honestiago

Re: RANDOMINATION-Season 1-Settings and Parks Assigned

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:46 pm

RH power hitter Robinson in Lefty park.

I'm (semi) doooooooomed....

eveldrive

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:49 pm

Thanks I understand now how the random selections were made. But one more question, we use the 1901+ set, but only for post war and later. So what is the beginning year for that period?

BDWard

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:51 pm

The NeL cards are included in the Post WWII and beyond card set. Are they eligible for this league?

honestiago

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:55 pm

Good question. I'd say we go with 1947, Jackie's first year. It's not exactly right after the war, but it's one of baseball's shining moments, so...let's go with that.:-)

honestiago

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:56 pm

BDWard wrote:The NeL cards are included in the Post WWII and beyond card set. Are they eligible for this league?

I feel like NeL players should be considered Pre-War, since we're defining "Post war" also as "Post integration."

BDWard

PostWed May 19, 2021 7:59 pm

Deleted
Last edited by BDWard on Wed May 19, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paul_Long71

PostWed May 19, 2021 8:19 pm

I believe we are supposed to use post-war (1947 and later) BUT...you may use your franchise player regardless of the set used. Therefore we use the all eras set but only put guys from 1947 and later on our Autodraft card. Correct me if I'm wrong Honestiago.

BDWard

PostWed May 19, 2021 8:30 pm

Here's what the rules say on page 1 of this thread:

PLAYER SETS: Since there is no easy way to randomize the player pool (anymore), we will generate our player pool as follows:
1: All players
2: 1901+
3: All players through Pre (includes NeL)
4: All players post and after
5: Expansion Teams only
6: The team with the worst record from previous season chooses the player set (tie breaker=head-to-head, then “coin flp” [random numbers])

So it appears from the rules that we will be using the card set of "all players" in the ATG set for purposes of being able to use our two keepers (if we used any other set as the "base" set Main Line Expos would be unable to use one of his keepers, Hughie Jeniings), but that the rest of the team must be selected from the subset being used for each league, in the present case being Post WWII and beyond, with non-keeper NeL players being eligible only for prewar and earlier. Is this correct?

honestiago

PostWed May 19, 2021 9:38 pm

Paul_Long71 wrote:I believe we are supposed to use post-war (1947 and later) BUT...you may use your franchise player regardless of the set used. Therefore we use the all eras set but only put guys from 1947 and later on our Autodraft card. Correct me if I'm wrong Honestiago.

That is correct.

honestiago

PostWed May 19, 2021 9:40 pm

BDWard wrote:Here's what the rules say on page 1 of this thread:

PLAYER SETS: Since there is no easy way to randomize the player pool (anymore), we will generate our player pool as follows:
1: All players
2: 1901+
3: All players through Pre (includes NeL)
4: All players post and after
5: Expansion Teams only
6: The team with the worst record from previous season chooses the player set (tie breaker=head-to-head, then “coin flp” [random numbers])

So it appears from the rules that we will be using the card set of "all players" in the ATG set for purposes of being able to use our two keepers (if we used any other set as the "base" set Main Line Expos would be unable to use one of his keepers, Hughie Jeniings), but that the rest of the team must be selected from the subset being used for each league, in the present case being Post WWII and beyond, with non-keeper NeL players being eligible only for prewar and earlier. Is this correct?

Correct. I had forgotten about Jennings, so we have to use the All Players by default, then select other players based on the random subset. I wish it was like the last iteration, where we’d always have a random draft pool, but you can have that as a selection any more unfortunately.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat