Collusion League Idea Discussion

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Pesky Fan

Re: Collusion League Idea Discussion

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 11:46 am

it doesn't cost salary, but it transfers money from one team to another...

be advised that a dyspeptic grouch took over my account yesterday...lol... I guess the idea of experimenting on running leagues hit a button for me... I know nobody intended anything bad...H

chris.sied@yahoo.com

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 pm

sebtay41 wrote:So based on reading all of the different threads and emails on this it seems like we have two distinct ideas here:
1. Only the SP* pitcher can be switched. This came about based on that Koufax thing. For this we would have to somehow determine if it really does work the way it seemed to with Koufax. One question: Does in-season trade cost money, like releasing a free agent. I don't think I've ever made an in-season trade, so I don't know.

2. Chris S. seems to have been thinking about a collusion league for a long time. In this league everything can be traded back and forth between the colluding team. This requires NO pre-testing. As Peter mentioned this would require managers to have an almost daily altering of their line-ups and rotations. So any 12 people that join would have to be prepared for this and willing to put a lot more work in that league than any normal league. It wouldn't necessarily be complicated as we would be using a normal SOM player set, it's just would be work. But anyone that joins should be aware of that up-front and not join, if they are not prepared for it or don't have the time.

Is this an accurate summary?

I think this is correct, except for the idea I have been thinking of it for a long time. Those ideas all came out of my brain in the last 24 hours which is why I am searching for feedback on why this hare brain idea might actually work and what have I overlooked.

You are absolutely right that its going to require an essentially daily commitment to be successful.

PETERLE

PostFri Sep 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Yes even only trading SP* does require daily focus since you would have to trade SP back and forth almost everyday. Might not be a league for everyone but would make you really pay attention to it everyday.

I understand testing this in an existing league seems unfair but dont trades occur in active leagues already? So if we trade a non-keeper player, does it matter if trade is to try to improve your team or just for testing of this crazy idea? I dont think trades reduces a team's salary, just need the dollars to offset a trade.

Like I said, I dont mind trying as test in NL only league later in the season. We could try with 2 teams eliminated from playoff contention, which my team is pretty much eliminated already. Would only do one trade with SP* players.

Pesky Fan

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 5:54 pm

ALERT***... I just traded for Hamels and was not allowed to start him...he started for Mickey in game 93 and I couldn't start him in game 94...or 95 and I am presuming also 96...Henry
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat