NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Spider 67

Re: NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostSun May 29, 2022 8:08 am

I'm in a league that was ready to draft Saturday AM and is still waiting to fire off.

joethejet

PostSun May 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Huh weird. It was super late that one night, but haven't noticed it the last couple.

Meanwhile, we win a big series against Milleram, but we lose Ortega for 15. :( That's tough blow for our lineup given that we're facing almost all RHSP down the stretch. Not sure if we should try to pick someone up or just wait for him to return.

Spider 67

PostSun May 29, 2022 3:48 pm

Spider 67 wrote:I'm in a league that was ready to draft Saturday AM and is still waiting to fire off.

Apparently one league member had an incorrect salary cap entered (he says) and it wouldn't let the league run. I wouldn't think that was possible. :?:

joethejet

PostTue May 31, 2022 12:32 am

So, the East and Central races are all but over, but the West has all four teams as close (or closer) as the second place in the other divisons! :shock: Randal *does* have a shot at the WC however.

It appears to be a three team race for two spots in the West, but Stoney still has six left with us so he's not out of it yet.

RandyW64

PostTue May 31, 2022 11:54 am

joethejet wrote:So, the East and Central races are all but over, but the West has all four teams as close (or closer) as the second place in the other divisons! :shock: Randal *does* have a shot at the WC however.

It appears to be a three team race for two spots in the West, but Stoney still has six left with us so he's not out of it yet.

Thank you for your optimism on my team JTJ!! However, the way they have played lately may not bode well for the Lightning faithful!

Semper Gumby

PostTue May 31, 2022 3:50 pm

You know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It’s 25 hits. Twenty-five hits in 500 at-bats is 50 points, OK?

There’s six months in a season. That’s about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week, just one, a gork, a ground ball — a ground ball with eyes! — you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week and you’re in the NLD playoffs and busting Joe's heart!

joethejet

PostTue May 31, 2022 4:58 pm

Semper Gumby wrote:You know what the difference between hitting .250 and .300 is? It’s 25 hits. Twenty-five hits in 500 at-bats is 50 points, OK?

There’s six months in a season. That’s about 25 weeks. That means if you get just one extra flare a week, just one, a gork, a ground ball — a ground ball with eyes! — you get a dying quail, just one more dying quail a week and you’re in the NLD playoffs and busting Joe's heart!

Sheesh, we're just trying to hold onto a playoff spot. Between Stoney kicking my butt and toshiro narrowing the gap to 4 games and Milleram having the highest rated team, I'll be lucky to get my heart broken in the playoffs!

Meanwhile Semper is cruising into the playoffs with the best record in the league!

joethejet

PostThu Jun 02, 2022 1:38 am

Amazing but true! We won a series with Stoney for the first time all season! Good timing fellas.

Two one run games, one in extras, but we'll take it. Got a 1-5 HR (2b the rest) to tie it in the 6th and then won in 10 on a triple and a sac fly. We got the other game a little more conventionally, but had some good BP work.

Definitely got some breaks tonight, but have one more series with Stoney and then finish with six on the road. Still have to win some games to clinch a spot.

Stoney18

PostThu Jun 02, 2022 11:27 am

At least beating Joe is one thing I can be proud of with this team.

My normal formula didn't translate to wins in this league.

Good pitching - 2nd
Batting Average (I know) - 1st
Doubles - 1st

Usually high BA & doubles turns into an ok SLG but didn't work out that way. Plus being last in OB turns into last in scoring. On to next season.

Semper Gumby

PostFri Jun 03, 2022 10:22 am

joethejet wrote:Meanwhile Semper is cruising into the playoffs with the best record in the league!

Hard to do when my division opponents do not know when it is time to quit beating me up. :shock:
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat