NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 pm

milleram wrote:you know--if we put the last 6 at the bottom of the draft (which I think we should) we would never have a problem of someone getting another guys player by mistake.

The best position the mistaken pick could be is 20 at best, and everyone would have their draft picks in top 19, really what difference will it make for waiver pick order--- (none).

I have suggested that in the past, but I was shot down. I'd be totally good with that.

Joe

Semper Gumby

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 4:22 pm

milleram wrote:you know--if we put the last 6 at the bottom of the draft (which I think we should) we would never have a problem of someone getting another guys player by mistake.

The best position the mistaken pick could be is 20 at best, and everyone would have their draft picks in top 19, really what difference will it make for waiver pick order--- (none).

Great idea

Spider 67

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 7:12 pm

I'd go with that. That can be a problem with some leagues where the guys don't play by the rules, but would not be a problem with this group.

klx22

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 7:36 pm

I am not good with that because it could potentially give somebody an unfair advantage if they misunderstood or deliberately put them on top. I think people just need to pay better attention to what they are doing. When I am building my team, I have stratdraft open and clicking on draft at a specific position and making sure they are still available before I put them on my draft card. Never once have I drafted somebody else's guy.

Jeepdriver

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 12:00 am

I think I have to go along with Keith here. I also check with draft site before putting my 6 players on my draft card. As of now if a mistake is made it's just simply trading the player back to the rightful Owner. Whereas if a mistake is made with putting the 6 at the bottom, it throws everything off, even if it was unintentionally done.

milleram

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 3:27 am

I think as a group are trust-worthy.

Good thing I am not commissioner.

Jeepdriver

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 8:08 am

No doubt we are trust-worthy, (100%) but we've shown mistakes do happen. For example, placing someone on your draft card that was drafted by someone else isn't being 'untrustful,' it's not being careful, or in a hurry. If one of the six undrafted players is accidentally NOT in the bottom six, then that player will go to that Owner, and no one will ever know that player wasn't in their "bottom 6." There's no way to correct that error, whereas now, if there's an error, we simply trade the player to the rightful Owner. This is why it's always been done the way we do it.

RandyW64

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 1:46 pm

klx22 wrote:I am not good with that because it could potentially give somebody an unfair advantage if they misunderstood or deliberately put them on top. I think people just need to pay better attention to what they are doing. When I am building my team, I have stratdraft open and clicking on draft at a specific position and making sure they are still available before I put them on my draft card. Never once have I drafted somebody else's guy.

I agree that sometimes there are mistakes -- but that is not always the case. If we place them first, and the pick is already taken by someone else as part of their "top 6" then the Auto Draft Bot will replace that player with another comparable available player. That could be someone that someone else has listed in picks 7-25, and who was actually drafted by that person in the regular draft.

Utilizing Milleram's strategy, that would not happen, nor would someone be able to "mistakenly" pick someone else's pick.

Also, I am not sure "trust" comes into play. If someone here feels like he wants to screw his friends over for the purposes of playing a game, then that person has more issues than "bad drafting"!! :lol: I certainly can't see that.

joethejet

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 1:52 pm

Either way we have problems. Guys make mistakes and, as trustworthy as this group is, there will be the temptation to put just that *one* guy higher to make sure you get them.

In the end, we are probably better off with the way we're doing it. :(

Jeepdriver

PostWed Sep 22, 2021 2:28 pm

I agree that sometimes there are mistakes -- but that is not always the case. If we place them first, and the pick is already taken by someone else as part of their "top 6" then the Auto Draft Bot will replace that player with another comparable available player. That could be someone that someone else has listed in picks 7-25, and who was actually drafted by that person in the regular draft.

Randal, that is not true. The computer will NOT give someone a comparable player that is on someone else's draft card, regardless of where they ranked them.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat