RE: NL DRAFT

BIGMAHON & JOKER - Please post your NL drops ASAP. Thanks,

Sean

mesacat

Re: TSL Keeper League- Chat, Updates, Trades

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 5:10 pm

hi
sean

Thanks for the correction on O'neill. I've found another mixup on the Roster I inherited. All good though. Jordan Montgomery and Tyler Duffey are SPs and not RPs. Jonathan Loaisigna is a RP not an SP. I guess my newbieness led me to take too long to suess it out. Also Scott Barlow, who I believe is one of my RPs is listed as available in white on the pitchers tab. If other owners really use ctrlF no problem but if they take the easy way? But as I said, AllGood-thanks again for the work you do

mesacat (Evan)

dc irish

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 5:22 pm

Terry101 wrote:
seanreflex wrote:We will be going to a 1 hour clock for Round 2 and subsequent rounds.

The rules when the league was chartered state that the NL League is a no-DH league. Rules also state that any rules interpretations and clarifications shall be decided by the commissioner.

So, Terry, is this year's NL League a "DH" or a "NO DH" league?

Correct on the 1 hour time slots starting in the 2nd round- Use proxies

Since the NL did not use the DH last year (the year that we are playing) we can not use the DH this season. Of course we will use the DH after this season.

I think these are things that need to get voted on. I don't disagree with the outcome, but if it's a league rule that's not a "interprutation or clarification" issue. Would rather set precedence on proper procedure with issues we agree on as a league than run into conflict where there's a controversial issue before us I think. Better to be "correct" I think per league rules.

Terry101

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm

dc irish wrote:
Terry101 wrote:
seanreflex wrote:We will be going to a 1 hour clock for Round 2 and subsequent rounds.

The rules when the league was chartered state that the NL League is a no-DH league. Rules also state that any rules interpretations and clarifications shall be decided by the commissioner.

So, Terry, is this year's NL League a "DH" or a "NO DH" league?

Correct on the 1 hour time slots starting in the 2nd round- Use proxies

Since the NL did not use the DH last year (the year that we are playing) we can not use the DH this season. Of course we will use the DH after this season.

I think these are things that need to get voted on. I don't disagree with the outcome, but if it's a league rule that's not a "interprutation or clarification" issue. Would rather set precedence on proper procedure with issues we agree on as a league than run into conflict where there's a controversial issue before us I think. Better to be "correct" I think per league rules.

Agree on the general principle. In this case, it's just a rule.

Terry101

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 9:00 pm

Times zones info can help organize the time slots better.

Terry101- EST -2 hours
bigmahon- EST +5 hours
go4joe- EST
Mesacat- EST-2 hours
waynick- EST- 1 hour
seanreflex- EST
joker329- EST
toshiro- EST
unctarheel- EST-1
evanthomas- EST-1 hour
DC Irish- EST- 1 hour

fredpaii

PostThu Mar 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Terry101 wrote:Times zones info can help organize the time slots better.

Fred - EST - 3 hours
Terry101- EST -2 hours
bigmahon- EST +5 hours
go4joe- EST
Mesacat- EST-2 hours
waynick- EST- 1 hour
seanreflex- EST
joker329- EST
toshiro- EST
unctarheel- EST-1
evanthomas- EST-1 hour
DC Irish- EST- 1 hour

waynick

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 1:04 pm

A's trade C Sean Murphy to Terry for 3B Jeimer Candlario. Terry to confirm.

toshiro

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 1:21 pm

Terry do I get a 5th round compensation pick for losing these players to NL:

McCann, James
Wendelken, JB
Bass, Anthony

by this rule: "A lost player beyond the 120th ranking gets a 5th round compensation pick ONLY if it is the team’s only compensation pick. I In other words, if the team has taken advantage of an earlier compensation pick, they may NOT use the 5th round option. In addition, only one 5th round pick allowed."

Terry101

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 1:48 pm

toshiro wrote:Terry do I get a 5th round compensation pick for losing these players to NL:

McCann, James
Wendelken, JB
Bass, Anthony

by this rule: "A lost player beyond the 120th ranking gets a 5th round compensation pick ONLY if it is the team’s only compensation pick. I In other words, if the team has taken advantage of an earlier compensation pick, they may NOT use the 5th round option. In addition, only one 5th round pick allowed."

Your are right as far as that goes, but, from the rules (see spreadsheet) the sentence after states, "The player's value must be 1.5 mil or over in order to receive a 5th round compensation pick."

The rule has been in the compensation rules since the beginning, but I must not have reiterated it on the last message.
Thanks for bringing it to the attention of everyone

toshiro

PostFri Mar 25, 2022 3:35 pm

"The player's value must be 1.5 mil or over in order to receive a 5th round compensation pick."

Is the 1.5 mil the previous year's value or the current year's value?
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat