9. ironwill1
10. barterer2002
11. Hittmens
12. andycummings65

andycummings65

Re: ANDY'S ALTERNATE HISTORY 13.0

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:19 am

pacoboy wrote:
A 2-Round Dispersal Draft will be created, based on lowest roster payroll to highest to disperse the players from the 4 unselected franchises.

I wish I'd have focused on this earlier. Would be helpful if you put the ROSTER VALUE on the franchise selections as it might make a diff to people's choices.

I think your A's are a good choice. Every team should be competitive, combining roster and dispersal picks.

andycummings65

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:22 am

Franchise Draft Order
1. Main Line Expos - New York Yankees
2. drfreeze - ST. Louis Cardinals
3. Hamilton17 - Brooklyn Dodgers
4. pacoboy - Philadelphia Athletics
5. tkl33 - Cincinnati Reds
6. bontomn - Boston Red Sox
7. caimrisek - Chicago Cubs
8. emart
9. ironwill1
10. barterer2002
11. Hittmens
12. andycummings65

Boston Braves, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Detroit Tigers, New York Giants, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, St. Louis Browns, Washington Senators

Main Line Expos

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:44 am

Andy I want to make sure I understand how the rules work here.

Let me use an example so you can clarify this for me. Take Babe Ruth. Say he is on the Yankees in SEASON 1 AND has a Yankee card for SEASON 2. He is thus NOT a rookie in SEASON 2. Do the Yankees have automatic rights to him in SEASON TWO or do they need to FRANCHISE him? It would seem by the description below that only rookies can be franchised is that correct?

Thanks for helping with this.

You wrote...

We will only do this setup process for Season 1 ONCE.
I hesitate to post too much info, don't want to confuse any issues, but if you want to know how future seasons go, here we go.

The rest of the Seasons will run like this:
AFTER SEASON 1 ends, each squad will have players who "retire." You can figure this out by the Excel File OR by creating your team and searching the player in the ANDYS ATG9 ALTS SEASON 2 pool. If he's not there, he's retired.

Then, I will post the Franchise Pick part of the draft. I will post from the Excel File all the rookies for Season 2 who are assigned to your Team. You get to pick ONE of those guys to be your Franchise Player.
Franchise Players allow us to keep some semblance of each team’s history.
After each team makes that selection, ALL of the rookies who were not selected as someone's Franchise Player go into our 6 Round Draft of Season 2 Rookies on THIS Individual League Chat ALT13.0 thread. After that draft, we each set our Autodraft list from rostered players on your team from Season 1, rookies you drafted, and any unrostered players from Season 1. I will notify you if you have an option to change your Stadium (all stadium choices run in chronological order; once you leave or pass on a Stadium and go to a higher year, you can't go back.)
Then we run Season 2, and so on.

If you want to keep a player who's on your roster from season to season, you must Autodraft him each season.

More info on Franchise Player: Each Franchise has 3 GOLDEN AGE OPTIONS, where the manager can select TWO Franchise Players while forfeiting their First Round pick in the Rookie Draft.
Each manager gets ONE Golden Age Option from Seasons 2-10, and TWO Golden Age Options from Seasons 11-22.
You CANNOT use the Golden Age Option in TWO CONSECUTIVE SEASONS, EXCEPT between Season 10 and Season 11.
Golden Age Option gives the Dodgers a chance to get Snider and Jackie, or the Red Sox get Lynn and Rice, for example.

andycummings65

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:53 am

Answering Main Line's Ruth example:
If you have him on your Season 1 roster, he is automatically yours for Season 2, UNLESS you do not AUTODRAFT him. If you do not Autodraft him, he's eligible to be picked up by anyone.

Yes, only rookies can be a Franchise Pick.

pacoboy

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:56 am

I think your A's are a good choice. Every team should be competitive, combining roster and dispersal picks.

I think so also. However, I also didn't focus on the FRANCISE ROOKIE draft. I assumed when Foxx, Simmons, and Cochrane came in that they'd be mine. Now, I'm not so sure. The future spread sheets also would have been helpful.

You've done this 100 times but for us "newbies" it makes differences. Big differences.

andycummings65

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:59 am

pacoboy wrote:

I think so also. However, I also didn't focus on the FRANCISE ROOKIE draft. I assumed when Foxx, Simmons, and Cochrane came in that they'd be mine. Now, I'm not so sure. The future spread sheets also would have been helpful.

You've done this 100 times but for us "newbies" it makes differences. Big differences.

Did you not get the spreadsheet in the email I sent? You should have that Excel File.

As far as your A's you will definitely want to use the Golden Age Option in Season 3 and use it on two of Foxx, Simmons, Cochrane. That way you get 2 Franchise Picks in Season 3.

Don't worry, I plan on us taking it slow. Every squad can be competitive, or I wouldnt have taken the last pick ;)

pacoboy

PostTue May 18, 2021 11:19 am

As far as your A's you will definitely want to use the Golden Age Option in Season 3 and use it on two of Foxx, Simmons, Cochrane. That way you get 2 Franchise Picks in Season 3.

:shock:

I'm an accountant. I didn't become a lawyer because I loose focus from reading after 30 seconds.

I will definitely do my homework !

Main Line Expos

PostTue May 18, 2021 11:29 am

Another Question Andy.

Is it correct to assume we can draft any card for a multiple card player on our team and then change the card before the season starts? Take for example Hornsby he has several cards with St. Louis. Can they draft $12.16 card and then swap into the $13.30 card after the draft?

Thanks again for helping me understand this.

Daniel

andycummings65

PostTue May 18, 2021 11:30 am

Main Line Expos wrote:Another Question Andy.

Is it correct to assume we can draft any card for a multiple card player on our team and then change the card before the season starts? Take for example Hornsby he has several cards with St. Louis. Can they draft $12.16 card and then swap into the $13.30 card after the draft?

Thanks again for helping me understand this.

Daniel

Yes, this is fine. Any card can represent a player.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat