NLD 56 Game Hitting Streak

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 56 Game Hitting Streak

PostTue May 04, 2021 1:46 am

Don't you hate it when you win 19-0 in one game and then lose 4-0 in the next one? It's like "just save a few of those runs for the next game!" :roll: :lol:

klx22

PostTue May 04, 2021 5:14 am

joethejet wrote:Don't you hate it when you win 19-0 in one game and then lose 4-0 in the next one? It's like "just save a few of those runs for the next game!" :roll: :lol:

Yes! It's like a foregone conclusion for me if we get one of the headlines, we lose the other 2 games.

RandyW64

PostWed May 05, 2021 12:23 pm

joethejet wrote:Don't you hate it when you win 19-0 in one game and then lose 4-0 in the next one? It's like "just save a few of those runs for the next game!" :roll: :lol:

I would have loved to average those out and win both! But KLX is right -- seems when you blow someone out, the very next game you can't seem to score. Pretty similar to MLB right?

RandyW64

PostWed May 05, 2021 12:25 pm

joethejet wrote:
milleram wrote:RP Anderson is just killing me in this league---lots of blown saves and resulting losses. He tends to get beat up at least every other appearance so far, he may win Cy-Young in a different league I am in--he will be my all-time saves guy when that league is done. You never know.

Yeah, it's funny how different leagues are different. I've always thought it would be interesting to run two NLDs in parallel to see if you get different results. The problem I haven't been able to resolve is how you treat Free Agent pickups. Do you make teams make the same move in both leagues? If not, are you really testing anything?

I like that idea Joe!! However, as my wife says "gotta roll the dice, it is still a dice game." So, in theory the results would be similar -- the luck factor would change it up.

joethejet

PostWed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Yeah, it would be interesting to see anyway.

As for my team, the last three series our offense has gone in the tank. We've been shutout 4 times and have scored a single run in the other two losses. In our 3 wins we've scored 20 runs. You guys want to spread that out a bit? Sheesh.

Yeah, if you did the math, we've scored all of 22 runs over 9 games. Ugh :o :shock: :cry:

milleram

PostThu May 06, 2021 3:10 am

I have played the same league over and over with the windows game---letting the computer play the games. No salaried leagues though. This league had teams that were clearly superior to most teams. This was in the 90's though and the AI was clearly different than online--simpler but it was better in the long run--I always used no injuries, but set it to avoid overuse, so players with 100-400 PA for the year always ended up within 10% generally.

There could be as much as a 12 game swing between seasons fairly often, especially among the .500ish teams, with the bulk of the bell curve being +/- 5 games. The same team didn't finish 1st all the time. Over 20-30 replays one team was 8 games on average better than the 2nd place team and finished 1st about 5 of 6 times.

But with teams this evenly matched (assuming pricing is fair) I think playing the league 12 times would yield quite a few different results--the superior teams would probably emerge--but I doubt the same set of teams would be in the playoffs more than half the time--and maybe only a third.

I tried plugging in on-line teams to the windows game with the 2012 player set and playing the seasons in the pre-season to see if I could get any info to make changes before 1st game drop penalties (which were 20% all year then)--it was a miserable failure though--the difference in AI between the windows game and online was so great I couldn't get any reliable info--windows AI refused to use the low use players unless I only put 8 or 9 hitters on the team--and even then it was just a different beast.

You don't have to look any further than Semper. He has a +31 run differential 64 games in--and is 4 games under .500 in last, he could easily be 4 games over, and should be.

Jeepdriver

PostSun May 09, 2021 9:41 am

Wife and I BOTH got food poisoning, hers started late Wed. night, me Thu. morning. It's the absolute worst thing you can go through, you want to die! And since we both had it we couldn't take care of each other. Still probably only about 20% now, but finally able to do a few things.

Spider 67

PostSun May 09, 2021 10:05 am

Jeepdriver wrote:Wife and I BOTH got food poisoning, hers started late Wed. night, me Thu. morning. It's the absolute worst thing you can go through, you want to die! And since we both had it we couldn't take care of each other. Still probably only about 20% now, but finally able to do a few things.

Wow! I don't think I've ever had to go through that! And both of you at the same time! Hope you are better by the end of today. Do you know where or how you got it?

Jeepdriver

PostSun May 09, 2021 1:44 pm

We're pretty sure we do, but can't be for certain.

joethejet

PostSun May 09, 2021 3:54 pm

Jeepdriver wrote:Wife and I BOTH got food poisoning, hers started late Wed. night, me Thu. morning. It's the absolute worst thing you can go through, you want to die! And since we both had it we couldn't take care of each other. Still probably only about 20% now, but finally able to do a few things.

Sorry to hear that Jeep. :( Hopefully your wife is feeling better for Mother's Day.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat