want next pick and perhaps a b/u or two in case your guy got picked before the drsft got to you. You can set additional groups for future rounds and also limit the players picked in that group. 1, 2, etc.

Hope that explains it...of course feel free to ask additional Qs if necessary. Once you get used to it, it's pretty easy.

Edit - missed the earlier posts, sorry

joethejet

PostTue Jul 05, 2022 12:30 am

More interesting numbers. Most seasons in the league.

Jeep and Hawk both started in NLD11, but took some breaks. Big A has the second longest consecutive streak at 46. He started in NLD 14 and hasn't taken one off since.

Jeep has one more than Hawk with 44.

Stones started in NLD 18 and has taken only 1 break.

The past five were run with the same 12 managers. That streak will end with toshiro sitting this one out.

The last seven have had 10 managers in common.

JTJ/WM 59
BigAlric 46
Jeep 44
Nythawk 43
Stoney 41
Semper 35
Spider 25
Dale 22
Milleram 11
KLX 11
Randal 5

stevep107

PostTue Jul 05, 2022 8:28 am

Thanks for the explanations. Very useful.

Also, thanks for asking me to join this league. It obviously has a lot of history attached to it with a lot of great managers and I feel humbled to be asked to be part of it.

How long do you think it will take to draft 20 players (just wondering)? I know that it takes -ages- to do the live drafts in the Players championship (mainly because there is always one or two people who hold things up).

I've set up my proxies for the next 6 or so picks - so I'm good to go.

Is there an easy way to know which players are unique to the unleashed set? I'm guessing hitters with less than 60 ABs (seems like only Siri?) and pitchers with less than a certain number of IPs?

-SteveP

Semper Gumby

PostTue Jul 05, 2022 9:24 am

My apologies for delay

Reconnected with a childhood friend at Disney. I have not seen him in 50 years due to life, life and more life. Saw him, his kids and grandchildren at Disney for the past few days.

Beside being older and less hair on our heads, we haven't missed a beat.

Back to the draft

Stoney18

PostTue Jul 05, 2022 10:32 am

Unleashed

Garneau, Dustin
Siri, Jose
Vierling, Matt

Ellis, Chris
Gill, Luis
Ryan, Joe
Turnbull, Spencer
Warren, Art

RandyW64

PostTue Jul 05, 2022 2:26 pm

joethejet wrote:
stevep107 wrote:Lastly, what does NLD stand for?

So, NLD was the second live draft in SOMO history. So, it was a New Live Draft or NLD. The name just stuck. The other LD didn't last so, we're the longest running LD in SOMO history. :) 8-)

I am glad you mentioned that JTJ! I likewise had no idea what "NLD" was. Thanks for the explanation!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat