NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostMon Mar 21, 2022 8:36 pm

Satchel Paige played his last game at age 59! It was a Charlie Finley special in September.

Rules
$80m
2021 regular season player set
5/10/20 waivers
DH
Advanced
No frenzy

Live draft: 20 rounds, 19 players + one stadium

* No clock 1st round. Three (3) hours thereafter. JTJ will need a waiver until April 4.
* Clock is 0700 to 1900 PDT
* No clock on weekends
* Waivers guys go at the top of the draft list
* You MUST put the players that you draft on your initial team when we load the league. You can cut them waivers if you desire, but they have to be on the initial team submitted.
* You can ONLY select 25 players gog to the Auto Draft. After waivers you can carry as many as you want.

A Reminder: this is a live draft, During the "clock hours", it is expected that you'll either be on the site or have proxies. Of course, sometimes proxies run out or things come up. This is understood. If and when this happens, please check on the site afterwards so that we can understand what happened. Thank you.

Draft order and Divisional assignments
East
dalekeener -
klx22
Jeepdriver -
nythawk129921 -

Central
randal64
BigAlric -
Semper Gumby -
Spider 67 -

West
milleram
Stoney18
joethejet - Will need a waiver on the clock until April 4
toshiro -

joethejet

Re: NLD 59 - Satchel Commemorative League

PostTue Mar 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Interesting to see Ohtani go. There was a lot of debate on his price. Any thoughts on that from this group?

Stoney18

PostTue Mar 22, 2022 1:59 pm

Good fit for $100M but seems like you're going to have sacrifice somewhere else in a $80.

RandyW64

PostTue Mar 22, 2022 5:55 pm

I agree with that assessment. I have him on two teams right now, and he is pitching well (early), but batting around .200 with 6 HR's in 21ish games for both teams.

Pitcher card or hitter's card not worth $11M I don't think. But, my figuring is he is $5.5 M at either...in that case, not a bad deal. Basically can cover two spots with one guy, for an average of $5.5M. It does mean I will have to take an extra .5M pitcher somewhere down the road.

I kind of compare it to Harper at $11+ M or DeGrom at about $11M (just slightly less.) He's not as good as either of them, but comparable to guys who are 6-7Million.

At least that is my story, and I am sticking to it!!! :) Also, there is clearly a REASON I am not in the Western division! Faulty reasoning?

RandyW64

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 12:12 am

Take a look at this game, play by play....https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/459392/168

Guess they haven't worked all the Strat kinks out on Ohtani. He is pitching and playing dh. Gets hurt for one more game while hitting, gets replaced at dh --- yet still pitches?

One other thing - he gets hurt more often because he's got two ways to get hurt - 6-12 when the other dh is up, plus on his card.

milleram

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 2:48 am

you should put that post in 20xx section (unless you want us to keep mum about it :lol: !!)

joethejet

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 am

randal64 wrote:I agree with that assessment. I have him on two teams right now, and he is pitching well (early), but batting around .200 with 6 HR's in 21ish games for both teams.

Pitcher card or hitter's card not worth $11M I don't think. But, my figuring is he is $5.5 M at either...in that case, not a bad deal. Basically can cover two spots with one guy, for an average of $5.5M. It does mean I will have to take an extra .5M pitcher somewhere down the road.

I kind of compare it to Harper at $11+ M or DeGrom at about $11M (just slightly less.) He's not as good as either of them, but comparable to guys who are 6-7Million.

At least that is my story, and I am sticking to it!!! :) Also, there is clearly a REASON I am not in the Western division! Faulty reasoning?

yeah, he was priced by adding the two salaries together and then compensating for the fact that you still need another player and he can get injured as a pitcher so that subtracts the number of ABs (and IP).

I forwarded your game to SOM. They tested, but clearly there are a lots of odd cases for Ohtani. Definitely send any weirdness to them as they will certainly want to work the kinks out.

RandyW64

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Thanks Joe! Although in this case it was to my advantage, I wouldn't like it if it was against me, so best they work it out.

There was one other glitch with Ohtani: I have him on two teams and when I was trying to get a team ready to draft, it was showing I was short a player, even though I had 13 including Ohtani. I had to delete the entire list and re-do it, including an additional player.

I sent that to strat as well, and they responded "it looks like you took care of it, please let us know if there is anything else." :)

klx22

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Any word from Spider?

Stoney18

PostWed Mar 23, 2022 9:45 pm

His email address was deleted from the site so he wouldn't have gotten an invite. Someone know how to reach him?
Next

Return to Individual League Chat