Auto League 454915 Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

freeman

Re: Auto League 454915 Chat

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 12:42 pm

klx22 wrote:The Duffers & the Sluggers to battle in the Finals! I would say my 7-17 regular season record makes freeman a slight favorite. Good luck! :mrgreen:

I dont know...given Hal's penchant for shaking things up...a 7-17 regular season record probably makes you the favorite. Also, my poor finals' track record...

Good luck! I'll need it... :D

joethejet

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 12:42 am

Two teams with excellent one run records facing off!

The Duffer/East Cobb series was super close, but the road team finally got a wine. Splinter made it exciting in the bottom of the9th, getting the tying run to the plate, but Mercado missed a 1-3 single to end the game.

Good luck to both teams in the playoffs!

klx22

PostWed Jul 14, 2021 7:47 am

We split to start. Best of 5 now.

freeman

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 1:47 pm

The ending of Game 4...

Joe Buck: "That's now two out for the Duffers. One more out and the Slugs gain a commanding 3-1 lead in the series..."

Sluggo (Slugs' manager): "Come on Lindy! One more out and the world series is ours!"
Buck: "The Duffers are down to their last strike. Swung on and hit into the gap, Marisnick cant get to it and will roll to the wall...Duffers have the tying run at second with the dangerous Tatis coming up."
Sluggo: "Why'd you throw the hook! He wasnt getting around on the heater! (to pitching coach) It's JB time!"
Pitching coach: "ill go get it! How big a pour?
Sluggo: "Not Jim Beam, idiot. Get our pitcher!"

Joe Buck: "That's all for Lindbloom. Sluggo calls for Wendelken to face Tatis..."
Smoltz: "He's tough on righties. Should be a good match-up between him and Tatis..."
Buck: "0-2 pitch and it hits him. Tatis didnt exactly dive out of the way..."
Sluggo: "What! What! He didnt move, blue! You gotta try to get out of the way!"
Sluggo (to pitching coach). "What else we got?"
Pitching coach: "Is it time for whiskey now boss?"
Sluggo: "No idiot! Do we have anyone that can get out a lefty?"
Pitching coach: "Nah, we used Freddy and Hater is not available..."
Sluggo: "Let us pray..."
Buck: "This brings up Stewart..."
Smoltz: "Sluggo doesnt like leaving Wendelken in versus lefties...but he has little choice here."
Buck: "Here comes the pitch...the ball is crushed to center over Marisnick's head and hits the base of the wall. Smith scores easily. Tatis is rounding third...relay to the plate. safe! Just under the tag of Nido...Duffers tie up the series."
Pitching coach: "Now is it time...?"
Sluggo: "Just give me the bottle!"

Game 5...

Buck: "Hello everyone. Game 5 of the series is about ready to begin. We're getting reports that the Slugs' manager is laid up with in the hospital with a GI complaint..."
Smoltz: "Too bad. We wanted to ask him why he is not starting Ryu who is available on 4 days rest and instead going with Oviedo, who is one of their worst pitchers."
Doctor (taking a history): "How many bottles of whiskey did you have again?"
Sluggo: "Before or after the brothel?"

klx22

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 2:51 pm

Commentary is hilarious, but spot on! We don’t stand a chance against Ryu tonight!

freeman

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 3:42 pm

Sluggo: "Yes! But of course! Oviedo will pitch game 5 and we'll save Ryu for game 6 to close out the series. I'm such a genius!"
Pitching coach: "Uh, might it be better to go with Ryu, Houck and Burnes in games 5, 6, 7 and avoid having to use Oviedo who had a 4.71 ERA in the regular season...
Sluggo: "Silence! You cannot possibly understand the fourth dimensional chess I am playing here..."

klx22

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 10:53 pm

The inevitable Game 7. Free beer at Moe’s if the Duffers defy gravity!

freeman

PostFri Jul 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Rats! Good game but lost 2-1. That was my best chance with Ryu going...now it's just a flip of the coin. Yep, you just knew there was going to be a game 7...

I will see if there is any last minute strategy to best Mahle, who has yet to give up a run in the play-offs...

joethejet

PostSat Jul 17, 2021 12:51 pm

freeman wrote:The ending of Game 4...

Joe Buck: "That's now two out for the Duffers. One more out and the Slugs gain a commanding 3-1 lead in the series..."

Sluggo (Slugs' manager): "Come on Lindy! One more out and the world series is ours!"
Buck: "The Duffers are down to their last strike. Swung on and hit into the gap, Marisnick cant get to it and will roll to the wall...Duffers have the tying run at second with the dangerous Tatis coming up."
Sluggo: "Why'd you throw the hook! He wasnt getting around on the heater! (to pitching coach) It's JB time!"
Pitching coach: "ill go get it! How big a pour?
Sluggo: "Not Jim Beam, idiot. Get our pitcher!"

Joe Buck: "That's all for Lindbloom. Sluggo calls for Wendelken to face Tatis..."
Smoltz: "He's tough on righties. Should be a good match-up between him and Tatis..."
Buck: "0-2 pitch and it hits him. Tatis didnt exactly dive out of the way..."
Sluggo: "What! What! He didnt move, blue! You gotta try to get out of the way!"
Sluggo (to pitching coach). "What else we got?"
Pitching coach: "Is it time for whiskey now boss?"
Sluggo: "No idiot! Do we have anyone that can get out a lefty?"
Pitching coach: "Nah, we used Freddy and Hater is not available..."
Sluggo: "Let us pray..."
Buck: "This brings up Stewart..."
Smoltz: "Sluggo doesnt like leaving Wendelken in versus lefties...but he has little choice here."
Buck: "Here comes the pitch...the ball is crushed to center over Marisnick's head and hits the base of the wall. Smith scores easily. Tatis is rounding third...relay to the plate. safe! Just under the tag of Nido...Duffers tie up the series."
Pitching coach: "Now is it time...?"
Sluggo: "Just give me the bottle!"

Game 5...

Buck: "Hello everyone. Game 5 of the series is about ready to begin. We're getting reports that the Slugs' manager is laid up with in the hospital with a GI complaint..."
Smoltz: "Too bad. We wanted to ask him why he is not starting Ryu who is available on 4 days rest and instead going with Oviedo, who is one of their worst pitchers."
Doctor (taking a history): "How many bottles of whiskey did you have again?"
Sluggo: "Before or after the brothel?"

OMG, LMFAO. This was hilarious.Loved it. Still giggling.

Good luck tonight. I'm rooting for Freeman just for the writeup! ;) :lol:

klx22

PostSun Jul 18, 2021 11:54 am

Free beer at Moe’s from 12-2 today and all week for Freeman!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat