Auto League 454915 Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Auto League 454915 Chat

PostFri May 14, 2021 1:09 am

Hey Guys,

Figured it would be fun to talk about about SOM as a group and here's a chance to air your happy and, not so happy, moments during the season.

Also, be cool if guys want to talk about their team and maybe what your goals were.

If we get enough chat here, I'll post ratings for all the teams around the halfway point. It takes that long for rosters to stablize and pitching habits to be clear.

Anyway, I'll start by talking about my team: As you might be able to guess, I was trying to have a Giants flavor to my squad. I picked a bunch last year and this year Giants. Hard to get too many for cap and other reasons and I missed out on B. Craw at SS which was a bummer. I'm curious to see how Menez will do, low hits, but a bunch of hrs so....

Not sure I have enough pitching to be any good, but I *think* we'll hit. Lost Dickerson for 10 games in game three so that's a bummer. We did manage to squeeze out one game on the first night.

freeman

Re: Auto League 454915 Chat

PostFri May 14, 2021 2:10 am

I got a Marlins team. Went with three good starters and four cheap match-up pitchers (two vs left and two vs right). Hopefuly enough relief to get by. Hitting is basically high batting avg/on-base with a lot of doubles and some guys with bp power to help survive in power parks. Got some guys I like in Evans and Hayes. Kind of feels like one of my better teams but we'll see. Good start at least! But a lot of times I get weird first night results so wont make to much of that. This set has been a struggle. Not that ive done badly--though Ive had a couple of clunkers--but getting that really good team has been elusive. Probably not going to happen in this league either because it looks pretty tough.

klx22

PostFri May 14, 2021 5:16 am

I have had similar experiences with this set so far. I felt this was one of the better teams I had put together so far, only to get swept by freeman to start the season. Hopefully we bounce back, but not the start I was looking for.

DERRICKSANSON

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:36 am

This is my 8th actual 2020 team. Basically had the same team for the first 7. People figure it out eventually so I changed this team up a bit. I'm a spread sheet guy that analyze the cards based on runs created formula.
So this team is Value starters and top bullpen.
Value hitters with good defense. My first try at using two top $$ hitters DJ Lemahieu & S Perez. Wish I had used Camden as ballpark. ended up with more RH hitting that I expected.

Hoping good D will help starters get to Bullpen.

freeman

PostFri May 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Derricksanson is a better player than I am; I've seen his teams. Ive kind of hit my ceiling as a player...probably going to have to number crunch to get any better. Yeah...Im probably too lazy to do that. (Of course in ATG Diammonddope does do number crunching and it still aint easy.) And I always like to be in competitive leagues because it's a challenge and more interesting (and my division mates here are all as good or better than me) but then I lose and I blame it on Hal and why is he out to get me...

joethejet

PostFri May 14, 2021 6:39 pm

Love the chatter guys. There *are* some good managers in this league for sure. Can't wait to get all the teams entered into my ratings spreadsheet and see what they look like. :)

freeman

PostSun May 16, 2021 1:40 pm

The Duffers got off of the mat after a horrific first night to go 6-0 since then...my high ba/on-base team has been that so far with a .278/.361./.394 line ...no pitchers with catastrophic numbers...yet...In Search Of Mystery: why did I get Swanson when he hits like .250 on his card in my home park?

joethejet

PostMon May 17, 2021 2:06 am

freeman wrote:The Duffers got off of the mat after a horrific first night to go 6-0 since then...my high ba/on-base team has been that so far with a .278/.361./.394 line ...no pitchers with catastrophic numbers...yet...In Search Of Mystery: why did I get Swanson when he hits like .250 on his card in my home park?

I dunno, maybe you should ask the guy who picked him up??? ;)

freeman

PostMon May 17, 2021 2:32 am

joethejet wrote:
freeman wrote:The Duffers got off of the mat after a horrific first night to go 6-0 since then...my high ba/on-base team has been that so far with a .278/.361./.394 line ...no pitchers with catastrophic numbers...yet...In Search Of Mystery: why did I get Swanson when he hits like .250 on his card in my home park?

A team spokesperson said "mistakes were made" in the Swanson selection indicating his low batting average was a "known known" that somehow became "unknown".

joethejet

PostTue May 18, 2021 1:51 am

freeman wrote:
joethejet wrote:

A team spokesperson said "mistakes were made" in the Swanson selection indicating his low batting average was a "known known" that somehow became "unknown".

LOL :lol: :lol:

Might be a little rough for us in the next series. Belt and Pinder are out so E Gonzalez starting v RHP at 3b with La Stella moving to 1b....Gonna be interesting!
Next

Return to Individual League Chat