The ASSfl

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

DinerMike

The ASSfl

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 3:35 pm

Welcome all to our inaugural season, of what, promises to be many leagues!!

I'm excited that this thing finally took off! Best of luck to everyone in this 70's set. If any of those really unfamiliar with mystery sets have any questions, please feel free to ask. We can all help each other out here. Truly, there arent many secrets in the mystery sets, just some hints that you can use to decipher what card you may be using. For batters, the easiest is when they get injured. For pitchers, Ive had success with using SO/BB ratio, with a little hedge to the walk side, as we're using mostly the better hitters, that would have a higher OBP than what the real MLB hadda use scrub wise.

Eddie E

Re: The ASSfl

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 5:31 pm

How did your draft go? I was lucky and got everything I wanted except CF and some backups. My biggest issue is power. I have Mike Schmidt and a bunch of slap hitters.

DinerMike

PostMon Nov 29, 2021 7:53 pm

I received most everyone I wanted, I missed on my catcher-3b-2b. The rest of the big names I wanted, I got. Super happy with my draft. Like I said in my original post, I didnt draft a DH, so need to fix that... And it figures that I got the 2nd pick in waivers. I dont have money for much, and dont need much. If I missed on most of my team, I would have like 10 million left, and 10th pick in waivers lol...

dalekeener

PostTue Nov 30, 2021 9:37 am

Be happy to trade Bobby Grich to anyone. Never played the mystery card format, very interesting. Think I am just going to take as many players from my youth (began Strat in the mid/late 70's) I liked then.

fredpaii

PostTue Nov 30, 2021 7:05 pm

I could have done more player (card) research before drafting. Might have helped. But overall I feel better now than I did before waivers. Hoping I get lucky with Billy Williams. I've seen what his card can do when it's the right year. A long-shot though.

Return to Individual League Chat