JACKIE ROBINSON MEMORIAL LEAGUES

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

barterer2002

Re: JACKIE ROBINSON MEMORIAL LEAGUES

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 12:29 pm

k70s wrote:Interesting idea, but I want to limit it to only Pre-War Era teams and rosters.

Those are the 16 prewar franchises (twins and orioles were moved of course). You can run a roster for the franchises and organize it similarly.

k70s

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 1:02 pm

Correct, so it would have to be a 12 team league, or leagues, depending on how many owners want to join. Pure RP's are in short supply. BKN has only 4, CHC, DET, WAS, only have 5, and many are not very good. So NeL SP/RP's will be needed as reinforcements. Only 1 NeL pitcher is a pure SP, so there is plenty of help. All PRE teams have at least 2 at the C position, but again, many are not very good and the NeL has lots of good catchers after you get past Josh. Because of those deficiencies I'm thinking the salary budget needs to be pretty high so we can carry these extra players. Maybe $125M or in that range?

RobberBarons

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 7:44 am

Please count me in. I like the idea and am bummed that in many of our leagues the NEL players are not included. I like the idea of a franchise draft and then an NEL dispersal draft (sort of like when the ABA joined the NBA and Maurice Lucas went to join Bill Walton for a Portland championship). I also like the idea of limiting the picks for top teams eg NYY.

Let me know

k70s

PostSat Aug 21, 2021 6:27 pm

That makes 8 so far. Glad to have you RobberBaron. I'm thinking a random draw for franchises would be best. The franchises will be BKN, BOS, CHC, CIN, CLE, DET, NYG, NYY, PHA, PIT, STL, WAS. Once assigned you have your genius and a briefcase full of $ to turn your team into a juggernaut. I'm wondering if we should make the franchises which are excluded up for free agency (SLB, CWS, BSB, PHI)? As if they all disbanded. I'm ambivalent about that. It could erode the identity of the selected franchise but it would be nice to have some of the players from the excluded franchises in the league. Open for opinions.

Pesky Fan

PostSun Aug 22, 2021 10:49 pm

I think including players from excluded franchises is a good idea... to keep the flavor of a teams chosen franchise perhaps a rule that would require 50% + 1 of roster to be from original franchise at all times... if 24 players, 13 would have to be from original franchise...H

RobberBarons

PostMon Aug 23, 2021 8:49 am

I like the idea of the idea of needing keep minimum players from franchise. I also suggest a 1 round draft for non franchised players. Done in reverse order of total franchise value is Orioles would get first pick.

k70s

PostMon Aug 23, 2021 3:14 pm

Except there is no PRE Orioles team unless we use SLB, which I think became the O's after they moved.

k70s

PostSun Sep 05, 2021 8:37 am

The league is now populating. Franchise selection is on a first come-first serve basis. Pirates, Bosox, Yankees, and Tigers are spoken for. Class A teams (NYY. NYG, STL) are limited to 3 free agents. Class B teams are allowed 6 (DET, PHA, CHC, WAS). All other team are allowed 9. GKVBD is the entry code.

tdkearns

PostMon Sep 06, 2021 8:30 am

Som is saying that GKVBD is invalid. What am I doing wrong?

What franchises are left?

k70s

PostMon Sep 06, 2021 4:23 pm

GKVDB sorry-2 slots open. There will be another league in the near future.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat