Idea for a league looking for owners

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mattw0909

Idea for a league looking for owners

PostTue May 17, 2022 3:35 pm

Not really to sure how I came up with this but I have an idea for a league and just trying to see if anyone would like to try this out. Right now it’s just me so would be looking for 11 people willing to participate in multiple seasons.

Pretty much the idea is prior to the first year everyone picks their stadium in this thread. Only one person can use that exact stadium. Ex: only one person could use Forbes field 65’ but the other years would be fair game. You would then be locked into that stadium for the duration of the league. (I’d say 3 seasons then there would be a reset if we wanted to continue, or just keep going).

After the stadiums are selected each team would be able to eliminate 3 players from the player pool…….. so when it’s my turn if I say bonds Ruth and Musial all of their cards would not be able to used. So going into the first year 36 players would have their cards considered ineligible to be used.

Then going into the second season each team could eliminate two more players (60 total now counting the first years) and we can just continue that way as long as the league plays out.

The initial cap and dh we can vote on and after that the champion picks the cap and dh/no dh

I think this adds a different strategy to this that could be a lot of fun. You can pick to eliminate the big bats , top arms ,platoons, good values , specialty relievers ,players that fit opponents parks or guys you just don’t like.

If anyone would be interested let me know and we can start trying to set this up

Return to Individual League Chat