NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 60 - Best Birth Year Ever!

PostThu Aug 04, 2022 11:08 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:
joethejet wrote:Congrats to Semper on the no-hitter tonight. :(

Only gave up 2 walks and 1 guy over the minimum. Lopez and Antone on their games.

Wonder what would have happened had I not set my SPs to pitch no more than 6 innings?

Well, Lopez only went five anyway so......

joethejet

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 12:05 am

I'm absolutely amazed at how bad our pitching continues to be. We're facing Miller without Siri and he just lights up Lynn and Buehler.

On top of that we lose Verdugo for 10 with Betts out for 2 more. It appears my run of luck in the NLD has run out. This team, while may not be *that* good, I don't believe, should have an ERA approaching 5 as it is right now. At least not pitching in a relatively friendly to pitchers park. Of course, when you've rolled over 100 more times on the hitter's cards than your pitcher's it's not a good thing. On top of that we're behind significantly in BPHR rolls. Not a recipe for success I must say.

Not sure whether I should make changes or just hope the luck changes. I think we're screwed either way.

milleram

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 1:07 am

"It appears my run of luck in the NLD has run out."

Hey JTJ

Don't forget B. Philips trying to stretch a Triple into an inside-the-park homer in bottom of ninth in game 3 too, he would have scored if he hadn't run that stop sign :!: :?: :shock:

My team made a slew of errors, hit 3 of 4 BP HR in a 1-4 park--I would have to agree your luck was bad.

joethejet

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 12:57 pm

milleram wrote:"It appears my run of luck in the NLD has run out."

Hey JTJ

Don't forget B. Philips trying to stretch a Triple into an inside-the-park homer in bottom of ninth in game 3 too, he would have scored if he hadn't run that stop sign :!: :?: :shock:

My team made a slew of errors, hit 3 of 4 BP HR in a 1-4 park--I would have to agree your luck was bad.

LOL, didn't even notice those things! Seems like the way this season has gone however. I'm not sure exactly how good this team is, but I think it's at least a .500 club.

Thanks for the sympathy, it's appreciated. I think I'm going to have to make a move....If for no other reason..why not?

RandyW64

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 2:16 pm

Thanks for the sympathy, it's appreciated. I think I'm going to have to make a move....If for no other reason..why not?

JTJ --- took the words right out of my mouth!!

joethejet

PostFri Aug 05, 2022 6:08 pm

randal64 wrote:Thanks for the sympathy, it's appreciated. I think I'm going to have to make a move....If for no other reason..why not?

JTJ --- took the words right out of my mouth!!

Yeah, so we made a move. It actually didn't affect our rating much, just moved it from hitting to D and a bit more pitching. We'll see. Not sure I had much to lose and it didn't really gut the team.

I see you and Dale also made big moves.

Semper Gumby

PostSat Aug 06, 2022 7:14 pm

Glad Hal knows how to toss out the 15 game injuries ... my long gone 3B took his second 15 gamer in a row. Hard to love the dice

Now we have the guys all set ...

joethejet

PostSun Aug 07, 2022 3:45 pm

(oops, never hit send on this after the first series after my moves. Posting now)

Well, the good news is we won 2, the bad news is our new SP joined the crowd and gave up 4 runs in 5.2 IP for a 6.35 ERA.

Oh! And, a couple of days after getting no-hit, we throw a no-no with my ace Luis Garcia ($1.30) going 7 and Nelson the last 2. ONly faced one over the minimum with an error and a walk (plus a DP) the only blemishes on the outing.

RandyW64

PostMon Aug 08, 2022 2:21 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:Glad Hal knows how to toss out the 15 game injuries ... my long gone 3B took his second 15 gamer in a row. Hard to love the dice

Now we have the guys all set ...

Yep, apparently since I can't play spoiler for the other teams in the West (I am 0-9 vs. Gumby!), I guess the beanballs were flying! 15g/7g/6g injuries to Gumby's squad. TAKE THAT! :)

joethejet

PostTue Aug 09, 2022 1:51 am

Geez, I guess I should have talked trade with KLX before making my cuts, he picked up: Alonso, Betts and Verdugo! :shock:

He's also down almost $10mil from the cap.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat