TSL Keeper League- Chat, News, Trades

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

waynick

Re: TSL Keeper League- Quick vote

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 10:04 pm

I vote to raise it. On a side note, I have cap room and can take some of those high priced players off your hands. especially in the NL

dc irish

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 10:53 pm

Terry101 wrote:
JMP1 wrote:
fredpaii wrote:Just so everyone knows...my total salary is $113,590,000 - for the NL. So the $125,000,000 limit is fine by me. If that exists. I'd even be fine with the $100,000,000 salary cap if I could exchange Pagan for a cheapy FA or traded reliever. That would leave me without Brian Anderson/Nick Ahmed/and Christian Walker on most days except for injury-related substitutions.

I am at $62,380 in the AL. I'm a long way from any cap!

I will contact strat but the season starts Friday so I think it will probably have to stay at 100. The change for the AL will be next year. I don't think anyone is over 100 anyway.

To answer Sean- any salary can be set- people just use 100, 200 for convenience.

The majority believes that you should play the players you drafted, i.e raising the salary. I think we ought to go with the minimum raise to satisfy everyone-as it is extremely unlikely any team will go over 125 anyway.
I will say 125 unless there are objections raised. Thanks guys

As said in the previous post, we will play the AL season first, then the NL, then the combined, which will have a 150 salary.

I guess, because I always seem to be the guy to piss off everyone, I'd object to "only" 125. Please forgive my being new to the league and feel free to disregard all I say as a result. I know I have questionable standing to bring up objections because this is my first season, but I'd rather say my piece and have it ignored than stay silent. Just one of my many personality flaws. So...

It seems arbitrary and doesn't solve the main issue presented: Is this a "best team under XXX" salary draft league like the auto's that are run by strat every day, or a traditional keeper league where one tries to cultivate the best 20 keepers and draft the best 3 prospects and 10 Free agents? If it's the later, as I think it is, the salary limit should be at least 150-200 million (or just go the full 999 to avoid any problems, not to add more wrinkles at this juncture). At 125 we just delay the problem til another day, as it is a certainty at some point that a mixture of trades, drafts, and prospects will put a team over that threshold, and that owner should be rewarded for getting to that point, not have to go into the free agent draft with a "budget" where no other owners are similarly bound. It penalizes successful ownership as a result.

Instead of complicating the approach, make it very easy: What kind of league is this, and depending on that answer, what's the most clear way of reflecting that in a rule.

Additionally, having some background in this, I'd suggest when taking the "middle road" approach to try to appease everyone, it in fact just makes everyone mad at the result. When you split the baby everyone walks away disatisfied. If the majority wanted the 150 or 200 or whatever it was, that should be the result. Again, it probably should be 999 million, but shouldn't be less than what the majority approved.

Again, disregard as you wish. Just needed to spout off a bit.

seanreflex

PostWed Apr 14, 2021 11:47 pm

Commish, you placed a motion on the floor for a vote. The yea / nay question was whether to raise salary cap to $200 million. I believe there are 6 yea’s in response, which would carry the motion and raise the cap to $200 million.

To DC’s and your point, the intent of the league is to draft the best team possible, and the be able to FIELD THE TEAM you draft. Otherwise we could pay $19 and join an auto league.

You created a fun, unique concept for this league. Let’s raise the cap to $200 million and enjoy your creation. I’m sure if anyone is so adamantly opposed that they don’t want to continue, we’ll find a replacement who appreciates the concept and the need to eliminate an unnecessary false ceiling.

Thanks, Terry.

toshiro

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 12:20 am

I'll vote $200 mil, but I don't think it'll help me this year!

Terry101

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 8:31 am

That's why I asked for any objections. We had the majority vote for unlimited with one at 125- (essentially unlimited) with a very small probability of every reaching it.

I checked back at every AL or/and NL league over the past 15 years that I was involved in. 30 leagues (360 teams). Two times a team managed to get to a salary of 114K. Not once did a team get to 125 K. Having said that, a valid objection to 125K is that in the scheme of things, it could happen. It's possible.

To avoid any possibility (since the object is to play the players you draft)... AL and NL will be at 200 (unlimited) and the combined will stay at 150.

dc irish

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 9:06 am

Hey Terry, thanks for the response.

I have one question, and it's sincere just so I understand a bit more being the new guy. Under the revamped rules you just stated on salary limits, why is the mixed less than the AL or NL versions? It would seem to me that's where there's the higher likelihood of going over the stated amount.

I agree that it's tough to go over 150 million, and not arguing the point, just curious.

Terry101

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 9:33 am

Great question.

The fun and interesting aspect lies in configuring a team from both the AL and NL rosters to best accomplish the 28 player roster- no free agent pickups during the season- how to best design your combined team within the 150 salary.

evanthomas

Re: TSL Keeper League- Chat, Updates, Trades

PostThu May 06, 2021 10:36 pm

In checking the NL rosters, I noticed that there is no stadium listed for my team. We had selected Wrigley Field as our home field.

seanreflex

PostMon May 10, 2021 12:39 am

evanthomas wrote:In checking the NL rosters, I noticed that there is no stadium listed for my team. We had selected Wrigley Field as our home field.

Fixed

MFL536

PostMon May 10, 2021 11:31 am

Trade:
mfl536 and 64 Yanks trade
3rd rd FA pick 2022 and Tyler Wade INF
to
Joker329 and Gashouse Gorills

for
W.Merrifield 2b/LF

to be confirmed