NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

Moderator: Palmtana

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

joethejet

  • Posts: 4423
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: SF Bay Area

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostFri Nov 26, 2021 2:38 am

left 10 on, they left 3. Grandslam after an inning of rolling only on his card will kill you and it did. #)(&)(*_(#_%

Story of my NLD. We can't get over the finish line. Took a 4-0 lead to the bottom of the 8th and gave up 6. WTF. We suck.

Led the league in average and runs scored and we're hitting .227. What a bunch of chokers.

Oh well, gotta win the last two. At least we're at home. We've had no ability to finish a series, but maybe the dice will be kind to us in the last two.

Rolled 24 of 42 on his card. Including the first 10 of the game. Not going to get it done even though we had a lot of runners.

Gotta get some breaks to win. Not getting them so far. :(
Offline

joethejet

  • Posts: 4423
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: SF Bay Area

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostSat Nov 27, 2021 3:10 am

Well, our turn for some lucky breaks for sure.

Took a 2-1 lead only to see Winker and Young homer off of Hill to make it 5-2.

A WP on a Catch X helped us to make it 5-3.

A 1-3 double by D'arnaud off of Clippard's card makes it 5-4 and then he scores on a sac fly to tie the game.

Two outs bottom of 8, Schoop hits a 1-7 bphr off of Cilippard to give us the lead 6-5.

Matzek and Hahn close it out to force a game 7.

Good luck & happy thxgiving everyone!


I missed this last night. Same to you toshiro. Hope you had a good day! It's been a crazy series. One game left. Kim for you, Gray for us.
Offline

joethejet

  • Posts: 4423
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: SF Bay Area

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 2:51 am

Congrats to toshiro. You have a fine team, one of the best rated in the league. Also, all LH SPs were not our strength.

That said, the difference in the game 7? I missed a 3 run 1-13 HR and a 1-7 solo shot, he got 2 1-13 including the game winner and a game tying 1-7. No idea why Richards was in the game instead of Hahn. I guess there are no days off for the bullpen in the playoffs?

We also missed a 1-13 bpsi that would have scored a run. We blew 4-0 and 6-2 leads. If we hit that 1-13 3 run BPHR, we win. That's the difference in the game.

Of course, when, on top of toshiro not missing a bphr he also rolled 28 of 42 rolls on his own card (2/3 of the rolls). That gives you a really high probability of winning. Richards actually didn't hurt us because every single hit or walk he gave up came off of the hitter's cards. We rolled 21 of 40 on our cards. An average number.

After hitting .257 in the regular season we hit .227 in the playoffs with a 4.95 ERA compared to 4.27. We definitely choked in the playoffs.

So, to review. We lost because he rolled 2/3's of the time on his card and got 2 65% chance HRs and a 35% HR and we missed our 1-13 and our 1-7. That pretty much sucks.

Well, it's a dice game. Shit happens I guess. Just another loss in the finals for me. Oh for our last 7 now including 4 times in the finals. Some day we'll win one I'm sure. Could be worse, Silver went 3-20 (15%) We're 4-25 (16%). Third straight season of having the best record and we can't get a ring. Gotta say I'm a little salty about it (as if you couldn't tell ;) )

Oh well. Good playing with you all again. We'll catch up again in the Spring when the new cards come out. Have a great Christmas!
Offline

toshiro

  • Posts: 478
  • Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:02 pm

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 12:26 pm

Congrats to you as well Joe. Super tough to be on that end of a Finals Game 7. You certainly had a beast of a team in regular season.

Everyone enjoy the rest of 2021 -- got the best part coming up. See ya laters.
Offline

joethejet

  • Posts: 4423
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: SF Bay Area

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostSun Nov 28, 2021 10:37 pm

toshiro wrote:Congrats to you as well Joe. Super tough to be on that end of a Finals Game 7. You certainly had a beast of a team in regular season.

Everyone enjoy the rest of 2021 -- got the best part coming up. See ya laters.


Thanks toshiro. Yep. Very tough when you blow a 3 run lead in game 7. Guess I'm glad you did it before extra innings! ;)
Offline

joethejet

  • Posts: 4423
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: SF Bay Area

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 6:16 pm

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2022!

It's always a pleasure (and challenge) competing with you guys!

Hope Santa brings you a bunch of presents. 8-)

Joe
Offline

klx22

  • Posts: 1882
  • Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Location: Winter Garden, FL

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostThu Dec 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Right back at ya, Joe!
Online

Stoney18

  • Posts: 1344
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm
  • Location: Lincoln NE

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostFri Dec 24, 2021 9:20 am

Merry Christmas everyone!
Offline

klx22

  • Posts: 1882
  • Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:27 pm
  • Location: Winter Garden, FL

Re: NLD 58 Papelbon Closes 2021

PostSat Dec 25, 2021 7:05 pm

Stoney18 wrote:Merry Christmas everyone!


Merry Christmas, Stones, & everyone else!
Previous

Return to Individual League Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Stoney18 and 6 guests

cron