BOS/2B Big Dance Tournament - CHAT / QUESTIONS

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Daviddec

Re: BOS/2B Big Dance Tournament - CHAT / QUESTIONS

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:06 pm

I think Miguel Cabrera is incorrectly listed in the NL player set. His high dollar year was with Detroit.

pacoboy

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:09 pm

Daviddec wrote:I think Miguel Cabrera is incorrectly listed in the NL player set. His high dollar year was with Detroit.

If he’s in your NL set then please don’t use that card. It’s a duplicate error. His high card is in the AL set

max_fischer

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:33 pm

chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:
max_fischer wrote: You think so? I like Pedro's insane strikeout numbers--makes it easier for me to forget about fielding.

Strikeout numbers and fielding are not related. Every pitcher has the same number and distribution of X chances regardless of how many strikeouts are on the card. You could argue outfield arms are more relevant with fewer strikeouts because of runners advancing, but fielding range wont have any difference.

So then isn't it true that Pedro is in fact overvalued at his salary, due to his S7* status? Are people (such as me) paying more for the strikeouts that actually have little to no in-game impact?

andycummings65

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:37 pm

There's been so much correspondence, I cant remember if I made this up or not. We DO have to put our 2 keepers on our draft list at the salary we drafted them at, correct? No using Hugh Duffy's cheap card to pad our Autodraft cards, I'm thinking.
That's how I am approaching it, but I don't want to penalize myself if that's not correct.

k70s

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 9:55 pm

Excellent question

pacoboy

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:00 pm

andycummings65 wrote:There's been so much correspondence, I cant remember if I made this up or not. We DO have to put our 2 keepers on our draft list at the salary we drafted them at, correct? No using Hugh Duffy's cheap card to pad our Autodraft cards, I'm thinking.
That's how I am approaching it, but I don't want to penalize myself if that's not correct.

100% correct. I stated that clearly in my AL INVITE.

I will invoke a penalty if not followed,

That’s why it’s imperative to join the league so I can reemphasize these points before we draft

Your 2 keepers MUST be on your card at the exact salary/ cards forever including the auto draft. Rank them last, fine, but must be on your draft card

k70s

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:07 pm

You are right. You did state it clearly. So many moving parts when organizing a league like this. It's very well done.

andycummings65

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 10:10 pm

pacoboy wrote:
andycummings65 wrote:There's been so much correspondence, I cant remember if I made this up or not. We DO have to put our 2 keepers on our draft list at the salary we drafted them at, correct? No using Hugh Duffy's cheap card to pad our Autodraft cards, I'm thinking.

100% correct. I stated that clearly in my AL INVITE.

I will invoke a penalty if not followed,

That’s why it’s imperative to join the league so I can reemphasize these points before we draft

Your 2 keepers MUST be on your card at the exact salary/ cards forever including the auto draft. Rank them last, fine, but must be on your draft card

Good. Just wanted to make sure everyone understands that point.
I know how one or two not following draft rules can really bomb a league.

Hamilton17

PostThu Aug 19, 2021 11:47 pm

max_fischer wrote:
chris.sied@yahoo.com wrote:
max_fischer wrote: You think so? I like Pedro's insane strikeout numbers--makes it easier for me to forget about fielding.

Strikeout numbers and fielding are not related. Every pitcher has the same number and distribution of X chances regardless of how many strikeouts are on the card. You could argue outfield arms are more relevant with fewer strikeouts because of runners advancing, but fielding range wont have any difference.

So then isn't it true that Pedro is in fact overvalued at his salary, due to his S7* status? Are people (such as me) paying more for the strikeouts that actually have little to no in-game impact?

The strikeouts do help; just not with fielding. I like Pedro's 11.17M card better, even though it is a non * SP. You get about 20% fewer starts (33 vs. 42), but he allows zero base runners against left handed batters; which is enormously helpful. I think that on a per-batter basis, the 11.17 Pedro is the best pitcher card in the sim.

Also, the S7* for the 11.95 card reduces innings pitched, but not as dramatically as you think. He's so good that he generally pitches well and isn't fatigued going into the 8th inning. You would be looking at 320ish innings for Pedro's 11.95M card vs. 360ish for Alexander or Maddux or Johnson with the S9*.

Where the extra K's come in handy is that it reduces balls in play in general, which reduces sacrifice grounders and sac flies and those sorts of things.

pacoboy

PostFri Aug 20, 2021 6:43 am

AL UPDATE

Just need LeGrandeOrange to enter the AL and we’re full. Waiting for Ejohn1977 to finish our draft.

EXPECTATIONS:

Please try and be locked and loaded and MARKED READY by no later than SUNDAY NIGHT. I think that’s reasonable. I will be the last to Mark READY for the AL so I can coordinate with PETERLE. If you need more time, please be courteous to all and let us know so we’re not trying to hunt you down.

Thank to all. LETS DANCE!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat