SDKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

bigmahon

SDKL

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:23 am

[list=][/list]Hi all,

We are going to use this thread moving forward.

Also, please find a link to the league doc below. You can always find it here!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by bigmahon on Thu Sep 14, 2023 10:38 am, edited 215 times in total.

bigmahon

Re: Socially Distant Keeper League (SDKL)

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:28 am

I'm updating the league doc to reflect the recent trade activity. Please do let me know if you see anything that isn't correct!

unctarheel

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:06 am

Please update the document to reflect the fact that I applied my "franchise" prospect designation to Erick Pena when I selected him in the prospect draft.

tcochran

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:38 am

unctarheel wrote:Please update the document to reflect the fact that I applied my "franchise" prospect designation to Erick Pena when I selected him in the prospect draft.

Not familiar with that concept. How is a "franchise" prospect different from any other prospect?

bigmahon

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 11:36 am

unctarheel wrote:Please update the document to reflect the fact that I applied my "franchise" prospect designation to Erick Pena when I selected him in the prospect draft.

Will do.

bigmahon

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 11:40 am

tcochran wrote:

Not familiar with that concept. How is a "franchise" prospect different from any other prospect?

"9) ""Prospect Franchising"" -- a rule that allows each team in our league the option to designate one prospect as a ""franchise pick."" This designation would give the team that drafted the player exclusive rights to that individual in perpetuity, until such time as this prospect was: (a) traded to a different team, (b) released, or (c) activated as a carded member of the team's roster. When this designation expires, it cannot be reassigned to a new prospect until the conclusion of the next prospect draft conducted by the league."

It was a new twist that the league voted on, but to be honest I’m not sure how it differs from normal prospect handling. Tarheel suggested, so perhaps he can explain?

unctarheel

franchise pick rule

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 12:22 pm

This rule basically gives you prospect rights in-perpetuity for one player. Each team is permitted one such designation at a time and it remains in effect until (a) you activate the prospect in question, (b) release this prospect, or (c) trade the prospect to another team, as this status is non-transferable. By rule, this declaration is supposed to be announced at the time the prospect is selected in the annual prospect draft. I suggested the rule and it was adopted just before the last free-agent draft, so it may have slipped under the radar of some of the managers in the league. Depending on the opinion of the commissioner, I would personally have no objection to allowing a retroactive application of the rule for those who were unaware of the provision.

bigmahon

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 12:23 pm

OK, rosters / transactions all updated in the league doc, which in all of my leagues is always pinned to the first post of the league chat thread. Please check for accuracy!

Unless there are any lingering issues, we can start posting our drops in preparation for the 3 round Supplemental Draft.

bigmahon

Re: franchise pick rule

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 12:26 pm

unctarheel wrote:This rule basically gives you prospect rights in-perpetuity for one player. Each team is permitted one such designation at a time and it remains in effect until (a) you activate the prospect in question, (b) release this prospect, or (c) trade the prospect to another team, as this status is non-transferable. By rule, this declaration is supposed to be announced at the time the prospect is selected in the annual prospect draft. I suggested the rule and it was adopted just before the last free-agent draft, so it may have slipped under the radar of some of the managers in the league. Depending on the opinion of the commissioner, I would personally have no objection to allowing a retroactive application of the rule for those who were unaware of the provision.

Thanks bro. I remember now. Normal prospects = 2 years rights; Franchise prospect = forever if that's what the owner wants.

We will leave as is, and some may choose to franchise next time around. I'm not big on going backwards, so let's pass on retroactivity. ;)

Ninersphan

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 1:25 pm

Ninersphan Drops:

Maurico Dubon
Austin Meadows
Daulton Varsho
Next

Return to Individual League Chat