GOML New Chat Thread

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

chasenally

Re: GOML New Chat Thread

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 4:18 pm

mlbphan wrote:
I went back and looked at last year's draft. Here is the great news! We are in the 1st RD with 9 picks made. We're only yes, I said only 3 days 18 hours into the draft. Last year we took 7 days 4 hours to get this far. We are at a blistering pace in this one.

did we really take that long to complete the 1st rd last year??

ok while we are researching last year’s 1st rd ……… who took up the most time in that draft’s 1st rd to make a pick??

I started it when the first pick was posted, not when draft was set up. The quickest pick was the 9th. 25 minutes. The longest pick was 3 days 2 1/2 hrs. I don't want to name that person.
The msaegse is waht mttares msot!

sociophil

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 4:25 pm

It was probably me. My wife was hospitalized with an undiagnosed illness last year from Feb through April. Fortunately they were able to diagnose and treat. She’s doing well now. Our league, on the other hand, has yet to recover.

Ninersphan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 5:05 pm

chasenally wrote:I went back and looked at last year's draft. Here is the great news! We are in the 1st RD with 9 picks made. We're only yes, I said only 3 days 18 hours into the draft. Last year we took 7 days 4 hours to get this far. We are at a blistering pace in this one.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah should really change the name to be SGOML

SLOW Grumpy Old Men's League

mlbphan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 5:16 pm

It was probably me. My wife was hospitalized with an undiagnosed illness last year from Feb through April. Fortunately they were able to diagnose and treat. She’s doing well now. Our league, on the other hand, has yet to recover.

Phil I actually wasn’t thinking you AT ALL. I’m glad (as is everyone else here) that everything is going well for your better half. I’ve been thru it all with my better half too. thyroid cancer that involved three surgeries with the third involving removal of a piece of her vocal chord to get the last remaining remnants of the tumor. they took a nerve from another part of her body & grafted it in place of the original vocal chord & a voice therapist 6 months later had her voice back to what it was originally. they do some amazing things. my wife gave the voice therapist an audio tape prior to her surgery & that’s how she got her voice back.

anyway I had my thoughts about who took the longest (the current individual we’re waiting on) & it certainly wasn’t you bud.

mlbphan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 7:28 pm

Great :roll: So, how long do we wait? This is the slowest drafting league I've ever been in. I'd suggest giving him the highest salaried available player and move on.

that’s too generous

STEVE F

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 7:32 pm

mlbphan wrote:
Great :roll: So, how long do we wait? This is the slowest drafting league I've ever been in. I'd suggest giving him the highest salaried available player and move on.

that’s too generous

Perhaps. It was just an idea. This guy goes AWOL every Frickin' year!

STEVE F

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 9:14 pm

Guys, you all have my cell and email. Ping me when I'm up. I can't keep checking in here, it's pissing me off more and more each time I check!

mlbphan

PostSat Apr 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Guys, you all have my cell and email. Ping me when I'm up. I can't keep checking in here, it's pissing me off more and more each time I check!

ditto!!

sociophil

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 10:53 am

I have had no interest from my post for a substitution manager. Does anyone have a candidate they'd like to recommend? It looks like Geekor has gone completely AWOL, and his team looks to be a project.

Philip

STEVE F

PostMon Apr 25, 2022 11:03 am

I posted messages in the autoleagues I'm currently in
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat