To Sean for

Jazz Chisholm 2B MIA
Tyler Matzek RP ATL

Sean to confirm!!!

CONFIRMED - SPM

unctarheel

Re: TSL Keeper League- Chat, Updates: NL Start

PostFri Sep 09, 2022 9:21 pm

D.J. Peters and Zack McKinstry are available cheap if anyone could use one or the other as a bench player on their combined roster.

Terry101

Re: TSL Keeper League- Chat, Updates: NL Start

PostSat Sep 10, 2022 11:30 am

We'll get going on the combined roster league in a few days. I'll set up the league next week.

seanreflex

Re: TSL Keeper League- Chat, Updates: Combined AL/NL League

PostMon Sep 12, 2022 1:57 pm

My TSL AL team has disappeared from my list of recently completed teams. It is not in my team archives either.

Does anyone have their TSL AL team and if so can you send me a link to the league? Thanks.

TERRY: I'm going to email you a spreadsheet regarding draft order. Thanks.

seanreflex

PostMon Sep 12, 2022 3:32 pm

ATTENTION TSL MANAGERS:

I just finished going through AL and NL Rosters on the League sheet. All players marked in BOLD LETTERS are now in the opposite league. You'll most likely need to drop these players prior to the drafts, unless TSL happens to give the player a card for a team in the associated league.

Once Terry gets his "TOP 100 PLAYERS" list in the spring, he'll determine appropriate compensatory picks to be awarded.

Also, I marked all players who are out of the league in italics. You'll have to drop these players.

There are many players that did not play in 2022 and will not be carded next year, but are still under contract with their team. You can keep these players.

If you have any questions at all about any of your rostered players, let me know and I'll gladly dig into it.

Good luck in the upcoming COMBINED AL/NL LEAGUE.

Sean

unctarheel

PostMon Sep 12, 2022 6:16 pm

As one of the newest members of the league, would someone please indulge me and explain the logic of not allowing franchises to retain rights to players that switch leagues?

seanreflex

PostMon Sep 12, 2022 7:05 pm

unctarheel wrote:As one of the newest members of the league, would someone please indulge me and explain the logic of not allowing franchises to retain rights to players that switch leagues?

This league was Terry's brain child, so he may elaborate more. The league was established with the current set of rules, to give it some "twists" that make it different, and challenging in different ways, than the majority of "Keeper" leagues that currently exist. Running the risk of losing a star player to another league is one of those twists.

Terry built in a compensation plan to offset devastating losses of the likes of Mookie Betts. He also came up with other things, like the 3 team format, that in my mind, and I"m assuming the minds of most of the other managers, makes it fun and interesting.

There's not another keeper league like this one. There are "AL Only", "NL Only", but no combos and none that combine the best of the two teams like our 3rd team does. I like it.

There are tons of other keeper leagues that play the basic, 12-team, 40 man roster with prospects and separate FA & prospect drafts. Most are very, very cookie-cutter similar. This one gives us a chance to employ different strategies.

Hope that helps, Tar Heel! Thanks.

unctarheel

PostMon Sep 12, 2022 9:27 pm

Yes, thank you. That gives me the kind of background info that I was seeking given my lack of experience with keeper leagues.

mesacat

PostTue Sep 13, 2022 10:19 am

Color me confused again. If a player switches leagues this year it will not be affected for Strat until the 2022 card set comes out. We have been playing with the 2021 data set for both the AL and NL seasons. We are playing LAST SEASON and as long as league switches occured after the 2021 card set was released we should be allowed to use them for the combined league. What am I missing?

waynick

PostTue Sep 13, 2022 12:07 pm

You can use them this season. I believe Sean was talking about the upcoming season for the 2022 card set.
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat