Drew Smyly SP/RP
Royce Lewis
Alex Kirilloff
Tristin Casas (prospect)
Prospect picks 11,15 and 23

schnoogens

Re: NAKL Chat

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:25 pm

Hey everyone, something I noticed when I posted the prospect draft list is that Aray is 1st pick...whereas this whole time during the Spring Draft I distinctly remember nythawk leading us off in all rounds. The prospect draft order is correctly based on cumulative records from last year. However, the spring draft looks like it was based on the S2 finish of last season. I missed this when I inherited the file (I setup the prospect draft order and didn't double check that the existing spring order was aligned). My fault.

Some people benefited, 3 people were penalized. Those with a positive number next to their name moved up that amount in the draft, and those with a minus moved down. I want to make it right in a fair way to those who were negatively impacted and I want to ensure we can come to an agreement.

I have a few ideas...open to hearing more.

1. Grant those negatively affected a supplemental pick in next year's 2022 spring draft, somewhere in the 3rd/4th round area. This is my preference, just a matter of how much ground there is to make up for losing draft order in each round. This supplemental pick would be in lieu of their 10th pick (or wherever their last pick would have otherwise been).

2. Grant those negatively affected a 3rd prospect pick this spring

Here's the list:
Nythawk 1
Aray0113 -1
mfl536 ok
Ninersphan 1
ehlekev 2
mlbphan ok
klx22 -2
Schnoogens 1
wjs6768 1
Roscodog -2
lakeview ok
Jerlins ok

Open to hearing thoughts. I apologize this happened but wanted to call it out as soon as I caught it.

Roscodog

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:33 pm

schnoogens wrote:Hey everyone, something I noticed when I posted the prospect draft list is that Aray is 1st pick...whereas this whole time during the Spring Draft I distinctly remember nythawk leading us off in all rounds. The prospect draft order is correctly based on cumulative records from last year. However, the spring draft looks like it was based on the S2 finish of last season. I missed this when I inherited the file (I setup the prospect draft order and didn't double check that the existing spring order was aligned). My fault.

Some people benefited, 3 people were penalized. Those with a positive number next to their name moved up that amount in the draft, and those with a minus moved down. I want to make it right in a fair way to those who were negatively impacted and I want to ensure we can come to an agreement.

1. Grant those negatively affected a supplemental pick in next year's 2022 spring draft, somewhere in the 3rd/4th round area. This is my preference, just a matter of how much ground there is to make up for losing draft order in each round. This supplemental pick would be in lieu of their 10th pick (or wherever their last pick would have otherwise been).

Here's the list:
Nythawk 1
Aray0113 -1
mfl536 ok
Ninersphan 1
ehlekev 2
mlbphan ok
klx22 -2
Schnoogens 1
wjs6768 1
Roscodog -2
lakeview ok
Jerlins ok

Open to hearing thoughts. I apologize this happened but wanted to call it out as soon as I caught it.

No need to apologize, things happen and I obviously didn’t notice either. A new commish deserves a break now and then.
I’m personally fine with whatever you/the league decides.

MFL536

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:36 pm

sounds fair

Ninersphan

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:44 pm

The new commish definitely deserves to be cut a break especially when the mistake likely was the old commish’s fault. That said. I know one of the leagues I ran PURPOSELY had different draft orders for the Free Agent snd Prospect drafts so please before we jump through all these hoops double check the rules and make sure I did make a mistake.

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:46 pm

Yes, no need to apologize. I am OK with either option.

schnoogens

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:47 pm

Here's the rule:

1) A non-serpentine free agent draft of at least 10, and up to 15 rounds, will be held each year shortly after TSN/SOM cards are released. Draft order is determined by cumulative win/loss records from the previous year. Worst to first, NFL style.

lakeviewdave

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 1:28 pm

No preference for me for what is decided.

Aray0113

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 5:26 pm

schnoogens wrote:Hey everyone, something I noticed when I posted the prospect draft list is that Aray is 1st pick...whereas this whole time during the Spring Draft I distinctly remember nythawk leading us off in all rounds. The prospect draft order is correctly based on cumulative records from last year. However, the spring draft looks like it was based on the S2 finish of last season. I missed this when I inherited the file (I setup the prospect draft order and didn't double check that the existing spring order was aligned). My fault.

Here's the list:
Nythawk 1
Aray0113 -1
mfl536 ok
Ninersphan 1
ehlekev 2
mlbphan ok
klx22 -2
Schnoogens 1
wjs6768 1
Roscodog -2
lakeview ok
Jerlins ok

I will be fine however the decision is made, and I will wait until we come to a consensus before drafting if you would like me to.

mlbphan

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 5:36 pm

no apology necessary. it doesn’t affect me either way & even if it did I’d be ok with whatever the league decides.

Rick
mlbphan
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat