SDKL

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Rant

Re: Socially Distant Keeper League (SDKL)

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 10:16 am

I think this was the intent [red=delete; caps/bold=addition]:

9) "Prospect Franchising" -- a rule that allows each team in our league HAS the option to designate one prospect as a "franchise pick." This designation would give the team that drafted the player exclusive rights to that individual in perpetuity, AND EXEMPT SAID PLAYER FROM THE TWO YEAR PROSPECT CALL-UP WINDOW ALLOWING THEM TO STAY A PROSPECT until such time as this prospect was IS: (a) traded to a different team, (b) released, or (c) activated as a carded member of the team's roster. When this designation expires, it cannot be reassigned to a new prospect until the conclusion of the next prospect draft conducted by the league.

bigmahon

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 11:44 am

Rant wrote:I think this was the intent [red=delete; caps/bold=addition]:

9) "Prospect Franchising" -- a rule that allows each team in our league HAS the option to designate one prospect as a "franchise pick." This designation would give the team that drafted the player exclusive rights to that individual in perpetuity, AND EXEMPT SAID PLAYER FROM THE TWO YEAR PROSPECT CALL-UP WINDOW ALLOWING THEM TO STAY A PROSPECT until such time as this prospect was IS: (a) traded to a different team, (b) released, or (c) activated as a carded member of the team's roster. When this designation expires, it cannot be reassigned to a new prospect until the conclusion of the next prospect draft conducted by the league.

Thanks Grant. I think that captures the spirit of the rule perfectly. We can go forward with your improved wording of the rule.

unctarheel

PostTue Feb 08, 2022 3:24 pm

As the manager who proposed the rule, I concur with your assessment. My original wording left a lot to be desired, so the new translation is a welcome improvement. This rule definitely influenced how I approached the prospect draft last year. I took Daniel Lynch and Jackson Kowar with the expectation that KC would bring them up quickly, but no one else who was available in their minor league system at the time stood out as a clear third option so I used this rule to bet on a long-term project like Erik Pena.

Ninersphan

PostThu Feb 10, 2022 1:57 pm

Man Plans, God laughs...

Yet again I find my life is about to get turned upside down. My wife has been promoted and her new position will result in us moving...

AGAIN.

Those that have known me a long time on this site should know that this will be my 4th move since Online Strat started and my 6th over all in my married life (I'm convinced I'll have a mortgage until I'm dead. :shock: )

My wife starts March 1 and our goal is to be moved to our new city by April 1st. We may move again shortly after that depending on whether we buy or rent to start.

This is all a long way of saying I may be BUSY during draft season this year. Still planning on participating, just giving fair warning.
Last edited by Ninersphan on Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigmahon

PostFri Feb 11, 2022 3:25 am

Thanks for the heads up Bill. Good luck with the move!

unctarheel

technical question

PostSun Feb 13, 2022 11:51 pm

How does one create and share a league spreadsheet?

bigmahon

Re: technical question

PostMon Feb 14, 2022 2:09 am

unctarheel wrote:How does one create and share a league spreadsheet?

A few old timers still use Excel / email, but the best way is to use Google Sheets which allows you to share a link. If you prefer to create in Excel you can still save to Google Sheets to access that function.

tcochran

PostMon Feb 14, 2022 10:46 am

bigmahon wrote:

A few old timers still use Excel / email, but the best way is to use Google Sheets which allows you to share a link. If you prefer to create in Excel you can still save to Google Sheets to access that function.

If you find a league doc with a format you like, you can copy it and use it as a template for your own.

bigmahon

PostMon Feb 14, 2022 2:50 pm

tcochran wrote:
bigmahon wrote:

If you find a league doc with a format you like, you can copy it and use it as a template for your own.

True. I’m using some tcochran stuff in my leagues. :lol:

unctarheel

PostThu Feb 17, 2022 7:18 pm

unctarheel trades 1st round pick in 2022 free agent draft

to

jerlins

for

Jasson Dominguez (2020 prospect) and Nolan Gorman (2021 prospect)
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat