NAKL Chat

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

Re: NAKL Chat

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 9:41 am

Ninersphan wrote:Daughter update:

I’ve had a couple of you ask so here’s the latest on my daughter’s recovery:
Last Friday was a big day, she was discharged from the rehab facility and allowed to go “home”. Home right now is back to her sorority house, which is a good thing as it has a handicap accessible room with the appropriate bathroom. Our house is not conducive to wheelchair use so we are very grateful her school was willing to work with us. It’s also great for her mental health to be around her “sisters” who have been so supportive and caring these last few weeks.
She’s going to be wheelchair bound for at least the next 2 months which means my wife and I have temporarily relocated to be able to take care of her. My wife is able to work remotely and I’ve taken a leave of absence from work. I’m with her everyday preparing her meals, running her errands, and helping her get to doctors appointments. I think I’m unofficially house dad for her sorority.
After the two months in the wheelchair, she will start rehab/PT again to begin walking, not sure how long that process will take.

Overall she’s in good spirits, pain has mostly subsided, and she’s resumed her studies at school with some modifications. All in all, we really couldn’t be in a better place given circumstances. There’s a long way to go to get back to “normal” but we are on the right path.

Bill, that is great you have been able to take time off to be with her and help with her day to day needs. It sounds like she is recovering as planned so far. That is great.
On a side note, I've had dreams about being a sorority house dad! ;)

Ninersphan

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 10:17 am

Uhm yeah. Trying really hard not to be the “creepy old guy”. So far so good. I just want to know when college girls got so YOUNG. They’re like babies.

schnoogens

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 10:47 am

Thanks for the update Bill!

I just left this message within the league MB as well: there are multiple teams with more than 26 rostered players. Please cut down to a maximum of 26 before tonight's games. Thanks!

mlbphan

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 12:00 pm

6) Injured players can be kept on a team's major league roster for the duration of their injury. Players promoted to the major league roster as injury replacements must be returned to the minor league roster once the injury has healed. There is a 2-game grace period to return injury replacement players to the minor league roster - this allows each owner to maintain a constant 25 man roster at all times. We will be using the honor system here - please don't keep players beyond their authorized time.

you can be over 26 due to injuries

Rick
mlbphan

schnoogens

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:51 pm

I am starting to work on the roster update and will hopefully have it complete this week.

For the draft snafu I explained a few weeks ago, I have inserted a supplemental 4th round into the 2022 spring FA draft for the three teams affected. I ordered it by the two teams affected by 2 spots (KLX and Rosco) and then Aray (affected by 1 spot). Picks are #'s 49, 50, 51. This feels like a decent middle ground and as recently as this season a 4th round pick was traded in one trade for the #3 and #15 prospect picks and in another trade for Strasburg, so it's meaningful but doesn't break the draft.

Roscodog

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 2:55 pm

schnoogens wrote:I am starting to work on the roster update and will hopefully have it complete this week.

For the draft snafu I explained a few weeks ago, I have inserted a supplemental 4th round into the 2022 spring FA draft for the three teams affected. I ordered it by the two teams affected by 2 spots (KLX and Rosco) and then Aray (affected by 1 spot). Picks are #'s 49, 50, 51. This feels like a decent middle ground and as recently as this season a 4th round pick was traded in one trade for the #3 and #15 prospect picks and in another trade for Strasburg, so it's meaningful but doesn't break the draft.

All good as far as I’m
Concerned.

schnoogens

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 3:23 pm

I ended up cruising through the rest of the roster update and will send shortly.

3 to-do's - for each of these please check to make sure this is accurate with your own records:

1. Jerlins has 41 players, which means his last spring pick Wade Miley would need to be dropped
2. Nythawk has 39 players, which means he needs to draft another player (can start now)
3. Ehlekev has 39 players, which means he needs to draft another player (after Nythawk picks)

Ninersphan

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 3:50 pm

Thanks Kevin, everything looks good for my squad and no issue with the draft snafu solution.

KEVINEHLE

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 4:28 pm

schnoogens wrote:I ended up cruising through the rest of the roster update and will send shortly.

3 to-do's - for each of these please check to make sure this is accurate with your own records:

1. Jerlins has 41 players, which means his last spring pick Wade Miley would need to be dropped
2. Nythawk has 39 players, which means he needs to draft another player (can start now)
3. Ehlekev has 39 players, which means he needs to draft another player (after Nythawk picks)

I found out why it shows 39 players on your spreadsheet. You had PM'd a while back about an issue with my roster size. I said I could promote Akiyama and that would resolve the issue. I went ahead and updated my Drop List that added Akiyama. You will need to add Akiyama to my 40 man roster and we will be good. Thanks.

Kev's Cuts

Dickerson, Corey OF
Ervin, Phillip OF
Santana, Carlos 1B
Hernandez, Enrique UTIL
Maybin, Cameron OF
McCutcheon, Andrew OF
Miller, Brad UTIL
Ramos, Wilson C
Solak, Nick UTIL
Arrieta, Jake SP
Drake, Oliver RP
Dyson, Sam RP
Fulmer, Michael SP
McHugh, Collin SP
Moronta, Reyes RP
Robles, Hansel RP
Rogers, Taylor RP

Prospect Promotions
Akiyama, Shogo OF
Plesac, Zach SP

40 - 17 drops + 2 Promotions = 25 (15 picks)

schnoogens

PostMon Apr 26, 2021 5:34 pm

Got it Kev, thanks. I figured he could be a part of the issue!
PreviousNext

Return to Individual League Chat