"GLORY DAYS" LEAGUE - 2018

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

tcochran

Re: "GLORY DAYS" LEAGUE - LOADING 2009 TEAMS

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:11 am

No email response from Tom yesterday. Wonder if he's stuck in bad weather in the Carolinas?

tpiercersn@aol.com

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:23 am

No email response from Tom yesterday. Wonder if he's stuck in bad weather in the Carolinas?[/quote]

Weather was an issue. Thanks to Terry for giving me an option to fix my roster issue. I'm dropping Juan Gutierrez RP ARI and picking up Estaban German UTL TEX.

I'll get my line up posted in a few minutes.

Thanks for your patience.

TOM

fredpaii

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:36 am

Guys, I have a proposal. Nothing more, nothing less...just a proposal.

How about we rule when we don't have the necessary number of either eligible pitchers or hitters to fill the SOM draft for a particular season it immediately gets turned over to the Commissioner. Why? Because our non-qualifying SOM draft list roster is essentially illegal for entry into the draft. If we don't pick enough eligible players to fill a SOM draft list for a given year that is obviously our mistake (and it's an illegal pick). Why not just have the Commissioner rectify that mistake (lets say within 15 minutes or so for the sake of the other players in the league that did nothing wrong) by cutting the last pick which was mistakenly made and replacing it with whatever position player or pitcher necessary to have a SOM ready draft list for that particular season?

I'm not sure why we're giving anyone the option to trade a player that is essentially illegal. If you think about it you'll see that the extra pitcher (in this case Juan Gutierrez) is ILLEGAL. As an illegal pick why would you be able to trade it? It just delays things for no good reason. Basically the offending team owner gets rewarded with extra time to figure stuff out. That's what we have now. Why reward that behavior? If the Commish was allowed to fix it right away as I suggest then no delays and no preferential treatment for screwing up. Now I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings but if I did...oh well. I'm not perfect either! LOL

Basically all I'm asking is for the Commissioner to take over in instances like this current one we're in the middle of. Except that with the Commissioner in charge of cleaning up the bad roster it would be a MUCH quicker process to deal with. Mainly to go over what's needed for a given team and search the FA list to resolve the issue quickly. And we'd all be playing ball sooner.

fredpaii

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 9:43 am

tpiercersn@aol.com wrote:No email response from Tom yesterday. Wonder if he's stuck in bad weather in the Carolinas?

Weather was an issue. Thanks to Terry for giving me an option to fix my roster issue. I'm dropping Juan Gutierrez RP ARI and picking up Estaban German UTL TEX.

TOM[/quote]

dinermike took German in the 9th round.

seanreflex

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 6:09 pm

fredpaii wrote:
tpiercersn@aol.com wrote:No email response from Tom yesterday. Wonder if he's stuck in bad weather in the Carolinas?

TOM

dinermike took German in the 9th round.[/quote]

:o :shock: :lol:

DinerMike

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:38 pm

Guess we'll see if I get German or not.... :mrgreen:

tcochran

PostFri Oct 29, 2021 8:59 pm

DinerMike wrote:Guess we'll see if I get German or not.... :mrgreen:

Tom wrote back that he was traveling today, so draft that runs tonight might go sideways a bit.

No worries, we'll get it sorted :D

DinerMike

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 12:41 am

tcochran wrote:

Tom wrote back that he was traveling today, so draft that runs tonight might go sideways a bit.

Sigh... :|

When is Tom back so we can fix German ??

fredpaii

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 1:03 am

DinerMike wrote:
tcochran wrote:

Sigh... :|

When is Tom back so we can fix German ??

Maybe whoever has the Commissioner designation in the SOM game engine can pluck German off of his roster for you. I'm not sure though. It's either that or pray for decent weather in the Carolina's babe! :lol:

fredpaii

PostSat Oct 30, 2021 1:36 am

Oh shit, MFL536 has one of my players on his team. Please release Catcher Jose Molina ASAP.

Thank you!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat