NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 am

randal64 wrote:Thanks Joe! Although in this case it was to my advantage, I wouldn't like it if it was against me, so best they work it out.

There was one other glitch with Ohtani: I have him on two teams and when I was trying to get a team ready to draft, it was showing I was short a player, even though I had 13 including Ohtani. I had to delete the entire list and re-do it, including an additional player.

I sent that to strat as well, and they responded "it looks like you took care of it, please let us know if there is anything else." :)

If you drafted Ohtani as a pitcher, he's going to count as a pitcher and vice versa. This isn't a bug, it's a feature. He only counts as one player even though he has two roles. So, with him, you will still have to have 25 players, but you'll, in effect, have 26.

joethejet

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 am

Stoney18 wrote:His email address was deleted from the site so he wouldn't have gotten an invite. Someone know how to reach him?

Yeah, I'll email him.

RandyW64

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 4:49 pm

joethejet wrote:
randal64 wrote:Thanks Joe! Although in this case it was to my advantage, I wouldn't like it if it was against me, so best they work it out.

There was one other glitch with Ohtani: I have him on two teams and when I was trying to get a team ready to draft, it was showing I was short a player, even though I had 13 including Ohtani. I had to delete the entire list and re-do it, including an additional player.

I sent that to strat as well, and they responded "it looks like you took care of it, please let us know if there is anything else." :)

If you drafted Ohtani as a pitcher, he's going to count as a pitcher and vice versa. This isn't a bug, it's a feature. He only counts as one player even though he has two roles. So, with him, you will still have to have 25 players, but you'll, in effect, have 26.

So, in this case, I drafted him as a hitter, and my "draft list" showed 13 hitters and 13 pitchers. Yet, I couldn't rank them, etc, because it said I was short players. So, I don't think that was the issue.

joethejet

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 1:29 am

randal64 wrote:
joethejet wrote:

So, in this case, I drafted him as a hitter, and my "draft list" showed 13 hitters and 13 pitchers. Yet, I couldn't rank them, etc, because it said I was short players. So, I don't think that was the issue.

It could be a bug or it could be that your memory isn't as good as you think it is. ;)

RandyW64

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 10:59 am

Trying to plan schedule this week - I know JTJ said he’s got things going on. Are we leaving the clock off on drafts until next Monday, April 4?

toshiro

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 12:29 pm

Don’t forget you can make picks by phone. You can also hotspot the phone and connect laptop. You don’t have to be at your home terminal to make picks and your laptop does not have to have direct connection to internet. There are a lot of creative ways to connect these days.

Stoney18

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 1:31 pm

Or proxies

joethejet

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 2:33 pm

It's not that I don't have the few minutes it takes to physically make the pick, it's that I don't have time to figure out who I should take. I haven't scouted the cards from the SOMO perspective at all, only from the FTF perspective and those are completely different things.

I would like to leave the clock off until April 4. I will pick as best I can.

Thanks.

toshiro

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 2:58 pm

Probly don’t wait until picks to do homework. I created my team & am building it as i go which has helped.

BigAlric

PostSun Mar 27, 2022 4:28 pm

joethejet wrote:It's not that I don't have the few minutes it takes to physically make the pick, it's that I don't have time to figure out who I should take. I haven't scouted the cards from the SOMO perspective at all, only from the FTF perspective and those are completely different things.

I would like to leave the clock off until April 4. I will pick as best I can.

Thanks.

You actually scout cards ...... :o
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat