NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

milleram

Re: NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 4:24 pm

Ohtani needs to be removed from strat draft list as a Batter--Randall must have drafted him as a pitcher--though putting him on Randall's team may cost him an extra 22M on strat-draft--so not sure if you can just drop a player off the draft list.

Stoney18

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Good catch. Removed Ohtani as hitter. Salaries worked out fine since the draft system only took the pitcher.

RandyW64

PostWed Mar 30, 2022 7:51 pm

Thank you for doing that Stoney. I did notice he was still there, but after everyone made the comments, I figured no one would draft him. :)

Randy

Jeepdriver

PostFri Apr 01, 2022 2:28 pm

Glad the clock will finally start Monday.

joethejet

PostFri Apr 01, 2022 11:51 pm

Hey Guys,

I made the one pick I was sure about, but just can't pull the trigger on the next one and I *really* need to complete my ftf scouting. I'll pick on Sunday as soon as I can sort it out.

We'll be in normal action on Monday.

klx22

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 11:04 am

joethejet wrote:Hey Guys,

I made the one pick I was sure about, but just can't pull the trigger on the next one and I *really* need to complete my ftf scouting. I'll pick on Sunday as soon as I can sort it out.

That is ridiculous. This league is for fun and does not require 2 days of research. Pick a player and hit enter and keep the draft moving for the rest of the league.

joethejet

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 1:44 pm

klx22 wrote:
joethejet wrote:Hey Guys,

That is ridiculous. This league is for fun and does not require 2 days of research. Pick a player and hit enter and keep the draft moving for the rest of the league.

I didn't want to start until tomorrow. That's what I said from the beginning. We started anyway. I wasn't happy about it but I did my best to keep it moving. I probably should have not made any picks and just waited. Maybe that would have been preferable to everyone else rather than a slow start?

You're right it doesn't take 2 days and if I didn't have another draft that I was preparing for (and hosting at my house) I would have the time to make the pick. I don't.

Sorry.

klx22

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 2:41 pm

You should have picked someone last night when you made the other pick and kept the draft moving to be considerate of everyone else. The amount of time you took to make both of these posts, you easily could have made an additional pick instead.

RandyW64

PostSat Apr 02, 2022 11:25 pm

I kinda have to agree with Keith here. What I don’t understand is how there couldn't be ONE PICK -- in the 6th round, no less - and then don't pick again for 21 more picks, just so 11 other people don’t have to be delayed for two days?

Either way, I agree with Jeep -- glad clock will start Monday. :)

joethejet

PostSun Apr 03, 2022 12:32 pm

Next time I have something else going on we just won't start. You guys will be happier that way apparently. I was busy and knew I would be and wouldn't have started had I known I was going to get flak.

I thought I was VERY clear with my parameters and it was decided to start anyway. My mistake for trying to do both. I did the best I could and it wasn't good enough for you guys.

Anyway, I will be picking this morning (PDT).
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat