SDKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

unctarheel

Re: Socially Distant Keeper League (SDKL)

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Unctarheel drops:

Caleb Smith
Rafael Montero
Raimel Tapia

Rant

Re: franchise pick rule

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 3:28 pm

bigmahon wrote:
unctarheel wrote:This rule basically gives you prospect rights in-perpetuity for one player. Each team is permitted one such designation at a time and it remains in effect until (a) you activate the prospect in question, (b) release this prospect, or (c) trade the prospect to another team, as this status is non-transferable. By rule, this declaration is supposed to be announced at the time the prospect is selected in the annual prospect draft. I suggested the rule and it was adopted just before the last free-agent draft, so it may have slipped under the radar of some of the managers in the league. Depending on the opinion of the commissioner, I would personally have no objection to allowing a retroactive application of the rule for those who were unaware of the provision.

Thanks bro. I remember now. Normal prospects = 2 years rights; Franchise prospect = forever if that's what the owner wants.

We will leave as is, and some may choose to franchise next time around. I'm not big on going backwards, so let's pass on retroactivity. ;)

As it wasn't specifically called out that only newly selected players could be given this designation, and only directly after the draft, I don't agree that this is retroactive.

The rule just states that we can designate a prospect, and they hold the designation until one of the conditions are met. Re-assignation can't happen until after the next draft if you remove a franchise tag. If we mean that you have to name a prospect a franchise pick that you picked in a current year draft directly after the draft, we should incorporate that into the rules.

I personally didn't name an initial prospect because I thought I could do it at any time (so long as I hadn't designated a prospect already).

Rant

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 3:49 pm

Rant drops

Clint Frazier

38-1=3 picks

bigmahon

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 4:14 pm

Grant, I agree with you. There is nothing in the rule that states the franchise designation must be made during the prospect draft. So all managers that haven’t designated should feel free to do so at their discretion. Only one franchise allowed at a time; rules for changing the designation are pretty clear.

Rant

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 4:25 pm

bigmahon wrote:Grant, I agree with you. There is nothing in the rule that states the franchise designation must be made during the prospect draft. So all managers that haven’t designated should feel free to do so at their discretion. Only one franchise allowed at a time; rules for changing the designation are pretty clear.

Thanks -- and for the record, I'm not stomping my feet here. I would also be totally fine with the rule changing to read as it was intended, or for that interpretation to be adopted immediately.

The Turtle

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 5:21 pm

A couple of things.

I traded Whitt Merrifield and Asa Lacy to Willmurr for Andrew Stevenson during the season. (confirmed on Page 65 of the prior chat)

I designate Brailyn Marquez as my franchise prospect.

And I drop these 3 for the supplemental draft:

Scott Kingery
Masahiro Tanaka
Adam Ottovino

bigmahon

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 9:17 am

Rant wrote:
bigmahon wrote:Grant, I agree with you. There is nothing in the rule that states the franchise designation must be made during the prospect draft. So all managers that haven’t designated should feel free to do so at their discretion. Only one franchise allowed at a time; rules for changing the designation are pretty clear.

Thanks -- and for the record, I'm not stomping my feet here. I would also be totally fine with the rule changing to read as it was intended, or for that interpretation to be adopted immediately.

No worries. There are a couple of rules that I'm not too crazy about, and I would like to review them all next Spring when the new cards come out. I definitely don't want to ever review / change rules in the middle of a season or card set.

bigmahon

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 9:21 am

Drops:

Kevan Smith
Miguel Sano
Jon Duplantier

the ghost of roger maris

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 11:28 am

ghost drops:
Pavin Smith
Jordon Hicks
adrian morejon
vivan Correcaminos! Andale! Andale!

tcochran

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 11:47 am

Drops:

Julian Merryweather
Jordan Yamamoto
Josh Bell
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat