Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

andycummings65

Re: ANDY'S ALTERNATE HISTORY 13.0

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:11 pm

tkl33 wrote:Question #2-

Is this a DH or no DH?

Question #3-

You stated that Strat allows us to only carry 3 pure RP in this league. Can we, or if we have 4 available, do we have to carry 4?

Both make a huge difference in roster construction.

Thanks Andy,

Tim

DH, ALL THE WAY.

You may carry as many RP-onlys as you want. Having the minimum at 3 instead of 4 helps us in the early Seasons, when RP-onlys aren't as plentiful.

The fact that RP-onlys are not as plentiful in the first 4-5 seasons is something to give GOOD consideration.

tkl33

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:15 pm

Andy,

Thank you sir!

I'm excited to play in this. Wanted to years ago but never got the chance.

Should be a lot of fun!

Tim

andycummings65

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:16 pm

Franchise Draft Order
1. Main Line Expos - New York Yankees
2. drfreeze - ST. Louis Cardinals
3. Hamilton17 - Brooklyn Dodgers
4. pacoboy - Philadelphia Athletics
5. tkl33 - Cincinnati Reds
6. bontomn
7. caimrisek
8. emart
9. ironwill1
10. barterer2002
11. Hittmens
12. andycummings65

barterer2002

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:42 pm

So just to make sure I have it clear in my head.

Season 1 I draft Joe Blow. He played from 1888-1904. He’s eligible for season 1 but I’ll retire before season 2
Any player that I had active at the end of season 1 I retain the rights to In season 2. But anyone that retires must be replaced
I have the rights to any new players on my franchise and there is a dispersal draft for players who played for franchises not being used? And players who appear on cards for two franchises are awarded to the franchise with the higher dollar figure (although the franchise can use any of the cards).

Now let’s suppose I make my initial rosters. I don’t select James Bond for my team. All the other franchises have the right to pick him up? Or do i. retain his rights forever.

Are negro league players out entirely?

Thanks for this Andy

andycummings65

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:49 pm

barterer2002 wrote:So just to make sure I have it clear in my head.

Season 1 I draft Joe Blow. He played from 1888-1904. He’s eligible for season 1 but I’ll retire before season 2
Any player that I had active at the end of season 1 I retain the rights to In season 2. But anyone that retires must be replaced
I have the rights to any new players on my franchise and there is a dispersal draft for players who played for franchises not being used? And players who appear on cards for two franchises are awarded to the franchise with the higher dollar figure (although the franchise can use any of the cards).

Now let’s suppose I make my initial rosters. I don’t select James Bond for my team. All the other franchises have the right to pick him up? Or do i. retain his rights forever.

Are negro league players out entirely?

Thanks for this Andy

Paragraph 1 is correct.
Paragraph 2 is NOT
Paragraph 3----if you dont Autodraft him for each Season you want to keep him, anyone can grab him
No NeLs

Addressing Paragraph 2---There is only ONE Dispersal Draft, which happens before we play Season 1. Remember, we said that the 4 unselected Franchise cease to exist. You as manager have the Rights to draft ONE PLAYER EACH SEASON as your Franchise Player, this occurs BEFORE our 6 Round Rookie Draft. The Franchise Player gives each team a chance to make sure to get 1 player from your Franchise per Season.
Let's say the Yankees...... Gehrig begins play in Season 2, along with, among others, Mike Gazella and Bob Meusel. The Yankees manager can select ONE of those guys as Franchise Player. The others go into the regular rookie Draft for Season 2, to be grabbed by whoever drafts him in our 6 Round Draft.

barterer2002

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:54 pm

Ok. Thank you. Now I just need to get to me so I can draft a franchise.

andycummings65

PostMon May 17, 2021 10:03 pm

We will only do this setup process for Season 1 ONCE.
I hesitate to post too much info, don't want to confuse any issues, but if you want to know how future seasons go, here we go.

The rest of the Seasons will run like this:
AFTER SEASON 1 ends, each squad will have players who "retire." You can figure this out by the Excel File OR by creating your team and searching the player in the ANDYS ATG9 ALTS SEASON 2 pool. If he's not there, he's retired.

Then, I will post the Franchise Pick part of the draft. I will post from the Excel File all the rookies for Season 2 who are assigned to your Team. You get to pick ONE of those guys to be your Franchise Player.
Franchise Players allow us to keep some semblance of each team’s history.
After each team makes that selection, ALL of the rookies who were not selected as someone's Franchise Player go into our 6 Round Draft of Season 2 Rookies on THIS Individual League Chat ALT13.0 thread. After that draft, we each set our Autodraft list from rostered players on your team from Season 1, rookies you drafted, and any unrostered players from Season 1. I will notify you if you have an option to change your Stadium (all stadium choices run in chronological order; once you leave or pass on a Stadium and go to a higher year, you can't go back.)
Then we run Season 2, and so on.

If you want to keep a player who's on your roster from season to season, you must Autodraft him each season.

More info on Franchise Player: Each Franchise has 3 GOLDEN AGE OPTIONS, where the manager can select TWO Franchise Players while forfeiting their First Round pick in the Rookie Draft.
Each manager gets ONE Golden Age Option from Seasons 2-10, and TWO Golden Age Options from Seasons 11-22.
You CANNOT use the Golden Age Option in TWO CONSECUTIVE SEASONS, EXCEPT between Season 10 and Season 11.
Golden Age Option gives the Dodgers a chance to get Snider and Jackie, or the Red Sox get Lynn and Rice, for example.

pacoboy

PostTue May 18, 2021 9:52 am

bump

Franchise Draft Order
6. bontomn
7. caimrisek
8. emart
9. ironwill1
10. barterer2002
11. Hittmens
12. andycummings65

bontomn

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:01 am

Franchise Draft Order
6. bontomn - Boston Red Sox
7. caimrisek
8. emart
9. ironwill1
10. barterer2002
11. Hittmens
12. andycummings65

pacoboy

PostTue May 18, 2021 10:06 am

A 2-Round Dispersal Draft will be created, based on lowest roster payroll to highest to disperse the players from the 4 unselected franchises.

I wish I'd have focused on this earlier. Would be helpful if you put the ROSTER VALUE on the franchise selections as it might make a diff to people's choices.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat