NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Semper Gumby

Re: NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostTue May 24, 2022 11:03 am

My guys don't read the newspaper, and surely don't care about making the all-star.

After sharing Joe's excellent rating work to the squad - I told them

"Don't think; it can only hurt the ball club."

Spider 67

PostTue May 24, 2022 11:47 am

Third best run differential and at the bottom of the league! My guys apparently like to kick a team when they're down, but can't keep their concentration in a close game. GRRRR!

Maybe next season I should think about drafting some relievers. :roll:

dalekeener

PostTue May 24, 2022 12:08 pm

I've needed each and every lucky bounce, seeing eye hit I can get just to stay in striking distance.

joethejet

PostTue May 24, 2022 2:00 pm

Toshiro has made a run to get over .500. I think the only thing that might keep the West from having all four teams over .500 is that they have to play each other down the stretch!

RandyW64

PostTue May 24, 2022 4:07 pm

joethejet wrote:Toshiro has made a run to get over .500. I think the only thing that might keep the West from having all four teams over .500 is that they have to play each other down the stretch!

Playoffs could be UGleeeeee! The West clearly has been a dogfight all year with good teams.

My team is 48-33 (.593) vs Central and East and 16-26 (.381) vs. WEST. Even in the outside chance I make the playoffs, could be another "4 and done" for me! As I recall, my lifetime playoff record here is 0-4 (Thanks JTJ!!), so I guess that would continue the trend.

The only thing the rest of the way that will boost me is if the luck factor comes into play more, and I get a ton of BP Hr's at home!

Just noticed too, my Run Diff is slightly skewed by my overall -29 RD vs. Milleram! In ONE 3game series in April, I was -34 vs the Trouble...AND yet managed to win one game.

Jeepdriver

PostWed May 25, 2022 7:41 am

joethejet wrote:Toshiro has made a run to get over .500. I think the only thing that might keep the West from having all four teams over .500 is that they have to play each other down the stretch!

Well the West has been very pedestrian of late, one team at the .500 mark, and another (that I happened to put 29 runs on last night) falling to 4 games under .500. So while the West has been the best Division, let's not overstate the facts. Randall has been hot and can't even be ruled out as a WC contender.

joethejet

PostThu May 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Oh for sure, and they now get a chance to beat up on each other down the stretch. That said, the races aren't as close this time around as they usually ae in teh NLD.

With only intra-division games remaining, let's take a look at the races:

East - Jeep's the only team over .500 and his six game win streak has opened an 8 game lead over Dale, the only team with a realistic chance of catching him. Looks unlikely that someone will catch him, but he's actually been better out of the division than in so there's hope for Dale. Dale will *have* go something like 9-3 (or better) in the head-to-head matchups starting tonight to have a realistic shot.

Central - Similar to the East. Semper is sitting in the driver's seat up six with only one team with a realistic shot at catching him. Randal *has* been the only team over .500 within the division so it's possible if he keeps that up and does well against Semper he can catch him.

West - Three teams over .500 with one a game under gonna be a brutal battle down the stretch. Stones, the last place team has the best intradivision record (thanks to kicking my butt) so don't count him out from at least making a WC run. toshiro doesn't have a good record in the division, but had a hot streak lately which keeps him in the race. Bot Miller and JTJ have struggled since the ratins were posted (becaust of course they did) Right now you'd expect it to be one of the two top teams, but this one isn't over yet.

WC Standings
Code: Select all
joethejet   71   58   --
randal64.   66   63   5
toshiro..   65   64   6
Stoney18.   64   65   7

clearly JTJ is in the driver's seat, but the way Stones kicks his butt, that could change quickly between the two. If Randal beats up on the Central he could slip in there.

joethejet

PostFri May 27, 2022 12:46 am

Looks like the results are late tonight?

joethejet

PostFri May 27, 2022 7:34 pm

Ugh, predictably we lost 2 of 3 to Stoney including 2 one run losses. What the heck?

I guess I should just be happy we won one. Took us 12 innings to pull that one out!

Jeepdriver

PostSat May 28, 2022 11:33 pm

joethejet wrote:Looks like the results are late tonight?

Games have been firing off later and later the last few weeks. I don't know why.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat