NLD 56 Game Hitting Streak

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

joethejet

Re: NLD 56 Game Hitting Streak

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 3:44 pm

Spider 67 wrote:Lopez has an 18 Balk rating. I don't think I've ever used an 18 Balk rating pitcher. He successively balked in the tying and winning run in a game last night. Grrrrrr. :evil:

I think the high/low ratings this year are due to the SSS that comes with a 60 game season.

Hey, you get gimpy and you're gonna get taken behind the shed!

LOL :lol: :lol: I guess so!

joethejet

PostSat Apr 24, 2021 8:51 pm

How to lose a game in the bottom of the 14th......

Out
Walk,
H&R ground out
Int Walk
Walk
HBP

Ouch! :shock: :o

Tough way to drop one.....

Spider 67

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 9:58 am

joethejet wrote:How to lose a game in the bottom of the 14th......

Out
Walk,
H&R ground out
Int Walk
Walk
HBP

But my guys couldn't pull out the next two1-run games. :( :cry:

joethejet

PostSun Apr 25, 2021 6:23 pm

Spider 67 wrote:
joethejet wrote:How to lose a game in the bottom of the 14th......

Out
Walk,
H&R ground out
Int Walk
Walk
HBP

But my guys couldn't pull out the next two1-run games. :( :cry:

True, we did manage to squeak out the other two.

Lots of moves being made....Come on guys, give us the low down on the "why fors" of the moves!

klx22

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 7:37 am

The Quakes were drastically underperforming and in an attempt to suck less, we made a move or 10.

joethejet

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 4:07 pm

klx22 wrote:The Quakes were drastically underperforming and in an attempt to suck less, we made a move or 10.

Yeah, just a few moves there! You weren't *that* bad....

RandyW64

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 6:02 pm

My thinking of the moves:

I didn't like how RH my team was, and tried to work out a trade for Soto just before the season started but was not able to do so. Although I really like Ke'Bryan Hayes, I could see the writing on the wall that he was not going to be able to carry the team to a solid 3rd place finish in my division.

So, my moves were centered around getting Soto, and then filling in at positions, as well as being a little more balanced LH/RH wise. Again, looking for solid 3rd place finish!

PLUS -- the Quakes made moves, and Keith is clearly a solid manager, so figured "if it is good enough for the Quakes, it definitely is good enough for the Lowly Lightning!" (Which will be my team name next season :) )

Randy

klx22

PostFri Apr 30, 2021 5:26 pm

randal64 wrote:My thinking of the moves:

PLUS -- the Quakes made moves, and Keith is clearly a solid manager, so figured "if it is good enough for the Quakes, it definitely is good enough for the Lowly Lightning!" (Which will be my team name next season :) )

Randy

I appreciate the shot out, Randy, but there a lot of solid managers here. Fun fact, the entire Central Division are former Players' Championship winners.

milleram

PostMon May 03, 2021 3:21 pm

RP Anderson is just killing me in this league---lots of blown saves and resulting losses. He tends to get beat up at least every other appearance so far, he may win Cy-Young in a different league I am in--he will be my all-time saves guy when that league is done. You never know.

joethejet

PostMon May 03, 2021 4:04 pm

milleram wrote:RP Anderson is just killing me in this league---lots of blown saves and resulting losses. He tends to get beat up at least every other appearance so far, he may win Cy-Young in a different league I am in--he will be my all-time saves guy when that league is done. You never know.

Yeah, it's funny how different leagues are different. I've always thought it would be interesting to run two NLDs in parallel to see if you get different results. The problem I haven't been able to resolve is how you treat Free Agent pickups. Do you make teams make the same move in both leagues? If not, are you really testing anything?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat